Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need that catch can connected lol

Don't... I put that in like the week I bought it in October! Even when you saw it it wasn't plumbed in..

Anyone want to donate me some braided hoses for Christmas? ;)

Edited by Zeldoz

So today I pulled my finger out in the pissing rain, put the v in the garage and finished of the FPR install.

A pic half way through running the return line..

ACB0583D-668B-4310-A3BE-1CC642AB771F_zps

All finished and plumbed in;

BA44052C-787D-464C-90D1-886E2CA16665_zps

Set the pressure to 2.5bar, which is I believe 0.1 over standard? As I'm unmapped I decided it would be best to run it slightly richer so atleast it's not leaning out.

Next up I had a issue with the seatbelt symbol constantly illuminated. It would flash constantly at me. I checked the obvious and straight away found no sensor under my seat, no idea why. There's one under the passenger but not on mine. So I just popped out the bulb thinking it would be the easiest solution.

Although, removing the speedo cable. What a absolute cnut. Never again!

3251193C-9720-4EC7-84B2-21B903098DA5_zps

Happy with the overall outcome of today's morning. A quick snap I done after.

EF69769E-FE1A-4D77-9F3E-30F22A08BF60_zps

Don't... I put that in like the week I bought it in October! Even when you saw it it wasn't plumbed in..

Anyone want to donate me some braided hoses for Christmas? ;)

hahaha i know. Im sure it will be working sooner or later ;)

Believe the seatbelt sensor for the drivers side is in the top part of the belt somewhere you know where it bolts to the b pillar?

Oh really? I presumed it would've been under the seat... Oh we'll problem solved now haha!

Right, that's annoying considering I've removed the bulb. But atleast it's gone away.

I think I'll remove the plastics on a rainy day when I'm bored next week. I already plan on freshening up the bay by spraying some bits. First being the bonnet latch, surface rust gallor!

Edited by Zeldoz
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically been as useless as New Orleans home in a storm this holiday time.

Done nothing to my car! Although, i spent Saturday fixing a friends EJ civic and fitting his coilovers. Its a shame, he won't swap his grids for my slipstreams. I want them so bad!

Clutch update; 5th cannot boost without it having a meltdown. 4th same as above. Working its way onto 3rd now.

Get paid tomorrow and will be buying my exedy. Still debating just settling for the organic stage 1 @ £259..

Decisions!

Just be done with It and get a paddle clutch you no your forge it and will have to buy another clutch to handle more power

I don't think I will... If I do, I guess I'll have to buy a new clutch! Organic I'll be buying when TD reopen!

So.. I just reluctantly bought a clutch along with a TD fuel pump.

I cannot fault the customer service you get with TD. Mike is an absolute legend. Spent about 25 minutes on the phone talking me through my options and what else i may/can do before my re-map. I eventually opted for;

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_520_587&products_id=182

along with my final piece of my jigsaw before re-mapping;

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_520_590&products_id=201

I believe i know have everything needed to get a map. Now, i need to decide between E-Manage blue and E-Manage ultimate. I dont think i really need launch control etc.. So i think i would be happy with E-Manage blue.

Opinions and comments welcomed! - I'll get an up to date spec list of the car soon as it's changed drastically.

This car has changed so much !! Keep it up man

Emb will be fine :) looking forward to see what this produces

Thanks mate!

Looking first week in March for mapping. Will be buying a TIAL wastegate end of month!

I'm hoping for high figures, but I'm sure 220+ would be phomonemal!

Do let us know where you pick up the wastegate. Currently planning my next turbo setup and don't wanna be shafted on it!

I know. If I'm honest I'll use Iddy, should be sound threw him. It not, TD where everything else I buy is from!