finaly joined the 4 paw club

for those that know me ive wanted a 4paw since i first herd about them but none ever came up when i had the cash then geo stoped importing so i gave up. then i was bored looking at cars and spoted a 3door manual ep95 with 74k km's on the clock so decided to bite the bullet and on monday it boarded the boat at yokohama docks due to arrive late january. so far its been stupidly easy so i plan to do a step by step guide on importing one incase anyone else decides to try there hand at it.

the 4 paws arent much to look at in standard time but here's a cheeky picture of it anyway :p once it arrives it will be striped to bits and i can actauly start to build up an ep and get back on the roads lol

01w.jpg

Nice one mate, I posted a link up to this very car not so long ago :p

Please do write a step by step guide mate, as I would love to possibly get one myself at a later date.

Edited by AdamB

oh yeh ment to say what u goin to do with the glanza? u goin to use all from that and transfer over onto the 95 or goin ahead with that still? :)

yea ill use all the parts from the glanza build for the 95 so should be a tasty spec :p

Awesome Dude! :)

Whats the cost so far?

Looks like a minter, glad some have escaped the wave!

it currently stands me at £1200 delivered to the port then i have to pay around £400 in tax's. pay for a trailer to pick it up and a few other misc things all in all am hoping to have it done around the 2k mark but am planing a pretty big build so if its a few quid more its worth it imo.

Good stuff Shaun, you've got some project on the go now lol

ill get there :p hopefully ill get a chance to head up to a days at crail and what not and get a nosey around yours to many big bhp builds going on not to get involved

Nice one mate, I posted a link up to this very car not so long ago :p

Please do write a step by step guide mate, as I would love to possibly get one myself at a later date.

i knew how rare they were and i messaged the guy an hour or so after it was posted up u can keep track of how many other people email about it and it kept raising a few everyday while we discussed a few things so was hoping no one would post it up on here and add more intrest lol. luckily the company am dealing with has been spot on so far and they were pretty quik to get it sold

Glad you decided to go for it in the end dude!!

Think you should keep it black though :p

aye the more i looked into i couldnt find a reason not todo it :p

nice 1 lad

u did take in account for all the extra taxes u have to pay when it arives ere

still hope u get a bargain ha ha

aye i looked around for as much info as possible so i think i should be able to keep it under 2k all done but am just taking my time doing this build properly so if it costs abit more its just one of those things

ill get there :p hopefully ill get a chance to head up to a days at crail and what not and get a nosey around yours to many big bhp builds going on not to get involved

i knew how rare they were and i messaged the guy an hour or so after it was posted up u can keep track of how many other people email about it and it kept raising a few everyday while we discussed a few things so was hoping no one would post it up on here and add more intrest lol. luckily the company am dealing with has been spot on so far and they were pretty quik to get it sold

Yeah when I emailed about one before they wanted to get rid as soon as possible, and even offered me discount price. I was a bit concerned about them trying to offload me something with discount straight away.

What was the company name you brought through?

Edited by AdamB

never! possibly the first 3 door manual ive seen for sale in a few months lol

haha, no worries! been put off the idea now :p

just out of curiosity, what power you planning to run? as I am led to believe, you are looking for some big power of which the rear diff would apparently struggle with and could break it.........................these parts are now discontinued so what would you do if the worst case scenario where to happen?

The rear diffs can still be rebuilt if the worst was to happen:) Pluss i cannt see Shaun haveing any problems with his anytime soon as he as done the right thing a bought a very low miles EP95!

Edited by micky boy

Yeah when I emailed about one before they wanted to get rid as soon as possible, and even offered me discount price. I was a bit concerned about them trying to offload me something with discount straight away.

What was the company name you brought through?

think it depends how long its been sitting realy this was fresh in and had alot of intrest so had togo for it. its a company fujimaki co. ive done a fair bit of chatting to them and they seem spot have said they should come on here to see what kinda spec cars were after so dunno if they will make an appearance on here.

haha, no worries! been put off the idea now :p

just out of curiosity, what power you planning to run? as I am led to believe, you are looking for some big power of which the rear diff would apparently struggle with and could break it.........................these parts are now discontinued so what would you do if the worst case scenario where to happen?

am looking for 350+bhp people have ran close to this and not had an issue before so its just a game of chance realy. as micky said ive went for a low mileage to give me the best base. the parts for the ep85 are discontinued but the ep95 parts can still be gotten from toyota although they do come with a price tag so id more than likely try find a specalist todo custom parts

What are you planning to do about ratios? Or will the car be only used for track?

the cars main focus will be a good all rounder but the short first will be swaped for a gt first to make it more drag friendly and the final drive? from a diesel yaris will be used to give me a higher top speed . am not to clued up on the exact details off it but no gaz done it on one of geos 4paws.