This forum would have had a harder time starting up if the content/members/traders/history werent copied from uksc, uksc would still be alive, free of errors and would still have a very active board if the admin of ukso did things properly and created a new board. I dont want to open up a can of worms again as u all know by now how i feel on the subject. most dont know what hapened and the rest just dont care, when it is running again there wont be any database errors as there wont be anyone fucking about with the back end. Ukso has done well in the short time its been running and theres no taking that away but it wouldnt be half of what it is without uksc

are we really here again.

yes you are partly right here, yes it would have potentially had a harder time starting up i think we would all freely admit that.

uksc would not be error free it was erroring BEFORE socks cam on baord way before.

we know what happened you dont we were there in the mod rooms you were not

There wont be data bases errors once it back up no as there wont be half the traffic there used to be but if it ever does get back to where it was they will start again as the forum software is years out of date as geo wont pay for the newer licences.

if were going to tell the story lets get the facts out there.

Edited by rob_bower

Bored of this could of said the comments that were gonna appear on here as we have all read them so many times the same views from the same people good and bad

Question one . Do you enjoy using the site

Question two . Do u get friendly general banter and help when in need ?

If yes to those two questions then get in with it end of :)

Well yes mate thats my opinion, a lot of people dont know anything about what happened, its gets brushed under the carpet anytime ots mentioned:))

It might have been having errors but that could have been fixed and having errors on a website doesnt gove anyone the right to STEAL the content.

I moght not have been in the mod room but i was showed a lot of what was said and done remember geo and greame were in it so i o know what was hapening

It will run again but it will never be as succesfull as it was because ukso has ripped everything off. There are people who use this site thinking it is still uksc under a new name, some people that dont know the content, usernames and personal info was obtained illegaly and copied illegaly.

Im sorry rob but there are parts of the story you or any of the others dont know. Im not trying to cause another argument here, i have an opinion on a topic that was posted on a public forum if u have a different opinion then blonde pigeons! Im not going to fall out with u. It just annoys me when people try to say it was for the greater good and all that bollocks, the admin didnt like the way geo ran HIS forum so they stole it from under hos nose and destroyed what he had built. Now thats facts!

Bored of this could of said the comments that were gonna appear on here as we have all read them so many times the same views from the same people good and bad

Question one . Do you enjoy using the site

Question two . Do u get friendly general banter and help when in need ?

If yes to those two questions then get in with it end of :)

I do understand what u are saying. I do enjoy using the site and but thats only because its essentially uksc under a different name. Geo is also a mate of mine and where i come from you stand by your mates!

Well yes mate thats my opinion, a lot of people dont know anything about what happened, its gets brushed under the carpet anytime ots mentioned:)) It might have been having errors but that could have been fixed and having errors on a website doesnt gove anyone the right to STEAL the content. I moght not have been in the mod room but i was showed a lot of what was said and done remember geo and greame were in it so i o know what was hapening It will run again but it will never be as succesfull as it was because ukso has ripped everything off. There are people who use this site thinking it is still uksc under a new name, some people that dont know the content, usernames and personal info was obtained illegaly and copied illegaly. Im sorry rob but there are parts of the story you or any of the others dont know. Im not trying to cause another argument here, i have an opinion on a topic that was posted on a public forum if u have a different opinion then blonde pigeons! Im not going to fall out with u. It just annoys me when people try to say it was for the greater good and all that bollocks, the admin didnt like the way geo ran HIS forum so they stole it from under hos nose and destroyed what he had built. Now thats facts!

Im not seeing where its brushed under the carpet charlie we talk about it everytime it gets brought up people just dont like hearing the truth.

The errors were fixed by socks who spent several days of his life rescuing the database because geo couldnt he didnt know how to thats whay the forum was down for a month. because he didnt know how to fix it.

Nothing was obtained illegally geo gave matt full access to move/copy the database to enable him to fix and move the database to the new server one that geo picked. illegal? No, missplacement of trust? maybe. We wouldnt be having this converstion if it had been Illegal.

im not falling out either we have both helped each other in the past.

Geo didnt build uksc on his own he started it and did a hell of alot in the begining no one is denying that, he played a massive part in its downfall too, but the members made it what it was at its best with the help and guidance of many a moderator. UKSC had lots of potetial to be everything UKSO has become and more just as we will grow.

I'd love to know what parts of the story i dont know, feel free to enlighten me (via pm if you preffer) and I was part of the admin that dissagreed i was also part of the group that spoke to most all bar 1 of the moderators who all agreed to do what we did. i was also part of the group that spoke to every trader apart from 2 who also agreed the route we should take, i was also part of the group that spoke to many members (not all thats an unrealistic task with 5 thou odd members) and not one of those admin moderators members or traders dissagreed.

Geo took the show fund money to pay his rent thats fact.

Geo banned members who posted items to him that didnt arrived because he gave them the wrong address is also fact

Geo locked himself out of the admin panel yet blamed socks also fact.

I do understand what u are saying. I do enjoy using the site and but thats only because its essentially uksc under a different name. Geo is also a mate of mine and where i come from you stand by your mates!

I completely understand where u are coming from as everyone is loyal to there mates but u can't keep trying to fight his battles weather anybody agrees or disagrees with what happened it did happen and look how much the club has grown since that , that is something no one can argue against from what I remember reading the threads that came up at the time geo pretty much blamed everything on socks out right when the bloke had done nothing but help out with I.T etc and trying to get everything running smoothly when people asked him questions like what rob has mentioned above they were dodged not something u would expect from an honest person please don't forget although I have never been the most vocal person on a forum I have been knocking round on Uksc and Ukso for a long time now and have seen the ups and downs and the site go into termoile then in the end not be able to use said site at all , my opinion is the blame game has well out lived itself everyone has to move on and if Uksc fires back up then so be it no one has an issue with that as I'm sure members would use both sites as they do here and tgtt , u must admit though now the mods have more say in things more things happen on the forum and the opinions of members are taken into account

So does this mean old build threads lost in the move over will be viewable or is it just the main structure of uksc that's been found?

Sorry if this is a shit question.....bit of a computer retard :)

Couldnt agree with you more pick1...

Just to make things VERY clear, yet again.

Everytime I find myself correcting blatent lies. Very Boring Now...

Few quotes id like to correct from Enzo/Geo...

95% of you members and majority traders never had a say in what happened..

All the Traders decided they were sick of the childish attitude and being ripped off..

They all wanted to come over to UKSO and by doing so have reaped huge benefits in business

They have also expanded and done a lot more for the Starlet Community since doing so too!

The Staff (Including Mods) were also all for it as they had seen the abuse you were giving them and others.

The Members can do what they want. We haven't got a gun to there head telling them what to do, what websites they can and cant use, but we have and WILL ALWAYS continue to give them the BEST environment we can as a Starlet Owner and as a Friend.

socks calculated it in such a way that there was no interuption, infected ukscs database, so even if you guys wanted to come on here to support us you could not..as every second page was met with an error...

I didn't calculate a single thing. There were errors with the database before I came aboard many years ago. The errors returned about a week after you removed my permissions. I don't have magical powers to bypass encryption and passwords. Any failures or problems you will have had will have been through not listening to people that were trying to warn, advise and help you most likely. Cant know for sure as I wasn't around to see what happened.

im in talks with zen internet, the hosting provider for matt bridgettes parents shared server from linkit to notify them of fraudulent activities and exactly what happened.

I can smell bullshit a mile away, but just out of curiosity I called Zen. They have had no calls regarding complaints nor anyone pretending to be myself nor anyone else on the authorized list of admins. I also explained the situation in full which had the member of staff at Zen laughing. You cant just call a hosting company and ask them to remove a website from a clients account. It does not work like that. No Fraud has been committed either. However, if your talking about fraud we have plenty of evidence stacked up to prove Enzo committed several accounts of fraud on UKSC, but I wont divulge into that.

im also going to get in contact with his domain provider...

I purchased the domain name. What does this have to do with you? What is a domain provider going to do exactly? This is laughable.

also matts parents will be getting a nasty phone call over the next couple of days as they wont be aware of what he did.

There fully aware. However im not a child in pre-school so not quite sure what talking to them will gain you Geo? lol

the site ukso will be shut down at some point, i know that for sure, just keep your eyes peeeealed for when this happens as it will be without warning..

The site UKSO will NOT be shut down at any point. I Know This, FOR SURE.

since all those sad people like ro55afumi that think its all about the shows, im not fussed about that any more il be stearing uksc in a new direction away from all the trading spots/shows and all the chinese whispers and bitching that comes with it.

Putting names to faces is a big part of being a community, getting together as friends is important. Its not the main reason but it is important. The attendance figures at shows suggest your very wrong to be honest. The atmosphere also speaks very differently too!

Anyhow. That's all im going to say on the matter. You can make your own mind up on who you think is being honest and who is lying here.

It's very easy to blame Matt as he was the one who made the new forum

What people tend to forget is he was making it cause he was asked by 20 plus members of staff and the trade team of Uksc to do so. Easy to single out one person but people are digging at the wrong guy really.....

It's very easy to blame Matt as he was the one who made the new forum What people tend to forget is he was making it cause he was asked by 20 plus members of staff and the trade team of Uksc to do so. Easy to single out one person but people are digging at the wrong guy really.....

I think matt/socks was wrong, and i believe all the traders and staff were wrong too.

i believe the decision whether taken unilateral or not was wrong. ive spoke to staff who were very much for UKSO at the time who wish in hind sight that they UKSC had more time to die itself so UKSO could be started and no agro caused.

I think it was wrong, i cant see me thinking anything different, but i dont really care.

thing i find most distasteful is to claim the traders and staff were all for the content steal, as if that matters or makes a difference,

the staff obviously have a vested interest in the forum content and the traders in trading there.

nobody has any problem understand why you/yous did it, many of us just dont think it was right.

but being a TGTT man i dont much mind whether it UKSC or UKso i frequent :) lets all just get along.

Phil

Edited by Philm