Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

thanks,

the rocker has been done in metalic gun metal grey. i think im gonna do in army camo at some point though. i will try and get some bateries for my camara. the amber lenses are 100% staying. im also doing the fogs amber and converting them to running lights. just not got around to it this weekend.

my car has developed a strange problem. think that its clutch related so i think im gonna go for an orc309 clutch kit. thats when i can diagnose if its definatly clutch. revs fly up between 3000 and 4500 very quickly then settle after, its like the clutch has been dipped. its some thing i was gonna upgrade anyway at some point, gonna get an lsd too.

i can see debt coming on.............

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be great having a brother who helps you with car stuff :p

Can't ask any of my family to help, they all hate me doing anything car related lol :p

(kind of fallen out wth the rents over the Levin situation)

MJ those shorts are cool, proper surfer dude style. ;)

Wasn't dissing amigo, tis the kind of shorts I'd be seen wearing :p

i usually do most of the work. we are a tag team, but my bro is good with paint so i leave that to him (its not liam by the way its my other bro) im out doing stuff to my car every weekend without fail. im obsessed.

thanks people, i hope all my plans come together too.

bad news= brake upgrade is on hold for a while. bummer was looking forward to them.

instead im ordering the clutch and lightened flywheel. im gambling on this being the problem so i may as well get it ordered. cuz its giving me a head ache worrying about it!

• 4 weeks later...

had a good bath today after weeks of neglect. mainly due to the fact ive been on two piss up weekends in a row. but this weekend i shown some love and took pics to prove it enjoy..............

glanza5edited.jpg

glanza6edited.jpg

glanza4edited.jpg

glanza7edited.jpg

glanza3edited.jpg

glanza2edited.jpg

and my personal fav............

glanza1edited.jpg

first time ive took some decent pics but i was lacking a good location, so this is the best i could do.

brake upgrade is now in the post too.

let me know what you think.

keiran.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thanks

ive gone for 3g 20 grooves, mintex pads, braided lines and cusco bmcs. seems to make a nice improvement already and there not even broke in yet. im looking forward to giving them a proper test soon!

same pads as you mate too 1144. i think running standard power like i am they exceed what i need thats why i went for this setup over a big brake kit.

i fitted it all last sat but havnt really drove my car since. they feel good to me so far once they walm up a little that is. they look cool too which is a bonus!!!

Well I don't use my brakes hard at all but the pedal still has a lot of dead travel before they bite which I don't like.

When they bite it is good though, I gave them a bit of abuse to test them and they did seem to fade quite easily which was a bit dissapointing.

You don't happen to want some blue caliper paint to make them look even nicer?! :p:p

its funny you should mention this i have heard reports of the 1144 pads being quite hard to keep up to temp during normal driving conditions especailly on such a small car!! keep us up to date please as i was looking at using these pads too!!

• 2 weeks later...

pics of new brakes

kd034.jpg

kd029.jpg

and a couple more random ones.......

kd044.jpg

kd032.jpg

kd042.jpg

over all im not greatly impressed with the brakes but there not too bad i guess, still not really pushed them hard yet so i can give a real feedback yet.

coilovers next, maybe for x mas!