Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good mate how did it come off in the end ?? :)

Undo the hex's then I had to get a screwdriver in, and ply it off the bracket on the airbag the last thread was holding it and my yanking didn't dislodge it! Something so simple!

Same wheel as me

Lovely to drive with, but the boss kit is to long! My fingers just about reach the stalks and half the time I miss them lol!

So.. Today it was judgement day.

Time for the clutch to be done. I got my mate who's a master tech at Honda. I had NO idea how much was involved. Absolute pig!

So first things first got her jacked up as high as possible.

D25B4E68-430A-408D-894E-6C03421A0238_zps

Didn't get many pictures inbetween. But, if you've done it. You know how it went...

Clutch on, and looking rather sexy I must say!

9486CA56-EBE1-4172-9D94-BEF91825412A_zps

And another;

DA0093C3-AFC6-4E2F-BEF5-5CAA11A73BFE_zps

Now it's all done. It's 'interesting' I must say, it wants to jolt forward and rip the front end off. Just needs more throttle, but I'll get used to it.

Book time on it was 3.1 hours in a garage. We managed 3 on the floor, an I was just vaguely helping.

Now, I'm on my way to lakeside this evening! Hopefully it's a good one!

Today was a day off and he final push on getting the shell completely torn out.

Once that was done it was time to steal the absolutely MINT boot. It even has the wiper hole flushed off. As mine had a 5/6inch mark above the light. Unsure if I like it without any stickers or Toyota badge.

4B7A7338-B849-41A6-BE28-0AD8B0410124_zps

Here's the progress on the shell, literally ready to be scrapped now. Nothing else is off any real value, in comparison to the time to remove it..

30EEE761-1741-4C32-98C8-9F2F6651C6FE_zps

80BE8894-E90F-46A1-9126-C9D7AA1B016C_zps

Lewis

Well, i was having some wastegate problems off late. Not holding boost correctly in the lower gears.

So, i was either going for a brand new TIAL or a brand new Turbosmart..

I decided on the turbosmart.. all paid for and should be with me tomorrow or thursday!

http://www.driftworks.com/turbosmart-external-wastegate-38mm-45mm-50mm-60mm.html

turbosmartwg38.jpg