Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

have you got some braided lines with those discs mate? otherwise i'd say you probably wont feel alot of difference, as i did this on my n/a and was pretty dissapointed.

good updates tho.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have the dave burwash braided lines front and rear. dont get me wrong im not saying they feel bad, im not really a big braker anyway and i never really pushed the standard brakes so i cant really give a good comparison.

now the brakes are done, im moving on to the next phase which is suspension. ive got a bit of money saved for this but im not sure if i should buy it all now as i wont really benifit from it over the winter months what with bad weather.............so im thinking trd shortshifter, trd filter and maybe decat to keep me happy for a while.

nice update man, tho i aint keen on the cusco sticker on the splitter but thats just me, im a fussy git so ignore my ramblings!!

brake set up looks pretty damn impressive to me dude, the BMCS itself made a great difference for me. your winter month plans sound well smart too mate, im well happy with my shortshifter, they're a great piece of kit!

keep up the minted work Keirz bro!!!

Phil.

• 2 months later...

right things seem to be picking up pace on my glanza project, my trd panal filter and zep racing decat are on and the improvement is very noticable and i have no issues with creep or spike which is a bonus. my adjustable rear arb and service kit is in my bedroom ready to fit at some point. and anti-lift kit is in the post, and 4 eagle F1s are currntly being sorted so current spec list is..........

chassis / handling:

g reddy rear brace

zep racing c pillar bar

unknown front brace

performance springs ( not 100% on make maybe cobra?)

whiteline adjustable rear arb (still to fit)

whitline anti-lift / castor kit (still to fit)

15 " rota grids currently wrapped in fuldas but F1s on the way

Braking

3g 20 groove disks

mintex 1144 pads

front and rear braided lines

cusco bmcs

engine

hks actuator

zep racing decat

trd panal filter

ngk spark plugs

unknown bov

electronics

digital boost guage

g-tech performance meter

hks turbo timer

thats the list for now, but expect much more to come very soon as my next batch of parts are already in the process of being ordered. sorry for the update with lack of pics but i will get some soon. for now i will add these pics in here............

kd076.jpg

glanza1.jpg

kd084.jpg

kd070.jpg

kd060.jpg

kd079.jpg

kd077.jpg

keiran

thanks,

@ rob, i had to attend really because i know liam spent time arranging it. so plenty of pain killers and a scarf did the trick!

the service is being done by my cousin one day this week maybe and then its a case of finding a spare bit of time to borrow the ramps to fit the rear arb, or i might even wait till i have the coilovers then wack it all on at once as well as the anti lift.

• 3 weeks later...

heres the current state of my bedroom due to not having time to fit my parts. rear arb and anti lift.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-7.jpg

trd panal filter and zep decat are now on.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-6.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-5.jpg

as are my new rubber, eagle f1s all around........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-4.jpg

also ordered and fitted an air diversion plate, (decal wasnt on there, i added that)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-2.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-3.jpg

i also have a package im waiting on delivery. i will keep that secret for now until it arrives and i have fitted it, my project is picking up pace.

keiran

thanks, i think im gonna fit the arb on friday if the weather is decent. gonna try and do it on my drive on the jacks. i should be able to mark it up at ride height, jack it up to drill the holes. then lower and bolt together at ride height. look do-able this way so will give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

anti lift kit and anti roll bar are now fitted and i have got to say they seem to be worth the money and have improved the handaling a fair amount.

also my secret package arrived and i wasted no time in fitting it...............

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

im very suprised at the minamal lag, bumper is still not on as trimming it was a bit of a pain in the arse, plus my dremal exploded! so gotta run with no bumper for a while until i get time to sort it.

class mate, didnt even have to move the airbox at all.

all that is required is a bit of cutting of the slash guards and the bumper, which is a bit of a pain in the arse on the bumper but the kit is very good.

also there is pretty much no lag at all, a little bit of a pressure drop in boost but that can be just acounted for with a couple of extra turns on the hks actuator.

all in all a good bit of kit and i will get more pics when the bumper manages to fit back on.