1000cc+ bike oil coolers possibilities

well as we all know starbos are 1.3

but suzuki, honda cbr etc bikes are 800/ 1000cc plus,

well my thinking is could we use a stock bike oil cooler for everyday use on a gt/glanza as mocal etc oil coolers are designed for more track day use rather than daily

just a thought ????

something simular to this it was taken from a suzuki GSXR 750

KGrHqFqMFGBW3-LMBRjP0gg60_12_zps8d691b86

Edited by russ78

you shouldn't run a oil cooler on the road without a temperature valve on it. [sorry dont know the technical name] reason being if you constantly cool the oil it'll run too cold and your oil wont get to its correct running temp. can actually cause more damage than good.

just a quick question, why do you actually want to run one if its not for track use?

you shouldn't run a oil cooler on the road without a temperature valve on it. [sorry dont know the technical name] reason being if you constantly cool the oil it'll run too cold and your oil wont get to its correct running temp. can actually cause more damage than good.

just a quick question, why do you actually want to run one if its not for track use?

I will be running a fully forged TD05 16G at about 1.5bar 300BHP+ in the next couple of weeks so just platying it safe really buddy 8)

I will be running a fully forged TD05 16G at about 1.5bar 300BHP+ in the next couple of weeks so just platying it safe really buddy 8)

Should work fine. Here is something to think about. guys over on TGTT, are running 4a-fe oil coolers.

I would personally run a temp sensor first and see what it gets too. If the oil temp doesn't get to 115 degree's it would be a waste really, and I doubt you'll ever get to that kinda figure unless you were tracking the car where the throttle is constantly on and off. Feathering the throttle round town and a quick blip here and there will not cause you any trouble.

You can buy oil cooler or transmission coolers in lots of sizes so just get a small one ie 10row and definitely get a thermostat, inline stats seem to be better though, with a thermostatic sandwich plate my oil still takes ages to heat up and needs provoking to run at a proper temperature. I've not even got the cooler connected now.