Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

Thats fine with me mate let me no when funds are there and i'll drop it down to you buddy :)

Perfect, i'll grab it the first Thursday after payday if your down. Otherwise, we'll organise something when the time comes, I'll drop you a message on La'Facebook. 100% will be taking it! :thumbsup:

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect, i'll grab it the first Thursday after payday if your down. Otherwise, we'll organise something when the time comes, I'll drop you a message on La'Facebook. 100% will be taking it! :thumbsup:

Should be down mate weather depening lol but yea we will sort something out lad :)

Sweet mate no worries

That vac line is that the one bollted to the cam cover? That is just for the old high and low boost setup. I pulled mine out as it was just abit of pipe and dont join anywhere. I got that fmic setup. My t clamps hang out bottom and scrape lol i have no leaks what so ever in my kit all tight but yet i dont have full boost to near on 5-6k im on 1Bar on ct9 but i have a 4 inch crack in the 3rd runner on standard mani. I cant be botherd to fix it as after xmas im going td04 too. Its pointless spending more money on a ct9. So next week instead of "fixing" it im getting a buddy club rep made up!

P.s you got a short route hotpipe on yet?

That vac line is that the one bollted to the cam cover? That is just for the old high and low boost setup. I pulled mine out as it was just abit of pipe and dont join anywhere. I got that fmic setup. My t clamps hang out bottom and scrape lol i have no leaks what so ever in my kit all tight but yet i dont have full boost to near on 5-6k im on 1Bar on ct9 but i have a 4 inch crack in the 3rd runner on standard mani. I cant be botherd to fix it as after xmas im going td04 too. Its pointless spending more money on a ct9. So next week instead of "fixing" it im getting a buddy club rep made up!

P.s you got a short route hotpipe on yet?

Yeah, mines just sitting there unused. Doesn't push air out on tickover, and putting my finger over it doesn't change the idle of the car so its obviously redundant now!

I need a short route & then my bov flange welded in the cold site piping (near the inlet)

Edited by Zeldoz

Yes going TD04 you wont need it buddy save your self £60 lol

Thought so! Do you now if i can make my current piping adapt to suit the TD04 turbo? Or will i need to buy some TD04 specific piping for it?

Well, i ordered some 8,000kelvin HIDs from Hong Kong earlier in the month. Well 30th October to be exact. After a shit load of air miles they arrived today.. 20 days later.. Epic delivery time.. beats Royal Mail when some it rains anyway... :p

So i'll be rolling the V into the garage this eve and give them a bash.. I'm hoping it wont throw the high beam constantly on when they're on which i've read can sometimes happen. We'll see.. Might end up having to do that mod at some point.

I also really need to get my manual boost controller fitted along with my HKS actuator, but im tempted just to leave that until the TD04 happens early next year. Still completely undecided on that. I've decided against porting my wastegate, im just going to live with it as i dont use boost much anyway i do 5/6 miles a day and its in rush hour most mornings/evenings anyway!

40D17B7A-29B4-4530-91FD-9FBB66EBE705-588

Update to follow this evening when there in!

Well got home, first thing I did BEFORE taking the dog out.. Started fitting the HIDs

Always bought and fitted them to my previous cars, I have family living in the country and normal headlights just dont the mustard.

Here's a pic: Ignore the glare, it's my stupid iPhone 3G. They're not that bad. I adjusted them down compensate. As I hate glare from oncoming traffic as much as they'd hate me if I didn't adjust!

244B61B3-6341-4CD2-9C2E-0CC64C26E517-588

Comments on how it's going so far, also advice and guidance welcomed! Not had too much feedback compared to other threads! :(

Edited by Zeldoz

Where abouts you from. This glanza is turning out nice :)

Thanks mate! Slowly but surely! (Not slowely in the first 3 weeks LOL)

As Christmas comes mods will slow, will be little odds and sods!

Im from East Sussex, what about you?

Looking Good mate!! , I need me some Hid's just cba to buy em lol,

What's the next plans for it?

Also to bling up the bay. could always paint strut brace, fuse cover and inlet manifold? :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks mate :)

Im debating the inlet at the moment! Maybe a crinkle black, I reckon that would look quite nice!

I was thinking about the fuse box but it's odd, I quite like it.. Although again in crinkle black that would look nice also!

Next plans.. Little tiny things up until end of Christmas. Like pillar pods, maybe a splash of paint here and there, and probably a oil pressure gauge. Or a temperature, unsure which is best.

January is when I'll be buying my TD04 parts an ill be mapping it as early as i can afford next year!

Thanks mate :)

Im debating the inlet at the moment! Maybe a crinkle black, I reckon that would look quite nice!

I was thinking about the fuse box but it's odd, I quite like it.. Although again in crinkle black that would look nice also!

Next plans.. Little tiny things up until end of Christmas. Like pillar pods, maybe a splash of paint here and there, and probably a oil pressure gauge. Or a temperature, unsure which is best.

January is when I'll be buying my TD04 parts an ill be mapping it as early as i can afford next year!

Yeah black would look good mate!, or even polish up inlet and mani?, always a winner :p

Looking forward to the TD04 Parts mate!, You going to go for big power, or a reasonable amount?

Yeah black would look good mate!, or even polish up inlet and mani?, always a winner :p

Looking forward to the TD04 Parts mate!, You going to go for big power, or a reasonable amount?

Never thought of polishing. How expensive is it to go that route?

I'll he aiming at 1bar which would be 220bhp? I will contemplate buying a blown engine next year and saving for forged. Can't see myself moving away from Glanza's for awhile. Sold my replica had a 250bhp civic, but always wanted a turbo'd V!

Never thought of polishing. How expensive is it to go that route?

I'll he aiming at 1bar which would be 220bhp? I will contemplate buying a blown engine next year and saving for forged. Can't see myself moving away from Glanza's for awhile. Sold my replica had a 250bhp civic, but always wanted a turbo'd V!

Polishing costs just your time mate, Get some emery paper and a wire brush and rub back the ocker cover and mani yourself. Also need some metal polish and rub that on, ill find a pic of my mates and upload it to show you, does look awsome :),

Ah fair enough, i suspect that would be fairly quick anyway and sounds decent mate getting a different engine to forge, can take your time and not have to rush it, then just bolt straight in then (maybe not as easy lol, but still...)

You had a ep3 didnt you?, The glanza will feel alot fucking quicker as those ep3's are heavy as fuck lol, still decent tho!

:thumbsup:

Polishing costs just your time mate, Get some emery paper and a wire brush and rub back the ocker cover and mani yourself. Also need some metal polish and rub that on, ill find a pic of my mates and upload it to show you, does look awsome :),

Ah fair enough, i suspect that would be fairly quick anyway and sounds decent mate getting a different engine to forge, can take your time and not have to rush it, then just bolt straight in then (maybe not as easy lol, but still...)

You had a ep3 didnt you?, The glanza will feel alot fucking quicker as those ep3's are heavy as fuck lol, still decent tho!

:thumbsup:

I like that. Will definitely look into seeing if I can do the same on the inlet then!

Yeah I will take my time no rush. Couple of hundred maybe less a month on it and see where it ends up!

The EP3'a are light for a hatch, just a smudge over 1200kg's if your comparing to a glanza it's not comparison. But anything else of that era of the same power was heavier! They're quick, very quick. But nothing like the feeling of a turbo spooling away! I had it going silly speeds plenty of times. The main thing is you don't need to worry about reliability there bulletproof. No question about it!

But the V makes me smile more!

Yeah man just keep pouring money into these little things, ah really. Thats where i got my glanza from! And ashford :)

Drove to Folkstone last month to buy my shocks and lowering springs. Got them off a guy with a black GT Turbo. There was a white V & a red V parked up with him.

Basically had a mini meet chatting for an hour down in the retail area. Don't know the area who dunno where I was lol!

I know :) you was at park farm industrial estate. The white v and red v and brothers. The one in the black gt is paul parker. Thays a quick GT! he was down ashford saturday just gone with us and smashed a 320bhp gsi

Lmao! That's seriously handing the GSI owner his ass on a plate. - How'd you like them apples, Mr 320bhp.

I liked the red one, was different from the usual, black,silver and white!

I know was funny. Followed him out the car park haha. In ashford got 2 big straights. So good! Yep folkstone is starlet teritory lool. I see you gonna get side pillar pod?/pods. I got a single G-reddy one for boost gauge or what ever if your interested. I took it off im not keen on them!