steering wheel vibration still exists!

does the disc have this much play and movement becouse I can say when I had the OEM discs on there was ZERO play??

its like you can move the disc and the holes move from 2 cm to 2cm about the stud if that makes sense?

also when I put another wheel on I.E my brothers 15 rota wheel it doesnt sit flush against the disc there fore can not get the wheel on!! its wonky and does not fit flush at all to the hub...

my wheels fit fine but ever since I have fitted the ebc discs and pads getting a vibration in the wheel...

so EBC disc people is this normal???

Edited by iamlegend

I used to run EBC disc on the Celica and never had that kind of wobble on them.

Is this rotational movement you get here when spinning the disc with the wheel off? There is always a bit of gap around the studs.

Once the wheel's bolted on though that movement should not be there.

Vibration constantly or when applying the brakes?

here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u13sDerDc

my car drove like a bute with the stock set up on ever since fitted yellow pads/ebc disc and braided lines my wheel vibrates over 60mph

so one day it was perfect next day as soon as fitted the new brakes it happend

its weird I cant get my brothers wheel on as it doesnt sit flush with his wheel it wont fit....

That's about the play I have on mine with the celica and I don't get any vibration at all, that's with stock discs.

Any other EBC guys have this problem, if they get the vibration like you do it could be because of that movement.

Is everything on there tight? Caliper bolts, pads?

right so this morning I took the both discs off and checked them 100%

cleaned the hub mating surface.

wound the piston in and out to make sure its free

took the discs off had a good check to make sure are ok

also put the oem disc back on and even the oem disc has that movment from the studs to the disc.. so that makes that kool

spun the wheel around making sure the brakes are not sticking and it moves freely

spigot rings are on

so the steering wheel vibration still exists!! GREAT

now I have heard mixed views on wheel allignment/tracking etc can this be a cause? it is pulling to the left a wei bit n all had a full set up 8 months ago..

wheels have been balanced and checked 3 times

suspension items are ok

this is a head ake!

wonder if calipers are sticking! how to tell? they move free when jacked up

Edited by iamlegend

Brakes will only vibrate if they are warped, and that's under braking too not general driving. If you're getting the shakes, check your wheels are balanced correctly. Very easy for one to have thrown a weight when you had them off

Brakes will only vibrate if they are warped, and that's under braking too not general driving. If you're getting the shakes, check your wheels are balanced correctly. Very easy for one to have thrown a weight when you had them off

revoltuion checked them using there finest equipment so It cant be that.. checked all weights are on

yes this can happen through discs if they are warped.

yes only at sudden stopping not doing speeds up to 60mph

warped discs is just when slam on brakes and vibrates badly when stopping which mine doesnt do

On the longer shaft, NS one, there is a sort of rubber ring thing around the shaft, the rubber bush can wear, or fall down, and cause the shaft to become unbalanced, giving a judder at speed.

Worth a check at least :)

On the longer shaft, NS one, there is a sort of rubber ring thing around the shaft, the rubber bush can wear, or fall down, and cause the shaft to become unbalanced, giving a judder at speed.

Worth a check at least :)

picture?