My mate josh made me some genuine carbon fibre number plates

IMG_5454_zpsc279a2ec.jpg

My mate cal took a photo of the car really clean:

IMG_5253_zps545a3f18.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need to add a big thanks for Flint for helping me take my glow pannel off. otherwise it would have ended up in 3 peieces. Toyota dont half put some clips in stupid places. You end up working blind or there isnt enough room to get pliers in to release the clips.

But with flints help it came off and went back on with no damage. Cheers bro

that whole hanging the steering wheel on the mirror thing lol whats that really all about? Bet she feels nice with the wheel that bit closer? thats how i had it

Just milking the snap off boss. Was a meet that was mainly porsches and more expsnive cars, so we all rocked up in modded jap stuff and milked it. was fairly amusing. Confused an awful lot of them

Yeah its nice a bit closer, took a bit of getting used to though, and its a bit annoying that i cant reach the inidicators as easily, but ive got used to it

Really impressed with the driftworks boss though, no play at all, and a really nice release and relocation

felt a lot of ebay ones in other cars, that you dont feel like the wheel is really attached

• 4 weeks later...

Another speed update

I had some pretty beading

FullSizeRender_zps2fef17f9.jpg

I tried my WMS templates in my Toms wheels. they dont even slightly fit :(

IMG_5808_zps389ee616.jpg

IMG_5807_zps47e16783.jpg

The car went into my mates Garage and came apart

IMG_5844_zpsdb5e60aa.jpg

Flint bent over

IMG_5897_zpsec4fd317.jpg

Whilst it was in the garage, with Flints (and Dans) help we did

Plugs, oil and adjusted my panhard rod. Now just to hope my new rocker cover gets dipped before japfest and ill be ready :)

IMG_5901_zps3bbdb9f4.jpg

IMG_5902_zps51053710.jpg

Also changed the bumper clips, ordered some new ones from toyota. really helped my saggy issue and was only a few quid

Picture for part number, bracket is the old one:

IMG_5900_zps07ca062b.jpg

Then I lurked around and took some photos of the car:

IMG_5951_zps923a083a.jpg

IMG_5921_zpsbd27aecf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Successfully managed to do a Japfest :)

IMG_6100_zpse68505ee.jpg
On the ferry with my mates that were coming, was a mega cool convoy. There was 9 of us in a variety of cool modified cars (mostly jap)

IMG_6102_zpsfe5dca23.jpg
Bye Bye, Guernsey

IMG_6103_zps054b9c6d.jpg
Stopping for a fresh tank of V power just after we got off the boat

IMG_6104_zps70f8db6f.jpg
Was on track with Mr Moss in his ingtegra (I wasnt in the GT I was in my mates Colt) But his helmet made me chuckle

IMG_6106_zpsae08956b.jpg
A few of us back at the hotel the night after

IMG_6112_zpscf104795.jpg
Another fuel stop

And a few more photos that I have collected of mine from through the day:
IMG_6108_zps6afa3475.jpg

IMG_6109_zps15a8e6c4.jpg
IMG_6120_zps1fa69c59.jpg
IMG_6107_zps9784e084.jpg
IMG_6121_zps03d67cf4.jpg
IMG_6116_zps376eada9.jpg

and a photo of my mate Dan's EK9 on the drive home down the A-road. Got a lot of love for this photo
be82d2f2-60b9-441d-b633-25ed17d3d68f_zps

So that was my japfest experience. No car issues, execpt for a minor oil leak from the rocker cover which I need to invesigate, but it was literally about two teaspoons worth over 400km. So nothing for me to get concerned about

Is your mate with the colt called jordan? Just seeing the corner of it i remember the car i think from when i used to own a colt, i see his pics of it on fb now if its the same guy n it looks sweeet

Is your mate with the colt called jordan? Just seeing the corner of it i remember the car i think from when i used to own a colt, i see his pics of it on fb now if its the same guy n it looks sweeet

Yeah mate. Jordan. Here is a photo from when I went on track with him. He does competitive racing over here in that colt. He's racing tomorrow actually

IMG_6182_zps7794598c.jpg

• 1 month later...

So my front bumper was pretty tatty round the edges

IMG_6484_zpsd579819c.jpg

IMG_6485_zps3b580d83.jpg

it also had a pretty big hole in it from a front exit that had been fitted at one point..

So a friend who works in body shop did some work on it for me

IMG_6490_zps61a7664b.jpg

IMG_6496_zps849e21dd.jpg

and now its all repaired and painted

IMG_6647_zps76ee70b2.jpg

• 11 months later...

So this is still going and is picking up a bit of momentum again

After getting the bumper done, i got very paranoid about driving it daily and damaging it again. I also had a track day at les mans coming up and was slightly worried about spending more time under it than in it. So i was in the market for a daily

I ended up with this

A5C2FA54-374C-47E3-B6DB-3B9755F1B2F9_zps

I then got a bit carried away with the daily side of it:

7E37BFBD-91F8-4A65-B036-56AAEC51430F_zps

at frst it was essentials for the track day, semi slicks, brake upgrade, camber arms, fast road aligment

then slowly it became white wheels, carbon bonnet and bride seat

but atleast i finally have a daily that i love driving, and its touch wood, nice and reliable

But nobody cars about Hondas, so back to the Starlet

Started filling in my spare dash and prepping it ready for flocking

B3CE3E0A-3794-438B-85A6-A995C77AD757_zps

Im not mega happy with the outcome of the flocking, so dont have too many photos of it. it will be coming off and being done again.

2A0B0979-9327-45C5-91F2-3FADAD396656_zps

I also found another mk1 loom, which i have entirely depinned and repinned for my megasquirt standalone. Have also made a adapter so the interior loom will just plug in, meaning that the interior and engine looms can still be split:

0E853968-FAB7-432F-BCF1-074CE6259663_zps

3A5906A2-0984-45CF-AEBA-64BA6072A41C_zps

So now is the fun part of stripping the loom out and removing everything i dont need, and getting it ready for a bit of a semi tuck in the bay

that core is our old street spec unit. made to fit the stock bumper without any cutting. you could go with something a little larger now since you have a tom's bumper :)

It was me that bought it, it fitted under the mk1 bumper fine

• 3 months later...

So, some people know that the serious work has started. The ramp got put into the workshop, so combine that with heading to JAE, and flint nagging me i finally got round to starting the GT project

Some of you might have seen my rear camber thread, so the first thing we did we did was the work to rear axle, more detail can be found in the Chasis section, but it involved machining some stub axles, and chopping up an axle

xb1MgXn.jpg

IfFSNwp.jpg

So first up we got the car up on the ramp and started stripping it down

JnPFd5m.jpg

hQEWNyV.jpg

then ripped the bay apart

bkXE0Dt.jpg

and the interior

t1sNl1i.jpg

found some roughness along the way. things from being an old car. so its good to find these things and know that they can be rectified along the way

caoHgPq.jpg

Also an interesting repair job on the exhaust

Dwn6Omm.jpg

But these will all get rectified along the way, especially as i share the workshop with one of my best mates kieran who happens to be a welder/fabricator, so an flexi and front section just got added to his list of things to do for me (Thanks mate ;)

The first thing i started doing was to sack off the power steering, it just looks ugly in the bay, so that will be converted to a saxo pump and hidden in the wheel arch

Kieran made me a plate and welded it all up for me to mount the pump in the arch

L3pEtJc.jpg

doKp0kh.jpg

oYsKdGv.jpg

Then the new turbo kit went on

v569Zsn.jpg

vYLQAfS.jpg

The rear bumper then came off to relocate the battery to boot

BkRBR5i.jpg

G8PTn4P.jpg

There is still a big box of bits to go on!!

V3I8WHi.jpg

I have also swapped the new loom in the car is running on the standalone with it correctly hardwired into the loom.

THe new loom did cause some problems with it having to go in and out twice for things to be soldered and extra wires to be added. It also caused some serious thinking as when the ecu first went in it wouldnt read an RPM signal as the distributer decieded to die when we put the loom in, so that cause a few head scraching moments as i thought it was my wiring causing the issue. Eventually flint just swapped the dizzy (after telling me it was that multiple times and be not beleiving him and double checking and triple checking my wiring). Never seen an actual dizzy die before on a starlet but now its replaced we have a RPM signal to the ECU and everything is reading correctly

I have put in the wideband sensors and have done some really basic start up stuff so it runs and starts, not particually well, but that will be adjusted once the fuel system is on and everything is back together, at the moment it is still running with no intercooler so i am not suprised that it is running rough!

THis post also goes up with a big thanks to Kieran and Flint, they have been with me every step of the way through this project and without them it just wouldnt get done!

• TrisK changed the title to TrisK's TOMS MK1 GT - Wheel-y big update