Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

I know was funny. Followed him out the car park haha. In ashford got 2 big straights. So good! Yep folkstone is starlet teritory lool. I see you gonna get side pillar pod?/pods. I got a single G-reddy one for boost gauge or what ever if your interested. I took it off im not keen on them!

Have boost already mate!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my hands on a mild steel TD04 manifold and Decat. Not paying until next Friday, but first two parts acquired (As long as Jamie doesn't pull out... ;) )

Next up, find a decent condition turbo.

Got my hands on a mild steel TD04 manifold and Decat. Not paying until next Friday, but first two parts acquired (As long as Jamie doesn't pull out... ;) )

Next up, find a decent condition turbo.

Sounds good mate!, Starting to collect the TD04 parts already then!

Sounds good mate!, Starting to collect the TD04 parts already then!

Slowly mate, hoping to have it all together in January and then I'll book a date at TuningDevelopments. One hell of a road trip that is roughly 10 hours return. Debating if I travelodge it overnight or not!

Slowly mate, hoping to have it all together in January and then I'll book a date at TuningDevelopments. One hell of a road trip that is roughly 10 hours return. Debating if I travelodge it overnight or not!

Fair enough mate, Probs be worth travelodging it for how long the trip is if its 10 hours lol, enjoy the trip with no traffic then, or have to worry about rushing.

Fair enough mate, Probs be worth travelodging it for how long the trip is if its 10 hours lol, enjoy the trip with no traffic then, or have to worry about rushing.

Yeah potentially would be a better option!

So this weekend i finally decided to change the brake pads. There was naffed from when i bought the car in October. I just hadn't got around to buying the pads. Bought them eventually a few weeks ago, an i just haven't pulled my finger out. But, it was blue skies yesterday morning and after loading my brain with YouTube "How to's.." i finally decided i'll give it a go.

I've never wanted to change brake pads before or discs for that matter mainly because it's safety and i wouldn't want to trust myself with that in my own hands. But within the last year, i've been doing more and more to the car so finally decided i'll swallow my nervousness and do it.

I couldn't believe how easy it was, and why i've never done it before! I paid £150 to change 4x discs, 4x Pads and 4x braided hoses to be installed on my civic 6 months ago, i could've done it all myself within 3 hours at a push!

Took me only an hour and a half to;

• Change pads
  • Paint Calipers

Here's a few snaps i took nothing that interesting..Decided to go for a Aque Blue colour, tried to match my silicone hoses but it's a lot more bright, never the less i still like it.

7AB31785-B914-4F58-8062-2ED70EE03355-157

Being a lazy and useless bastard with a brush, i roped the Mrs's into it as they're good with painting there nails and what not, managed to swing her by the promise of a meal out if she helped me! - (It worked)

59110A2D-4CA3-4741-9188-597D157CB601-157

71ACB749-0AD9-4DAB-B337-D547D38D08B7-157

29A74661-1DDE-4FE4-9CBD-98D4EFAFB08F-157

Pretty happy with the results, sets off the black alloys better now. I'll eventually get some snaps of how the cars looking soon, i just haven't bothered!

Here's my best update to date.

Managed to lay my hands on a Zisco TD04 Kit. Manifold,Downpipe, TD04L and screamer. Just need to source my oil lines and a wastegate!

Absolutely dancing on the table! GlanzaBen is an absolute legend allowing me to pay half this week, and next Christmas time.

TD04 Check List.

- Manifold

- Downpipe

- Turbo

- Wastegate

- Water/Oil Lines

- AEM Wideband

- Emanage Blue

- Mapping

BRING ON TD04 time.. A few snaps he's supplied me with.

98EB753A-D592-4CA1-B165-17F28591C83E-165

C3E75798-9726-421C-91A8-E422FFA644E5-165

Awesome lad coming on well

I've got an TD04 oil line here £5 if you want it pal also got that pillar pod

Chuck me a picture when you get a chance fella? Is it a braided one?

Didn't take you long to go TD04 good work mate

James

It was the plan all along. Thought i'd be happy with CT9 for a year. But since im having a nightmare with creeping and fuel cut. Instead of wasteing money on sorting the issues im happy to plod around for a few months. I barely see a dual carriageway or motorway anyway. So town driving im no where near boost!

Can't wait! Still got a hefty lump to spend yet.. Going to do it as early as possible next year!!

If you only do town driving won't that mean you'll never see boost on a td04 haha? Have to do some motorways then dude!!!!!! Im still fannying around with the ct9 :(

I avoid the dualies and motorways at the moment. Town driving doesn't give me an issue.

When TD04 comes, I'll be EVERYWHERE haha!

Fantastic turbo kit :) best upgrade I did to my Glanza was fit that

Just glad your helping a fellow member out, can't wait for this!

Lol I made you go td04

If your planning on staying in a travel lodge when you go to td I recommend llym truck stop cheap and not bad :)

Yeah i think i will. I seriously doubt i can be assed to wake up at 4am, to get there at 9am.. To then leave at like 1..or 2.. To not be home till gone 6..

Probably drive up the night before!