EP82 from Lincoln

Hi All,

I have recently aquired an EP82, so I thought I would come on here and say hello...

I was after something cheap and fun, so I did a part exchange deal with a friend of mine.

So really, I don't know much about the car, all I know that it is great fun to drive! All the work was done by the chap previous to my friend, so there is a lack of receipts etc...

So hopefully you guys on here can shed some light on what you see!

Here is a pic of the engine -

20130209_103409_zpsb1e9caea.jpg

20130209_103442_zpsa4bbc525.jpg

The obvious bits like AFPR, manifold, Apex'i Dump valve, FMIC

The turbo says 'CT9' on it.....

There is also a HKS EVC plumbed in, but I'm not sure I dare play around with that?

I do intend to do a lot of research about my new toy! :-)

Here is how it looks:

20130209_102749_zpsc2f503e1.jpg

It is pretty rough around the edges, it's certainly no 'show and shine' winner, but its more of a fun run about then a show car.

Maybe the car is known on here from its past?

Cheers All.

Thanks for the welcome!

As for your spec...

I can see:

Zisco CT9 Stainless RamHorn Manifold
WEPR Front Mounted Intercooler
FSE Fuel Pressure Regulator
eBay Oil Catch Can

Looks like you got optional recaro interior too?

Yeh it has Recaro's in... The chap I bought the car off had them retrimmed as well.

Well! It is a small world!

kidV messaged me the other day saying he spotted a Black GT in Lincoln that he'd not seen before...

Sent me this:

attachicon.gifcf8f23db2b74a78445bf4a6b06ad929b.jpg

Welcome to the club matey... Im only in Gainsborough which is not far away...

You enjoying Starlet Turbo Ownership? :)

That would have been taken when my friend was up for a weekend, as he lives in Essex. I have only had it a few days.

So far, I am loving it. Really good fun!

Got a couple of bits to sort straight away.... The T1R's are bald on the front.... The exhaust has 3 holes in it.... The speedo/revometer bulbs need replacing.....

Cheers chaps!

I am booked in this afternoon for a couple of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's (Served me well on other cars)... I hope these reduce my torque steer! :D That said, any tyre that actually has tread will help! ha!

I am also booked in for a new exhaust to be made on Wednesday... As the whole lot needs replacing, I thought I would have one made from scratch...... So this is where I ask everyone to show me their exhausts so I can get a few ideas :thumbsup: Particually back box....

Ideally I need a fairly quite idle, so I may have to get a small-ish one, unlike the Blitz Nur Spec that is currently on it.

A 2.5 inch pipe with a 3inch exit might be what your looking for then dude

Funny you should say that, as that is exactly what I had in mind! 3 - 3.5 Exit. Inward rolled.

Anyone on here with a pic of a similar set up?

I love the angle jap box look, but it will be difficult to get a quiet idle with a big jap box!