Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

erm..........about 30 minutes mate. lol

i did a practise one where i took my time and planned things and it didnt look right. so did it rushed and not as clinical and it look much better. lets be honest camo isnt supposed to be neat and tidy!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks very much.

JAM RACING ECU REVIEW

right the jam ecu has been in a few days now. i turned my boost up to 1bar. on standard mani at the minute (bad i know but its only for a short while until the new mani goes on and i only use for short trips)

at first i can say i felt no improvement with the ecu on, i was a little disappointed but i knew it would take time for it to settle in and adjust to my set up. every time ive drove the car it has seemed to feel progressively quicker and much more agressive. feels like it pulls better through out the rev range.

just got back from dropping my girlfriend off and on the way home i decided to give my car a little blast. lets just say im a happy boy and i feel that once the mani, hybrid and exhaust is on it will be pretty sweet. so all in all im happy with the ecu, ive gotta get it rr to check that the ecu is fueling enough. my car seems much thirstier, its drinking fuel but never mind!

only problem that im finding is that the extra power has made my clutch problem much worse. so gotta get that sorted asap.

its still on the car mate at the minute. when i take it off i will let drop you a pm mate. i wont charge any thing silly for it. i had to pay bloody £55 for the one i brought. its yours for £30 just let me know.

Great work mate. Very individual, i like it.

Keirz, are you getting a whole new clutch? My clutch is very tempremental since the hybrid went in. Let us know what one you decide to go for mate.

Joe.

its still on the car mate at the minute. when i take it off i will let drop you a pm mate. i wont charge any thing silly for it. i had to pay bloody £55 for the one i brought. its yours for £30 just let me know.

sounds good to me fella! let us know when your ready.

@joe. im looking at the ocr309 clutch and flywheel or the cap clutch. both full clutch kits. just cant decide weather to go for the cheaper or the one thats popular but more expensive.

• 1 month later...

two more parts on the way.

neither are a clutch though. im so thick as i cant even run full boost untill i get a new clutch but i still keep putting it off and spending my money else where!

What can I say mate, I absolutely love this car! I have just bought a Silver Glanza and just cant wait to drive it (its in the bodyshop for 2 weeks for a full respray). ;)

Watching this project develop is an inspiration, top job! :o

I feel like a bit of a bastard copycat though, as i have just bought a set of gun-metal grids, admittedly as a result of seeing photos of your car! ;) I was gonna go for some gold ones to be different but a mint second hand set came up for a price I couldnt pass up.

About the Jam Ecu, how much did you pay for yours and would you consider it worth every penny you paid for it? I am tempted by one of these over an e-manage as I don't plan on running over 1bar of boost really. From what I gather, its made a fair bit of difference with only a few accompanying mods. What do you think?

Cheers and enjoy the car!

Alex

woop,keirz when you get your hybrid on there youl love it,spesh the manifold,will really open it up and it will pull real hard,i like your rocke cover,i tried to do the same in a period of 3 minutes and 21 seconds but failed...haha

will have to come see this when its all done

the hybrid and manis been on a couple of weeks cal, pulls hard and its only at 0.7bar. gotta sort the clutch before i can go to 1.1bar.

@pav. cheers mate, its nice to know my works being apreciated. the jam ecu was just under £500. i forget how much exactly! i would say its worth the money at the minute as its a sort term fix to run a 1bar boost saftly. its limitations may show when i turn the boost right up and get a power run as obviously with a mappable ecu it can be adjusted to get the best out of the set up whereas the JAM cant. only time will tell when its on the dyno. but for now it seems to be well worth the money.

first the keirz spec 1 turbo thats gone on.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa003-1.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa001-1.jpg

turbo and manifold fitted.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa006.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa007.jpg

my slag engine bay, its not built for show just performance. so looks pretty tatty.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa005.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa008.jpg

and then proof my jam ecu exists.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa009.jpg

pics off new parts will be up when they arrive and are fitted.

Edited by keirz
  • 2 weeks later...

really sorry vboi completely missed your question. im afraid my camo rocker cover got damaged when fitting the mani scratched and chiped off paint, so need to redo it. so for now im keeping the other rocker. sorry to go back on my word mate.

update time again.............

silkroad engine torque damper fitted, need to mod my front strut brace to make them both fit together

keirz008.jpg

keirz004.jpg

also i brought this exhaust system, but it turns out its been modified to fit a different down pipe to stock position. so gotta go try and get it sorted and putback to how it should be...........its a blitz nur spec

keirz005.jpg

keirz006.jpg

and here you can see where it has had the bend near the down pipe straightend.

keirz007.jpg

also i have an Ogura ORC309 ds clutch and lightend flywheel on the way. thats the rattle surpressed version so not got the noise thats sounds fucked!

here is the most up to date spec list

g reddy rear brace

zep racing c pillar bar

front brace

-30 springs

whiteline adjustable rear arb

whitline anti-lift / castor kit

15 " rota grids currently wrapped F1s

3g 20 groove disks

mintex 1144 pads

front and rear braided lines

cusco bmcs

hks actuator

zep racing decat

trd panal filter

ngk spark plugs

unknown bov

hdi fmic

oil catch tank

one off hybrid ct12b/ct20/ct9 made by myself

radiator cooling panal

zisco mild steel mani

trd 1.3 bar rad cap

silkroad engine torque damper

jam racing ecu

digital boost guage

g-tech performance meter

hks turbo timer

carbon fiber reverse scoop

ogura racing orc309ds clutch

ogura racing klightend flywheel

powerflex upgraded engine mounts

full blitz nur spec 2.5 exhaust system

and some pics from a recent show

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1297.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

Edited by keirz
looks good loving the slag engine bay B)

jap plates are awsome also :D where you get them from ??

The Jap Plates are mine, Keirz just stole them for the day. I got them from Tegiwa Imports, they have a shop on E-Bay :D:o