Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

i would love too mate. the problem is though, 1) we dont really have the parts 2) i dont have the time in the day to do them. we are so busy with standard rebuilds its unbelievable. im talking around 30 a day busy!

the front arb has been a nice addition. its hardened that front end up and reduced a lot of roll. problem is it slightly fouls the exhaust and vibrates like mad every now and again. its an easy fix but just cant find the time to do it so just jammed something between the two for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right on the last dyno run i came up 3.2bhp short of my target and the boost reading enlightend me to a few problems.

after a fair bit of research at work i have finally come up with the keirz spec two hybrid turbo!

i have all the parts ready and waiting to be machiened together, gonna custom make an actuator bracket as it doesnt use a ct9 compressor and im also gonna make some intercooler pipeing to suit and create a shorther, thicker more free flowing route.

the plan for this hybrid is not massive power, im looking to create the same power, circa 200bhp. but create that power around 1000rpm sooner and also at a lower boost level. gonna try and get 200bhp @0.9 bar. meaning a more responsive and safer running car.

my only fear is controlling the boost but i can only face that as i come to it, as until the turbo is built there is no knowing how the boost will behave.

should all be ready in a couple of weeks time as i dont get much chance to work on it.

Looking forward to this. :D

me too, im very happy with my first effort and im sure with a better map and a boost controller it will easy be a 200 + turbo. and on my first hybrid build thats pretty good going. the new one uses a much better compressor end, but im using a smaller shaft than before as i dont feel the bigger shaft is needed.

i could be wrong though, but if my research is correct then the next turbo should be even better, and if not i can combine the two turbos the create a 3rd version!

we will have to sort something out mate. gonna be a few weeks till it all comes together as there is alot of work involved in this one. also i need to create some pipeing like we did on yours so that may take a while as i need to try and make something up from the few bits and bobs a have lying around.

we will have to sort something out mate. gonna be a few weeks till it all comes together as there is alot of work involved in this one. also i need to create some pipeing like we did on yours so that may take a while as i need to try and make something up from the few bits and bobs a have lying around.

Good stuff. I have some of those bits of alloy piping, straight silicone and silicone reducer bend spare if you need them mate.

could possibly mate i will let you know. gonna be a case of fitting the turbo and then just freestyling from there, looks a really easy route, just straight with a slight bend. should be a peice of piss, much easier than yours was and we managed yours sound enough.

• 8 months later...

hey all, just an update to let you know that im still about and my car is still alive.

new turbo set up feels pretty nice but i still dont have it running its full boost yet. when i do i will get it on the dyno, if it doesnt do as i would hope then i will build another hybrid!

i realised just now ive not put pics up of the new set up fitted yet so i will get onto that soon.

keiran

Keirz...keirz........i think i have that lad on bakebook......name rings a bell....keirz.....

oh yes, now i remember.......GET YOUR SORRY HOLE BACK ON UKSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or else!!! yeah thats right, or else mister!!!!!

Phil.

• 2 months later...

no mate its a hybrid that i made that uses a diff compressor cover, its externally gated. no power figures yet

Photo090.jpg

heres the new bigger compressor cover, ive also internally polished it up so it will spin up nicely!

Photo091.jpg

the comp end

Photo097.jpg

shaft end, note the wastegate is welded up as i run it externally gated. lots of weld to make sure it dont leak!

Photo096.jpg

look at the size of the outlet compared to normal ct9

Photo101.jpg

and here next to ct9

Photo102.jpg

next to Td04

Photo094.jpg

no i doubt you will see any real gains from it but i did it anyway!

this turbo is kinda hard to figure out to be honest power wise. my old hybrid would spin the wheels all the time in the dry in 2nd when the boost kicked in. this one hardly ever does? down on power? or just a shift in the power range that puts the power down better? who knows.

also its been so long since i drove my car on the old setup, as ive been running this one at 8psi over the winter. so i find it hard to compare the two. sometimes i feel its not as good as the old one, but then theres time i feel its really quick. same again, could be down to the change in power delivery.

only time will tell

any one for a third one!? keirz spec 3 maybe

i gave it a quick coat of matt black vht but the weather over winter has made it have a bit of survace rust so gonna do it again soon. the zisco coating on my old mani burnt off in 1 minute hence me painting this one

the compressor wheel is simalar in size of the td04 and although the comprssor cover looks simailar size externally, internally it has a smaller area so wont give that td04 kinda power

thats the issue really, im struggling to get it to hold boost right. in second and 3rd i get 1bar pretty quick but as soon as it hits peak boost it drops right down to around 10psi. in 4th the problem is not so bad.

now it may be something as simple as a boost/exhaust leak, boost controller/ wastegate issue

(running straight off the wastegate it only only gets 8psi even though its a 1bar spring???) or it could be something more complexed like the compressor ar and turbine ar being mismatched and the shaft looses all momentum when the wastegate opens, or the comp wheel being choked by the a/r of the compressor cover causing it to slow and loose boost.

i need to fully strip it down and change all gaskets and check pipework but i just cant find the time!

i had a power run at a straight 10psi and got 179bhp. not bad as it was also overfueling. i can see it easily making an extra 20 bhp on added boost so hopefully it beats my last one

Pretty decent power at that boost anyway. Your issue sounds a little similar to the very first wicked ep hybrid, it surged really badly and he thought it was down to the compressor and turbine being mismatched.

Hope you get it sorted though, if not you will just have to make another revision!