Plug and play ecus

Bugger :/ i was hoping to get one for christmas im basicaly wanting too run about 200 brake i was going too get a decent mani decat front mount ht leads actuator run about a bar of boost and shot a plug and play on is there any other cheap answers for mapping ?

TD are doing a good deal on Emanage blue units fitted and mapped mate :) Will be ideal for your setup, and are about the same price as you would pay for a plug and play ecu.

Edited by AdamB

TD are doing a good deal on Emanage blue units fitted and mapped mate :) Will be ideal for your setup, and are about the same price as you would pay for a plug and play ecu.

What he said :D

In all seriousness, in our opinion the EManage is a much better idea than a 'plug n play', with the EManage it is setup for the exact spec of your car and will make the most of what you have fitted.

Currently £549.00 all in :)http://www.ukstarletowners.com/index.php?showtopic=57353

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

What he said :D

In all seriousness, in our opinion the EManage is a much better idea than a 'plug n play', with the EManage it is setup for the exact spec of your car and will make the most of what you have fitted.

Currently £549.00 all in :)http://www.ukstarlet...showtopic=57353

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

in all seriousness

you will pay £500 for an p&p ecu, + £20 delivery + £60 for a dyno run to check it is actually fueling right

the TD emange offer is a seriously good offer at the moment

plus your guarenteed perfect fueling and a btter ultimate power and delivery of that power from a custom map

Bugger :/ i was hoping to get one for christmas im basicaly wanting too run about 200 brake i was going too get a decent mani decat front mount ht leads actuator run about a bar of boost and shot a plug and play on is there any other cheap answers for mapping ?

leave the boost at standard boost, drive there gently, then piddle your actuator when your there

then get them to fit it

with a simple mod list like that youll be fine to drive unmapped for 2/3 hours if your sensible.

The only thing is youre in cheshire which is quite far from me i wouldnt like the idea of fitting all my mods and turning the boost up too 1 bar and then driving 2 and a half possibly 3 hours without it fueling right etc

We can turn the boost up here.... just drive steady on the way up and don't get carried away with your right foot and it'll be fine ;)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Your running a CT9 and will still have the standard management worst thing tht can happen is you hit fuel cut and that will only happen if its really cold or if your ragging the dick out of it.

I can garuntee if you have a healthy engine now putting mods on it and leaving the boost the same and staying away from fuel cut will do no damage what so ever. Infact if you were staying off fuel cut you will be making your engines life easier as it will be able to do the same without as much stress.

As for the rest what mike and trisk have been saying Id back them up also emanage is a farr better way to go if you plan to do all those mods.

The only real justification in a plug and play is if you buy it 1st and then begin to mod as you dont needto have it mapped each time you fit a new part but it will be heavier on fuel and ultimately less powerful.

if your going with a emb then upgrade to a tdo4 to get good power figures.. for a ct9 i wouldnt bother with a emb.. ive seen a few graphs between plug and plays and emb's.. think the most was 7bhp more in favour of the emb on a ct9 @1bar.. travelling some distance for those figures doesnt seem worth it but it is if your always planning on going bigger.. a good setup and ct9 or ct9 hybrid with a plug and play @1bar will put a smile on your face and you can do it yourself... i have checked both a blitz access and jam ecu for afrs on my car and ive checked my mates car which is running a sard analyse plug and play and all were spot on.. if any engine is running lean with these ecus then theres a problem elsewhere.. they run a tad rich if anything but thats the way they were designed..

Tbh i've never realy struggled to get hold of a plug and play either i've been lucky or had the money at the right time they poped up for sale!

If you are a member on TGTT get a wanted thread shot up aswell as on here!..Its xmas so some people like me have kids and times can be hard so what quicker way to get money then sell the ecu

I'd go emanage blue I first had mine fitted and mapped on a ct9 at TD and the car ran perfect then upgraded to td04 quick re-map and she running like a dream again your future proofing if u go emanage cuz they can handle pretty much anything U through at em up to decent bhp and mike and nick at TD are very helpful and great guys to deal with

if you ever decide to changed form EMB to something else you will not get your money back for it where as with plug n play they tend to hold their value.

I paid £500 for my zep plug n play ecu 2 years ago and i know for a fact i can get £500 back for it today,

Check how much the EMBs are worth second hand usually a cople of hundered im guessing