Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye mate you might aswell before you go pal , Really when you thinking of getting it done lad ?

Potentially, very early February. If i can stretch to it!

However, I may do it end of the month. We'll see......

Much prefer these to common as muck tials

Yeah they cost a shit ton more. But, I've read amazing things.

On a worse note. The TD fuel pump refused to work this evening ended up reinstalling the OEM one. Which really pissed me off.

Then , Man Utd loose on Penaltys. UNBELIEVABLE.. Worst evening in months.

So this little beauty turned up! Absolute love it.

9DF4CC53-34CB-43F0-9098-A2CF714F4D87_zps

Not fitting it until the week before my remap, as it's got a 14PSI spring.

Am I correct in thinking that's 1bar? As that's what I wanna be mapped at.

It's all coming together. I'm going to access the funds on payday and see if it's possible to pay the remap never month. If not, first week of March.

It's all coming together now!

God this car have changed allot since you bought it, can't wait till I have a td04 I bet there's a Hell of a diffrence , you wanna get it mapped now and fell proper boost when it's done and get it dynoed :)

I didn't intend on hanging about!

I'm hopefully mapping at end of February/first week in match!

I don't want a splitter, as i think I'll buy a livesports or varis front bumper!

Once I'm mapped, it's exterior/interior time!

Just didn't want to let this die.....

I'm buying some new NGK spark plugs, and a fresh distributor cap. - That coupled with my magnicore leads should allow a good timing and spark.

I'm going to buy new gearbox oil, and Castrol engine oil this month.

Then I'm putting XXX.XX aside towards map. I'm going to be booking the V in first weekend off March

I'm not going for a EBC. If I go for one I'm the future I'll revisit for a map tweak, but for now as my drive is mostly town hi/lo boost settings won't make a difference!

On a plus note, I worked in Runcorn on Thursday took 4/5 hours to get there to install a phone system. I kept seeing signs for 'Warrington' which is where TuningDevelopments are based, was a massive tease!!

A decent EBC is more than just a hi/lo boost bud would recommend getting one and having it tweaked while at TD

Well I rang mike @ TD and he said with or without it'll make the same power. But, with one it'll be smoother as it comes on boost.

I just wanna be safely mapped! Desperate for 1bar and to be using my Turbosmart wastegate!

yeah a ebc will allow him to fine tune the boost curves a little. My ebc can set itself up on self learn mode with a 3/4th gear pull or two clever shit

That is cool, I'll probably get one later in the year!

I have the same clutch and spec 6 flywheel combo and love it great clutch mate enjoy it

Alot of hard work going jn here best if luck with it :)

Thank you bud! I love it to pieces, so glad i finally returned to a starlet. Sooo much better than my EP3, leaps and bounds better.

I rang TuningDevelopments yesterday, and booked the remap for 7th March... I'm buzzing, and CANNOT wait.

Just a few pieces to buy this month in preparation.

• Fresh oil change
  • Gearbox oil change
  • Replace dizzy cap
  • Replace spark plugs for NGK

Then, i want to try and souce an electronic boost controller. Having a nightmare finding a second hand one at the moment. If i buy new, i'll need to push back to remap by a month.. Decisions..Decision...

So, The spark plugs and dizzy cap turned up. I'll probably whip on the cap tonight as it's a 2 minute job. Spark plugs i'll do tomorrow morning most likely.

• Fresh oil change
  • Gearbox oil change
  • Replace dizzy cap
  • Replace spark plugs for NGK

Now i just can't decide if i want to buy a Electronic Boost Controller, and turn it up to 1.1bar for mapping. I don't have any bigger injectors, so i'm unsure if i will see extra gains by doing this in all honesty? Anyone wish to comment on this?

Id get a ebc mate will be much smoother coming onto boost I'm mapped at a bar so smooth when boosting with the ebc :)

See my Turbosmart wastegate spring is 14PSI which is 0.96bar.

I know the OEM injectors are good for 230/235 at a push from what Mike @ TD has said. So, If i wanted an EBC he said using it to go to 1bar would be hard, but they will give it a go. Hence, why im tempted to go 1.1bar.. But then surely i'd make no more power gains as the injectors would be maxed at 14PSI anyway? Do you understand what i mean?