• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers trisk! And Dan what's have you taken out of your coilies? because I don't want to be messing with the internals as I'd prefer it to handle like it does now but lower and yeah the threaded body of the strut goes down and touches the CV boot :/ not sure if I could chop thread off though because I think its got the internals behind. Ideally need an internal view of them. And wheels do need painted and spaced which will probably happen next month. Although I'm looking into adapters at the moment to try and run vitara Fatboy wheels haha, mate of mine makes adapters at his work for the local dub lads so were gonna see what we can do. I fancy some mad 15x10 3 spokes off a Fatboy but the offset is insane! (-30)

Cheers Josh, got lows sorted for yours yet? Can't wait to see yours either mate!

Yeah Lew, needs spaced badly. Gonna try wider wheels as mentioned above :)

Helpers and one of the locking rings, made mine go quite a bit lower, that's true I didn't think of the internals.

Running them deck low will shorten the life of the coilovers mind, my teins are ruined now!

Well after a very long weekend doing Japfest and Fastlane show and over 700 miles in 2 days im well and truly knackered! (could have done with today off work to catch up on sleep haha) got a few pics to upload but heres one my mate snapped yesterday of FuFu on the Carlisle Performance and Modified club stand :)

p4pb10940355.jpg

he's photoshopped the wheels spaced out and its definately next on the list of things to do!!

Sam.

Well after a very long weekend doing Japfest and Fastlane show and over 700 miles in 2 days im well and truly knackered! (could have done with today off work to catch up on sleep haha) got a few pics to upload but heres one my mate snapped yesterday of FuFu on the Carlisle Performance and Modified club stand :)

p4pb10940355.jpg

he's photoshopped the wheels spaced out and its definately next on the list of things to do!!

Sam.

That looks amazing.

I wondered who's this was as I've seen it twice now and I know you have seen me as I spied you looking around my car at the secta cruise at hexham. ;)

thats yours? yeah me and my mates were having a cheeky snoop round it ;) haha. i was perving on your front wings because they another thing on my list to do. nice car mate! :)

That looks amazing.

thanks man :)

thats yours? yeah me and my mates were having a cheeky snoop round it ;) haha. i was perving on your front wings because they another thing on my list to do. nice car mate! :)

thanks man :)

Yup.

Yeah the wings were quite a pain in the arse to get done and fit right.

Their not 100% perfect like the way I would like them, but they will do.

And thanks.

I'm surprised you went to fast lane as well with you being at japfest the day before.

I went to fast lane as well, was a good day.

Yup.

Yeah the wings were quite a pain in the arse to get done and fit right.

Their not 100% perfect like the way I would like them, but they will do.

And thanks.

I'm surprised you went to fast lane as well with you being at japfest the day before.

I went to fast lane as well, was a good day.

tired was not the word, was up for 36 hours (1 hour sleep on friday night at the services) and then 5 hours sleep on saturday night then out all day!

were ya there in the glanza? shoulda came over and said Hi mate :)

tired was not the word, was up for 36 hours (1 hour sleep on friday night at the services) and then 5 hours sleep on saturday night then out all day!

were ya there in the glanza? shoulda came over and said Hi mate :)

I was but not on a show stand.

When I past your starlet no one was next to it to say hi otherwise I would have.

I love this! On looking at it at Japfest theres a few small things I'd do..

Zep Spoiler

Eyebrows of some form... Maybe custom jobbies?

Door frames black (like the Glanza)

Keep up this epic work man. Who would've thought this little pink thing could pull it off so well!? Pulls it off far better than I can imagine in any other colour!

• 4 weeks later...

right lads! need a bit of help...

decided I dislike my bolt on wings so soon as i source new front wings and front bumper they will be coming off. Ive finally realised my wheels are way to wide because even with 3 inches missing front the front arches, the coilovers set at their hardest and the springs wound as tight as possible it still catches. its just ruined all drivabilty :(

looking to keep the front splitter, get feed style side skirts and livesports rear wing after i get my holiday out the way in august. but in the mean time i want the arches off and some narrower wheels (or ones with a different offset.,) so i'm after your suggestions!

currently running 15x8j et0 with stretched 195/45s. was looking at maybe 15x7 et25/30? to 100% eliminate the tyres scraping or 15x7.5 and et40ish. still want to run 195s as i think they are ideal for the starlet chassis and still want 15s.

what width offset would you reccommend? also what wheels? after something show worthy but not a common style. budget of £200 - £500

my arches will be rolled as far as possible to accomodate the wheels so bear that in mind, this also means the bullet steels are up for SALE!! tyres included - PM for info, will also consider SWAPS

cheers, Sam :)

Try turning the coilovers down. When I had 16x8 et10 I turned my coilovers to their tightest and it was horrible to drive so I turned them back a couple of turns and it sorted it out.

Try turning the coilovers down. When I had 16x8 et10 I turned my coilovers to their tightest and it was horrible to drive so I turned them back a couple of turns and it sorted it out.

the main problem i have is the wheels offset means they dig in to my arches in any form of 'enthusiastic' cornering, i dont mind a hard ride but hate the fact my wheels are fucking the body work.

Looked so much better without arches IMO :)

i know mate, wish i hadnt done it now! haha, just wanted to see how they looked and since nobody had done it before i thought i'd pioneer it and i have come to the conclusion 'DONT DO IT, EVER.'

anyone know of front bumper and front wings for sale in 3m0 pink? maybe at your local scrappy or whatever? im in need! failing that either black or red. need to be in good condition and not much money.

sam.