Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the power difference would be from 0.96bar an 1.00bar....

That's a positibilty of getting a .7 spring, and using an EBC to bring it up to 1bar..

However, as above.. would it make THAT much difference...

Well I've decided to bite the bullet and get an electronic boost controller. Plan is to up the boost to potentially 1.1bar.

Got this, should be delivered fairly soon! Then it's just about wiring it in. Anyone know what mm silicone I should use to run this effectively? - I don't want it too small.

0BE24181-6180-49F6-9C92-45D0BAD4DF65_zps

8AE6DA45-0E64-4666-80D2-39658EE8B29B_zps

60D3FB17-407D-4E33-80D1-8DA8728F73E8_zps

Oil change, plug change, and dizzy cap change to come now!

Well received the the Greedy, ordered some silicone and downloaded the PDF manual. Was a piece of cake to install.

Only downside is I had no mount for the solinoid so I had to improvise before I figure out the best way of mounting it. - Seriously, cable ties are the worlds best invention!

BCCA4D6F-EB33-4416-9509-8B6BB37E6EFC_zps

She's plumbed in, and turned OFF. I'll let TuningDevelopments set it up.

Them this Saturday I attended a track day with a friend at Brands Hatch. I have caught the bug.. Seriously considering doing one once the weather brightens up!

So I bought the items for a full service. I ended up going to Halfords because I needed all the oils for tomorrow the final weekend I'm free before mapping!

184E7826-36A7-451E-9EEE-3AE872F19E43_zps

That'll be my day sorted!

Also a few cheeky pictures I took at brands hatch a few weekends ago!

B5998F93-B9C8-439B-A7DB-155100F34307_zps

Then the Glanza with the DC2 that was on track!

B7B35B23-7DE6-41DB-9864-4A3071628F16_zps

5EBD9054-F97B-439C-A8BE-A2BBD1C7D72C_zps

Then an up to date on of the engine bay. Seriously needs some more bling!

2D85D8B4-AD02-4031-8EA2-B263CB054F9D_zps

Opinions welcome!

Edited by Zeldoz

2 bolts to remove it bud :) black for the colour I need to do mine at some point

I'll definitely attach that. Is it easy to do with everything still on the car?

---

Update.

Was umming an arring over buying some bigger injectors. I've read an was told that @1bar the standard Glanza injectors are at roughly 80%-90% duty cycle. A small hiccups could spell disaster for the engine.

So I looked an looked at various options and PhilM mentioned a month or so ago he had some Denso RX7 470cc injectors. There straight fit, so snapped them up.

B49FAC55-E278-4B16-A7E2-1BAB25978480_zps

I'll be happier knowin it's at 1bar on some beefy injectors. I'm still contemplating if I should go 1.1bar.

I also serviced the car this weekend gone. Full oil, and oil filter change. New NGK spark plugs, lastly need to do the distributer cap. But, the second screw below it seems impossible to remove. Hopefully it'll give in soon.

So, my remap is March 7th (Next Friday) an I'm like a child too excited for a holiday. It's a painful wait.

Nice pics at Bh did you sort the pump mate?

Yeah after 3 weeks of fathering around without realising the wires we're wrong. Unbelievable really you usually expect when you buy something expensive it'll be right so I questioned everything I had done, not thinking the pump was at fault.

Putting the black on positive, and red on negative it stated first time! Thank god.

Edited by Zeldoz

Another little update.

I decided i was bored of the turbo "chatter" and wanted to have the ability to mix things up. I purchased the cold side intercooler pipe off the throttle body and also a HKS SSQV new from a friend. It means if i get bored of the SSQV i can swap the pipes over an run either with or without a dump valve. Tonight ill fit the dumpvalve and see how it sounds.

416AB67B-F29C-41EC-832E-88A41DC16A44_zps

I then went for a drive with a couple of friends. Mainly, to go up Beachy Head and get some pictures of the cars with the sun setting.
The majority of my "car friends" are Honda ricers. Enjoy there cars...... One is a B18 swap, the other is a 1.4

0E4ED673-4527-4C23-8266-196D0DB139FE_zps

I really like these two, I'm randomly in both walking past or texting.

9EADFA16-5057-461A-A57B-19178AC6AE91_zps

F3D21055-0D6F-49B0-B6BF-4D0C89CD893B_zps

For my reference, a video of how the chatter sounds now, to compare with the SSQV i fit later...

th_961EEE72-601E-41CA-B134-0B2681BE4934_

TuningDevlopments is 4 days away... I cannot sleep im so excited.

So this evening i am embarking on the roadtrip to a Warrington Travelodge! (Christ knows where)

276miles, 5 hours 30 minutes... It should be fun after barely sleeping last night and working all day today! Can't wait to get there and crack a beer open!

So i'll update tomorrow if everything went okay, which i truly hope it does without a hiccup!

See ya'll tomorrow!

So this evening i am embarking on the roadtrip to a Warrington Travelodge! (Christ knows where)

276miles, 5 hours 30 minutes... It should be fun after barely sleeping last night and working all day today! Can't wait to get there and crack a beer open!

So i'll update tomorrow if everything went okay, which i truly hope it does without a hiccup!

See ya'll tomorrow!

You staying at llym truck stop by any chance that's where I always stay :-)

Good luck mate , Hope you get the result you are after , My baby is up there at the moment

Anything that is safely running good A/F ratios! As i guess currently they're not the best!

You staying at llym truck stop by any chance that's where I always stay :-)

No im staying here "Northwich Lostock Gralam" I saw the truckstop but i didn't want too much noise!

Aye buddy there probs not the best at the moment just take it easy there pal , Look forward to seeing the results

60/65mph. I want to sneak in behind a lorry and get no air resitance. Less fuel! Done it in my old golf before and got 72mpg to London! Was loving life!

It's not noisy at all stayed there a few times now and it's proper cheap :)

I think i paid £27 but i only booked this Tuesday so i left it late but i saw that Truck shop was cheap as! Ill bare it in mind for next time if i return!