Got a section 59 yesterday, just wondering...

Hi guys,

Basically I over took a car which was undercover police on a 60 road, then got to the next bit of road which was also 60 and over took another 2 cars. As I pulled into my drive, they then pulled up and got me in there car.

They were in a corsa, and that's how I never noticed them when I over took them.

They seen me over take the next 2 cars on the next bit of road and said it was stupid driven etc..

I'm just wondering where I stand basically if I was to maybes go against it.

And also them not given me any paper work, should they have?

They had no video evidence, they weren't traffic cops by the way.

Just there word against mine basically.

But I guess 2 cops against me probably wouldn't go in my favour.

And looks like I'm gonna have to sell the glanza now with this over my head, as its to risky for it getting taking off my hands and crushed.

I'm not saying I drive like a dick because I don't, I just don't want the temptation like I had yesterday to put my foot down.

Dont worry mate, its just a scare tactic. I got a section 59 for wheelspinning in the wet before. You need like 3 or 4 against the car before they actually do anything. Think they only last a year as well.

Dont worry mate, its just a scare tactic. I got a section 59 for wheelspinning in the wet before. You need like 3 or 4 against the car before they actually do anything. Think they only last a year as well.

They said if I do anything in a year, they will crush my car and make sure I go to court, and they will stand up and mention yesterday.

They just trying to scare me do you think?

And do you really need 3-4?

depends were you speeding ? as long as your not wheel skidding and overtaking on stupid corners and stuff like what you see on road wars then they cant do anything because technically theres no law saying you cant get to speed limit quickest time possible as long its not ragging it like a nutter on public roads but if you were doing 60 and over took safely there is nothing they can do , you can try go against because they'll need proof which they dont have and eventually after a lot of ball ache it will get dropped but at the same time law says the officer has power to give you it at road side but if you appeal which they dont think you will then you can actually get rid of it quicker than when it runs out

Edit : you need 3 and they'll take it away from as long as you've been driving more than 2 years

They said if I do anything in a year, they will crush my car and make sure I go to court, and they will stand up and mention yesterday.

Its just bullshit mate, when it happend to me the officer said "you got lucky this time because I don't have the paperwork on me".

Don't go thinking you need to sell the car bud.

I think they were trying to scare you. Sound like a pair of assholes! You got no paperwork, and if your car is tax, insured and MOT'd they got no leg to stand on (for crushing anyway).

If you genuinely got a section 59, they would have had to of written you a ticket (they threatened me with it before and didn't give me a ticket, so I questioned it at a later date and didn't have one)

I wouldn't worry too much :)

Its just bullshit mate, when it happend to me the officer said "you got lucky this time because I don't have the paperwork on me".

Don't go thinking you need to sell the car bud.

Ok mate, cheers for the response.

Honestly it ruined my night last night and I haven't even been to sleep yet due to it.

I know it sounds daft, me not going to sleep over something like this.

Just my car means a lot to me and I'm not in a position to buy something straight away if it was to be taken off me.

So it had me worried like. :fool:

Couple of my mates have had them and never changed there driving style, you should get a letter through the post about it if they did actually give you one.

Section 59's are also for use in towns and areas of anti social behaviour not on the open road as its something like a (public order offence) if you were over taking dangerously it would be a traffic offence of sorts and they would nick you for that. So its probably scare tactics.

Wait a week or 2 n see if you get anything through the post, if you are still concerned go to your local police station and ask if theres any offences being held against your car if you are that worried.

I think they were trying to scare you. Sound like a pair of assholes! You got no paperwork, and if your car is tax, insured and MOT'd they got no leg to stand on (for crushing anyway). If you genuinely got a section 59, they would have had to of written you a ticket (they threatened me with it before and didn't give me a ticket, so I questioned it at a later date and didn't have one) I wouldn't worry too much :)

Ok, thanks man. :)

Couple of my mates have had them and never changed there driving style, you should get a letter through the post about it if they did actually give you one.

Section 59's are also for use in towns and areas of anti social behaviour not on the open road as its something like a (public order offence) if you were over taking dangerously it would be a traffic offence of sorts and they would nick you for that. So its probably scare tactics.

Wait a week or 2 n see if you get anything through the post, if you are still concerned go to your local police station and ask if theres any offences being held against your car if you are that worried.

Ok mate will do.

I had my old black starlet seaised twice lol it's a right pain in the ass. They send the paper work in the post. If you get more than one within a year they take the car. A pcso was just out to get me for a while and I got 3 withing a year lol then I was getting pulled for driving too slow and asking what I was doing driving slow haha

Scare Tactic...

They cant just randomly crush your car when they want too. Thats complete lies...

You have to get several s59's before it becomes an issue...

You SHOULD get paperwork for it (the amount of times ive been given a s59, but they actually havent... They just say it....

It goes on the car and the driver...

I would go against it mate... Overtaking isnt illegal?

Forget it I wouldn't go against it cops always seem to win, they have things in place to fuck you up worse if you go against things, like being charged with something if you go guilty it considerably drops your sentence, stand up for yourself youll be charged with all separate offences they can find and have no light sentancing.

Think about how you drive, and forget it, i make a lot of road users angry because I drive under the limits. I don't seem to get any trouble. Back in the day l have earned myself a number of these for silly things all usually boosting to try and diagnose faults or set things up or trying mates cars lol. They've never taken any action against me, I've not had once for years now mind you.

I seriously got fucked over then! They must have just been out to get me got 3 within about 2 months and had the car impounded twice and had to pay 120 or some thing to get it out each time. 2 of them were for pulling away too fast and the other one really pissed me off!

Pulled away in a gravel car park. The wheels crunched the gravel as I was pulling off. They said I wheel spun out the car park which I didn't as it would have fucked the paint work.

But don't worry about it just wrong place wrong time. I was only 18 at the time and was just flat out where ever I could be with reason :) And they were just out to get me

i got a section 59 against my old nova for, and this is what the cop said "driving like a knob!!" i got a little bit of paper or summit and that was it. i didnt change the way i drove, and was always gettn pulled over, but no other action was taken.