So after a while away from the starlet scene idecided i had to get a project as i needed a cheap run-around and talked the missus into letting me get another starlet(after months of blagging) . Originally i was going to get a sportif or cd as a base but upon scrolling through the internet managed to come upon this Glanza S, with no hesitation called my mate up gave him 5 minutes notice that hes taking me 250miles away to pick up a car, it apparently was the womans husbands pride and joy( really worrying with the state of the poor thing). Anyway passenger door wouldnt open but i was in a rush to get back for work in 3 hours so threw the cash over and made a dash back to devon. Next day i have a look over the car and what a poor state it is in =[. So she needs alot of tlc but she will get there.

List of problems found so far.

Standard Suspension Rides Like A Boat

Passenger Door Doesnt open

Heaters Blow Constantly Cold

Rust On Front Nearside Arch

Engine Bay Is Filthy

Coolant Is Brown

Interior Stinks And Is Filthy

Oil Is Very low

Window Tint Is Shoddy as Hell

Anyway Heres Some Photos And Will Update More When I Have A Day Off And Get Some Work Done On Her =] Let Me Know What You Think

20130120_161047_zps00834bb1.jpg

20130120_161039_zps11542f20.jpg

20130120_161025_zps4d373617.jpg

20130120_161018_zpsc0246cff.jpg

Nothing that cant be fixed matey :) These are rare things!

Standard Suspension Rides Like A Boat - Not a serious issue, thats just how they are....

Passenger Door Doesnt open - be the handle thats broken most likely!

Heaters Blow Constantly Cold - heater matrix blocked is most likely. oses off, hose pipe and flush it out!

Rust On Front Nearside Arch - UK roads for ya, be easier to get another wing as they bolt on...

Engine Bay Is Filthy - clean it then :) soap is less then a quid :)

Coolant Is Brown - change it then :) coolant is less then £8

Interior Stinks And Is Filthy - clean it then :p

Oil Is Very low - top it up

Window Tint Is Shoddy as Hell - peal it off :)

No real problems dude, just moaning :p

A days hard work and she will be sexy again im sure! ;)

I tend to moan :D haha,

i just dont see how someone could let it get in the state it is in and i would of cleaned it personally before i sold it !!

Been busy this morning shes clean inside and out, oil and filter change, new coolant, doors fixed and there is a blockage in the heater matrix as return pipe is bone dry, time for bed then work,

so that will be a job for tomorrow.

I tend to moan :D haha,

i just dont see how someone could let it get in the state it is in and i would of cleaned it personally before i sold it !!

Been busy this morning shes clean inside and out, oil and filter change, new coolant, doors fixed and there is a blockage in the heater matrix as return pipe is bone dry, time for bed then work,

so that will be a job for tomorrow.

Heater Matrix hoses off. Hose Pipe on the line to push water back thru it until it runs free....

Dishwasher cleaner also helps (limescale etc)

Heater Matrix hoses off. Hose Pipe on the line to push water back thru it until it runs free....

Dishwasher cleaner also helps (limescale etc)

excellent will get that done tomorrow, its a tad chilly to not have any heating on at the moment.

good base dude.

at first I was wondering if she was an S, but the side repeaters give her away as an import.

TOM's radiator cap - nice bonus part there. some random wires running to the radiator and over flow bottle brackets there though.

and as stated already, those decals are extremely rare. Glanza Jim had a set on his S but had to remove them as someone smacked one side of his car.

good base to start from though dude, great purchase!

Phil.

So not a big update as i havent had much time to spend on the car at the moment but ive cleaned her up and made a list of parts i need and more problems ive found.

So both front wings are shot so they need to be replaced once i get paid next month,

lowering springs are a must aswell,

also windows are steaming up alot so removed door cards and they were soaked but cant find where the water has been coming in but ive replaced both door cards, still need to find the damn leak though =/

Other than that shes running well now that shes got some oil and fluids in her.

Will update soon when i have got some new parts on her =]

20130126_143936_zps6e333250.jpg