Contemplating a change...

Right, I'm thinking of selling my glanza and the proton and buying a derve daily and something different for the weekend...

So far and yet to drive on the shortlist I have:

A Mazda 323 GTR

A Pulsar GTI (but the bonnet scoop and chocolate box put me off)

An ST205 Celica GT4

Importing an Autech S15 (I like the idea of a rwd 200bhp NA)

Possibly an RX7 but the wankel and fuel put me off

Preferably I'd want something different (no scoobs/evos) pretty damn quick but more importantly grippy enough for B road hooning.

I've had BMWs, Altezzas (much preferred to the Beemer!), integra DC2s etc

This time I'd like either 4 or rwd.

Any ideas on what I could have missed?

The weight/price of the supra puts me off tbh! Always wanted one but I think the pure size of the thing would get on my tits after a while, I'm a bigger fan of back road hooning than motorway blasting :-P

Skylines are expensiveeee for a decent one, and expensive to keep on the road by all accounts! Lol

If you want something that is great fun, a good investment and in my opinion is in the top 5 of best sounding motors i know, get a nukka nukka ;) ( toyota corolla gt coupe ) ae86. I love those cars!!!!!! Tbh they have a hefty price tag atm too, most have all had thousands spent on them getting restored! Still an awesome car!

Some decent skylines can be picked up quite cheap. The GTRs are quite dear though.

R32 RB20DET

R33/4 RB25DET

Or get a FC RX7, always wanted one. Much cooler than FD.

Or a Z32 ??

Any late '80 -'90s JAP Really haha.

I've had a supra and it didn't hold the road for shit! Awesome looking car though and i would love another one :) I've also had a GT4 (st205) which was an animal and obviously held the road really well. Saying all that, if you can afford a TT 6 speed supra then go for it :thumbsup:

or buy the mazda 323 gtr old school cool 8)

Pulsars are great cars when you get past the issues they have. Good friend of mine has one but its always broken :(

Love S15s and ST205 GT4s too. Also what about MR2 Turbos??

Need to work out exactly what you want, FWD/RWD/4WD Turbo or N/a then go from there.

Of the cars you've lsited I'd go for the 205, but then im a little bit biased on that one! Fairly easy to tune, nifty handling for those b-roads,a half decent cruiser as well suprisingly (minus the MPG!) and what swayed it for me was you don't actually see many around.

Whack a EBC on there, along with decent tyres and a ARB for the back end and you'd be sorted!

from your list id say 205 too...

the mazda is rare but what about parts support etc?...+ it just looks like a ep82 on steroids

you need deep pockets to own a pulsar long term...as with the rx7

N/A s-body...you`ll regret it

I've been swinging towards an ST205 myself tbh. That or the Mazda GTR! (Size weight and tweak ability appeal massively!)

The skyline non GTRs are off the list mainly because IMO you may aswell buy an S body with an RB20DET. GTRs mainly down to price and running costs.

S15 Autech has had some cracking reviews! And even after import costs etc I'm pretty certain I could get one in and road legal for sub £6k, uk importers mark them up massively when they arrive simply due to the fact that there aren't many of them over here.

Parts for the mazda GTR are easier to get hold of than I initially thought, an exhaust, boost controller and decat can see them on their way to a reliable 300bhp :-) and they weigh as much as a sock.

AE86s are off the list, I already have a mentally clean 1985 Civic GT (1 of 3 left on the road) as my investment beast and another classic might bankrupt me lol

Ideally as stated I'd prefer a RWD/4WD, turbo or NA, I've converted NA cars to some boosted loving before so even if I did get bored I could always slap a turbo on the bugger.

Cheers for the advice so far guys! Loving the 1st hand experience too!

EDIT: I like to push a car a bit around the corners, an MR2 would more than likely leave me backwards in a ditch lol

Edited by Addymk2

S2000 dont giv a fuk what anyone says they're quality.

Drove a friends S2000 a few weeks back, really nice car, cracking engine, but the back end doesn't half let go with a boom! I thought my Altezza was twitchy how I had my coilovers set up but my god that thing let go in a hurry lol

I had a rare grey mazda familia gtr.... What a f*****ckinnnnnn car that was until it got stolen!

One of the best cars out there if that's if you can get a proper gtr familia ;)

I had a rare grey mazda familia gtr.... What a f*****ckinnnnnn car that was until it got stolen!

One of the best cars out there if that's if you can get a proper gtr familia ;)

I'm willing to wait and I have my sources for rare lil beasts lol seriously been tempted by one!

I'm willing to wait and I have my sources for rare lil beasts lol seriously been tempted by one!

What colour? Try getting a metallic grey one?

This car was better than my scooby, evo and Glanza dare not say it...

Handling and performance with no nonsense front end looks !

Edited by Ep'd

What colour? Try getting a metallic grey one?

This car was better than my scooby, evo and Glanza date not say it...

Handling and performance with no nonsense front end looks !

Now that is some serious praise! Might have to properly hunt one down.