Hey just wondering what bodgy, dodgy stuff you've found on your car when you have bought it :) I've had cars with the fans on wrong way round, thermostats in deliberately wrong so It cooks your engine, sealant in instrument cluster to make you not see there's eml and air bag lights on.. Share what you've seen :)

Just remembered something else, a previous owner has cut lots of metal away from the front near the chassis legs so a large front mount with really short pipework can be fitted...

And a pic of how the box mount looked when i bought it lol.

20121105_123327-1.jpg

Josh should be ashamed then haha.

These motors are that old and have be owned by so many people, you never really know how theyve been treated or whats been done to them.

I dont really mind with mine, bought it for cheap, stripped it down to its balls and now building it back up to how i want it and i'll know exactly whats been done.

I bought a Nova van once and the wishbone had snapped/sheared. Someone had then drilled a hole trough each side of the snap and bolted a plate across it ......

The repair must of cost more than the £13 I paid for the new wishbone !!!!

No castle washers around the nut holding the rear bearings on, fucked both my rear wheel bearings an my wheel nearly fell off, dust seals on rear calipers split because some fuckwit couldn't afford the tool to wind it back, erm shock to hub bolts loose, running 1.3bar boost on standard internals and standard ecu with no FPR ( yes I have removed fcd and adjusted actuator back to 0.8) cracked manifold, thermostat stuck open, rear shock were fucked, wheels buckled... Yea I brought a pig... But she's a babe now :)

Just the f*#king wiring!!! Jesus I've never seen so much... Why do the japs feel the need to wire everything through eachother!?

You should see the fun I had trying to wire up the indigo dials!!

Only live we could find for the sidelights was on a button that used to be for a sub lol:/

Tards

In my old work which was to be fair quite an honest garage. The owner had a bad habbit of trying to save customers money by fixing things with a bodge he was in love with liquid metal haha.

I seen an old e class merc with an MDF cover underneath as it was rotten out and wanted an MOT.

We had a car that had a broken clutch fork so in his infinite wisdom decided that cutting a spanner and welding it in there instead of ordering a new part would be a good idea ...... it wasn't.

Ive seen people repair old body work with paper mashe!

My mates mk2 golf had this done to his rear arches then filled and sprayed over. He wasnt very impressed when he found out :lol:

Yes mate. It was extremely common in the early 90's i was told. But to realise with your own eyes is quite something.

my glanza had a piece of string holding the fuel pump on :lol: the connections were also dead close, if either one had moved, touched each other and caused a spark, well.......................................you can imagine what would happen :o:o

Also once had a rover with only one engine mount bolt in! and even that was only screwed in on half the thread so would only been a matter of time until it came lose and the engine drop out as I was driving but luckily we caught it just in time :)