Corolla manifold damage?

Wandering if anyone has experienced any engine damage after upgrading to corolla inlet manifold on our n/a engines surely on standard injectors it'll knock the air fuel ratio out and run lean? Wandering if any damage has ever been done or other things that could go wrong?

You are way too cautious haha

4efe's are bombproof :p

Haha thanks for the heads up buddy toyota and japanese cars in general have been in my family for years now and i can say that everyone is right they are great bullet proof motors yes just causing a few concerns since i upgraded the manifold ill pm you.

Matt I had the rolla mani and lots of other bits in my n/a and I drove it hard everywhere for 58,000 miles and it was still running perfectly when I took it out.

Edited by rob_bower

Plus youve just used a manifold from another 4efe so not much difference. Keep the standard airbox and pipework though.

Thanks for this buddy :) air box with after market panel filter maybe what's your thoughts on this?

Thanks for this buddy :) air box with after market panel filter maybe what's your thoughts on this?

Yes. If you want you can cut away the inch or so inside the airbox where the airfeed comes in.

Matt I had the rolla mani and lots of other bits in my n/a and I drove it hard everywhere for 58,000 miles and it was still running perfectly when I took it out.

Aye same here, put god knows how many miles with it on and didn't have a problem. Great engines :D

Dont drill holes in it, thats for old novas or minis not modern cars. You can however cut away the wee lip just above where the air comes into the box. Its the only flat part youll see inside the box

Your Corolla mani is still alive Ryan! Matts has it now

Aha oh really? I didn't know! It's weird how things make there way around!

Dont drill holes in it, thats for old novas or minis not modern cars. You can however cut away the wee lip just above where the air comes into the box. Its the only flat part youll see inside the box

Is this beneficial in any way? Just wandering