TrisK's TOMS MK1 GT - Wheel-y big update

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work goin on man .. love this car . would you not get the adjustable toms spoiler for it

he has no chance of getting it off lol I fitted it with some crazy industrial boat sealant and riv nutted the holes from the original livesports splitter and bolted it tight

I spent 6 years putting all those dents in this car Trisk just for you to remove them lol

Anyway have you run it on a dyno yet? I'm keen to see what the stock ct9 makes at 1.0bar she did go quite well

Nope. Although I reckon it's somewhere in the 160-185 region. Comparing it to my old v

It probably won't get dynoed with the ct9 turbo tbh

nice work goin on man .. love this car . would you not get the adjustable toms spoiler for it

I thought about it. But I love the siloheutte of the car with the livesports spoiler

Also if I got one it would have to be genuine (to match the rest of the TOM's kit)

My best mate (flintygt) has a genuine toms spoiler. And that will be mine if he ever sells the car or changes spoiler. But weather i would ever change it I don't know

My best mate (flintygt) has a genuine toms spoiler. And that will be mine if he ever sells the car or changes spoiler. But weather i would ever change it I don't know

Never going to sell my genuine toms spolier it makes my gt. There nothing on the market to change my mind. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Started mocking up my oil cooler today. There was already a cut out for the cooler to sit in. Just need to get some bolts and massage the mounting points slightly

472F8345-8F87-4D03-8EC9-685A910296C7_zps

664D2097-F8A4-48DE-AA67-0B1E312C2F89_zps

Had to cut the lower mounting points off to clear the bumper

9669A1D4-52D0-48FF-91A0-9A6973BEF989_zps

The rest of the kit

CAA56F7C-726D-443E-8B4C-7F8F35E83028_zps

And th final test fit into the bumper

FBB76945-D379-4A13-A019-B9BE32F78E03_zps

Whats wrong with the one on it mate .. Lookin at the likes of this make me wanna go mad with mine but im gonna stay oem

Nothing, just a few hairline cracks. That I want to fix and make mint for completeness's sakes.

Cooler looks good there.

Cheers Lew

Looking good Tristan! I'm guessing this is all a bid to get it properly set up for track use?

Sort of, although I dont know when it will see a track, i fancy an track inspired build. Plus it looks bad-ass :p

did my old oil cooler mounts line up then? I remember trying to do a boso style gimme a mo I will look out a pic

well that was the original plan lol

They sort of lined up, the holes on the cooler need slighly enlongating so it sits flat.

I was originally gonna do the same, and have the lines go through the front bumper, then I realised it would wind me up to have to drop my oil if i wanted to remove the bumper from the car lol

The girlfriend and I are away in the car for a week. So i decieded id swap the harnesses back up seatbelts for the road trip. And probably put the interior back in

59245E86-40F5-4AA8-84D4-DDF72ACE2E7D_zps

Also my TD fuel rail and braided line arrived:

7EABC850-B31A-40B2-97E1-C786D59A5A52_zps

Also took a sneaky shot as I was locking the shed up. Oooosh she's tasty

151DF6E4-93B8-4E16-923C-F0685F9D6F28_zps

Road trip in a GT sounds like a plan, yous off anywhere nice ?

The week before japfest we are visiting family. So all round the south of England

If anyone wants to meet up just hollah. BE glad to see some of my starlet bezins

• TrisK changed the title to TrisK's TOMS MK1 GT - Wheel-y big update