Coming from Supra TT's etc

Hi my name is Joris from Belgium. I finally made the decision to buy a bone stock glanza from Japan. Will be arriving in like 2 months or so. I registered here to know more and to order some after market parts.

My previous cars were :

Supra NA , R32 gtst , Supra NA , R32 gtst , Supra TT & Supra TT lol

Now i own a Impreza bugeye 2002 as daily and Ive bought a Glanza to do some fun in the weekends and go to the nurburgring :)

Can anyone confirm that glanza's are A REAL THRILL to drive ? :)

Cheers

They are mental mate and tuned right blow bigger cars out the water

Check out this video from one of our staff, Socks if you need proof!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSZ5Ffgh1RA

I wouldnt call that blowing it out of the water.......................but yeh if tuned properly, at 350hp a glanza has a much better power to weight than a lambo so I think that says it all :)

Thank you for the great replies already! really means a lot to me! Im sure I can get the parts needed right here! ;) P.S If you guys can come over to belgium, I'm organizing an official meet (especially for JDM cars) so you are always welcome. I come 5 - 10 times a year to uk just for parts or cars, I LOVE IT THERE SO MUCH :) Here in Belgium it costs too much to register something like that but still I can't stop myself :)

Edit: The car is now ordered in Japan so prolly need to wait 1 - 2 months until the car is here and then 2 months of registration but it's winter right now, still have the Supra to drift around and the wrx to actually get somewhere :)

Edited by potvolkoffie

Quite a big group of JDM lovers has developed here in Belgium. It's very hard and expensive to bring such cars on the road. It takes much time (+- 6 months if you are lucky) and costs a lot (1400 - 1700 gbp) to register te car. And for the MOT the car has to be +- full stock. So you guys will be more then welcome to join our meeting then ! ;) Cheers!

I dont know if i can 'advertise' our facebookgroup here : "Speedconcept" if someones interested.

Cheers and thx for all the replies!

I've came from a decent string of quick cars from BMW's to Integra Type R's, and I've came back to a Glanza. Theyre just more fun! Not necesserily better handling/quicker, but they are bloody awesome fun. Standard seats are possibly the worst I've ever sat in though and the brakes are pump. Everything else is peachy!

Jip prolly gonna need to change the seats, suspension & brakes. That's why I'm here, and another advantage off the Glanza. You don't need to whine after a spirited / long drive about that you drove for that much euros (or pounds :) ). Fuel economy seems to be VERY good. Supra did 16l/100 km at normal driving and +25 @ WOT

Quite a big group of JDM lovers has developed here in Belgium. It's very hard and expensive to bring such cars on the road. It takes much time (+- 6 months if you are lucky) and costs a lot (1400 - 1700 gbp) to register te car. And for the MOT the car has to be +- full stock. So you guys will be more then welcome to join our meeting then ! ;) Cheers!

I dont know if i can 'advertise' our facebookgroup here : "Speedconcept" if someones interested.

Cheers and thx for all the replies!

Hi Mate

Speedconcept comes up with a group in Finland, look to join our FB page here http://www.facebook....ukstarletowners an we could try and sort something out :)

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

Welcome joris from belgium!

@ matty d, a 1.3 beatin a ferrari IS blowing it out the water!

That vid is the best race thats been catalogued on this site so far!

Y so serious?

Exactly Matty

If a 1.3 hatchback can have a Ferrari in a straight line. Then it's a good demonstration that it could do some serious work against surpas/evos/skylines when tuned right

no a 1.3 being quicker than a ferrari is epic but it didnt blow it out of the water and completely destroy it as you are making out!!

if the claimed figures were correct then you would have seen it being destroyed, work it out for yourselves...............

(drivers/passengers weight taken in to account)

Sock's - 344 bhp/ton

355 - 248 bhp/ton

now correct me if im wrong, but surely a car with pretty much 100 bhp per ton more should have absolutely anniliated it no? I saw no anniliation in this video....................