Time Attack/Circuit Car Build - **Forged engine installed!**

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Morgey it sure is! hahahaha :p

Actually my tuner fabricated this as a solid throttle pedal pivot mount.

Because starlets (and all import vehicles) here need to be converted as required by law from RHD to LHD. These conversions are done in mass quantities by the local transportation department sometimes you get shitty conversions. In my case the throttle always felt like it was either on or off because of the shitty conversion. Small issue but it costs us a ton of time when racing. Turns out the current pivot mount is shit and flexes when you try to feather or do quick stabs at the gas pedal. So this is the solution my tuner came up with. We'll need to test it but I'm confident it will work. 8)

Edited by mindless

Another small update. In preparation for this weekend's competition we're getting a rear sway bar I found at the breakers retrofitted into my EP. :)

467233_10151944967033332_20810137_o.jpg

Edited by mindless

This race weekend has been one of the best we've had!

I was able to significantly improve my time in Clark International Speedway's long course. From running in Bracket F last year (2m 48.019s), I'm now running in Bracket D (2m 33.992s). That is a whopping **14 seconds** difference. Although not enough to place in the new faster bracket, I'm very happy with the improvement.

Highlight of the weekend though was my brother going on to bag 1st place in Grid C **FROM 13th ON THE GRID**.

976543_10151661994964534_57183547_o.jpg

Great team, great car. Overall an awesome race. I'll post full videos of the grid race and my best time attack session but for now check this out from my afternoon lap session:

Edited by mindless

@shorty thanks a lot man! :)

Videos are up!

This is my brother's grid race where he claws his way from 13th on the starting grid to 3rd and takes podium at 1st place! (top 2 cars broke out of the allowed fastest time for the class and incurred heavy time penalties):

My time attack session:

Broke out from last year's bracket F time of 2m 48.019s to get 2m 33.992s placing me in bracket D.

Are those vents in the bumper for the brakes Marco?

I've removed my fogs because I prefer the look without them, would be nice to utilise the space somehow for ducting to brakes

Cool, I don't suppose you have any pictures of the plates and the route of the hosing? Not really good at DIY myself but if there's some sort of guide I can follow I should be okay :p

@Amjad It's pretty simple actually the plates have short reducer tubes welded on to it - just long enough to clamp the flexible hose on and then just route the hose around the wheel well and fasten it with cable ties so that its pointed towards the brake caliper and disc :)

But I'll see if I can take pictures the next time we take it apart for maintenance ;)

@chrisgreen1993 yep it is. I was hoping to improve my time but I wasn't expecting a 15 second jump. The last bit of suspension work did the trick I think especially the retrofitted rear sway bar. The car just rotates smoothly when you get off the power and then just slam on the throttle to exit the corner. :) Pleasantly surprised that I could keep up with a GT3 RS in the corners (the straights are a different story of course ;) )

@Amjad will do mate I'll see what I can do to help you out bro :)

@turbo Grant thanks, it has come a long way and still has a long way to go. :) You should track your car these babies were meant to flogged on the track!