Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decided to tidy up my intake side of things, so swaped my home made filter relocation for a monster motorsport one. thanks to mike @ monster motorsport, always a pleasure doing buisness with him. and also got rid of my old filter for a much nicer one

Photo021.jpg

Photo020.jpg

apexi chrome edition. will get pictures when its fitted tommorow.

kinda slow at the minute on mods, trying to save for a house so limiting my spending whilst trying to get the project finished. really happy with the car at the minute though.

new hybrid has finished the planning stage, i know exactly what parts i will be using, its pretty extreme, only problem is that i feel that the turbo is going to put out more power than a stock engine will like. so not sure whether to go ahead with the build, as it may ultimately kill the engine.

thanks lads, put the filter on today and the diference is unbeleivable. the old filter must have been really strangling my turbo, tbh it was 5 years old, manky as fuck and a cheapo one!, i honestly cant beleive the difference from only a better filter. will see if there is any extra bhp on the 14th when its back on the rollers. if not any power definatly a drop in spool up time.

yeah mike is a good lad and only lives 15 minutes from me so it makes doing buisness much easier. and yeah they are usually black, but the seller i got it off had two limited edition chrome ones so i thought for an extra few £££ i would get this one.

also recieved and fitted my "carbon" dial surround thanks to idrees, top job mate much appreciated, will get pics when its light, looks lush.

Photo025.jpg

Photo028.jpg

Photo031.jpg

sorry for the crap pics my brother still has my fecking camara!

mike its a plan that we could well consider, i really have no idea if its gonna work as with such a big compressor the boost could be hard to control, could possibly need to be externaly gated. but i may just try it and see what happens!

the relocation kit i got from mike, but without the filter he supplies. you will have to pm him for a price on that as i think the price i got may have been at mates rates if you get my drift! i have a stainless bend spare that when combined with a stock tmic silicone bend makes a perfect relocation kit. may put it up in the for sale section.

the apexi was £65 and that included the adapter kit which is usually around £15. its more than i wanted to pay for a filter but i feel it was worth it.

• 1 month later...

a bit of new suspension action, RSR springs and kyb sr specials, they are second hand but the price ive paid for them they are worth a go and they seem to be in good condition. i know they ran well on the car they came off.

002.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

also fitted the tc short shifter, not a bad bit of kit really. worth the money, fitting was a bit of a bitch but nothing major. no pictures as it doesnt look any different!

cheers, im looking forward to getting these on now and seeing if there is much improvement over my cobra springs and stock shocks. i would have thought a big difference but time will tell.

where did you get the shocks from idress? were they second hand too?

Yes mate second hand. They came off my bros car because he took the Konis off the breaker we have. He originally bought the two rears from a breaker in Bradford and the front two came off a breaker my cousin had!

ah cool. i got what you see above for what i feel is silly cheap so if they are as good as what people say they are i will be a happy boy!

just realised ive not put my dyno pictures in my thread so here they are

dd001-1.jpg

dd005-1.jpg

dd003-1.jpg

need to get back on the dyno for another run now ive got the better intake and turned the boost up a little