500bhp Glanza up north somewhere?! might be BS...

Not much you cant do in a shed tbh, an engine is only nuts and bolts, all they need to be its torqued up correctly. Occasionally get parts worked on by a machine shop but thats about it.

Tuning on the other hand, i wouldnt do that myself on a built motor.

I had a mate that forged his own engine. He said it was just nuts and bolts. He fucked it big time, cost him double as he had to replace the whole engine and pay someone to do it properly. Hard lesson that boy learned

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will always get horror stories, but you have them from all tuners/engine builders too.

If you do it your self and your not sure on something you stop and do some extra research, i always say to myself if im going to do something im not going to set a deadline as thats when things go wrong rushing get them finished.

Im a perfect example, my first 4efe i changed the head gasket after replacing my valve stem seals, but didnt torque it down properly as i didnt ask enough questions and i wanted it done. it blew through as you'd expect. second time around it was fine as i knew what i was doing, still cost me less than having it done at a garage once and i learnt my lesson

You will always get horror stories, but you have them from all tuners/engine builders too.

If you do it your self and your not sure on something you stop and do some extra research, i always say to myself if im going to do something im not going to set a deadline as thats when things go wrong rushing get them finished.

Im a perfect example, my first 4efe i changed the head gasket after replacing my valve stem seals, but didnt torque it down properly as i didnt ask enough questions and i wanted it done. it blew through as you'd expect. second time around it was fine as i knew what i was doing, still cost me less than having it done at a garage once and i learnt my lesson

See the forged components he used were fucked as well so it was so much more expensive than just paying a garage to forge once on parts alone. Personally i wouldnt criticise anyone who paid someone else to build their engine. By the time u add up machine shop costs and hassle of carting an engine about its not much different than getting the likes of racetech or td to do it for you. The way i see it is your paying them for their experience and they have already made their beginner fuck ups

I priced up a forged build doing it myself and it is actually more expensive doing it myself than letting someone else do it. Plus theres a warrenty with a company.

Ay it would be but don't forget they will most likely get traders discount or vat free on the products. Plus when you do it yourself you always change things and it gets done to how you want it done, not how someone else wants to do it.

Was going well till dan g showed up lol

Fuck yeah lol.

Ay it would be but don't forget they will most likely get traders discount or vat free on the products. Plus when you do it yourself you always change things and it gets done to how you want it done, not how someone else wants to do it.

Aye man i know, undecided atm, gonna boost the JDM 100ps FE first, its basically a GT engine anyway, few differnces.

You can do 1 aswell mate

Daniel u started it, did i say shit to you? No i didnt so y u gta say shit? So what if i broke cars whats that got to do with you? Fuck all so do 1

And not 10 only 4 out of which 1 was my own . Fuck off now

Sry MATE. I don't understand your problem did you snap a bolt on your latest breaker or something?

Personally as a regular and loyal poster I dont think you should be exposed to that kind of abuse.

Cheers Stu, was downright rude if you ask me..

Sry MATE. I don't understand your problem did you snap a bolt on your latest breaker or something?

Haha, love it.