Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowly slowly, got a 98 spec dash, steering wheel and boot carpet on its way. Cars looking good, you should look at a td04 kit bud

TD04 will be after Christmas. Obviously creeping to fuel cut at the moment with the influx of air flow...

So im poodling around at the moment, I dont "rag" my cars senseless anyway. January/Febuary i'm hoping to be TD04'ing

This car is starting to look like Josh's from Stick2it

That reminds me! You mentioned to have a read of his build. I will have too!

I just ordered a rocker gasket from ID-Workz tempted to order the relocation kit from them too (or you).. But £39,99 isn't cheap! Considering it's an elbow off silicone :(

bargain on them wheels utter bargain!! nicee

take the crash bar of so the fmic will fit like a glove mate

mine was perfect fit!

IMG_0831.jpg

Is it safe to completely remove it? - I borrowed an angle grinder and i was going to cut a section out to allow it to go up higher? Needs raising by 3 inches i would guess to get it away from the bottom of the bumper..

Just ordered on a next day a rocker cover gasket and air filter relocation kit courtesy of ID-Workz cheers chaps :thumbsup:

This weekends work consists of;

• Paint rocker cover
  • Paint various caps etc in bay
  • Fit relocation kit

Debating to buy blue HT leads.. Can't decide..Lot's of money for what they are.. and i can't see them making a noticeable difference..

To save weight? Your have a loppy front end as it acts as a strut to for the balance as you turn etc..

All a crash bar does is absorb impact to work with crumple zones throughout the car, you have one on the back aswell you can remove them without effecting stability just makes a bad crash worse! " just because you remove an airbag doesn't mean a car can't steer a corner" lol save as much weight as you can :p

All a crash bar does is absorb impact to work with crumple zones throughout the car, you have one on the back aswell you can remove them without effecting stability just makes a bad crash worse! " just because you remove an airbag doesn't mean a car can't steer a corner" lol save as much weight as you can :p

Agreed but it's structural surely? Held keep the front end stiff?

So last night I decided to have round 3 with the Intercooler. Got the angle grinder out and took away the bar that runs from the bonnet latch to the subframe.

Allowed it to slot into place lovely! Really happy with how it is now :)

Just need to drag myself out of bed now.. An sort a boost leak.. Only boost at 0.5bar in any gear and starts dropping off! This FMIC is really getting on my nerves now lmao!

A407F80B-1BA3-453D-9278-B2710C38CED5-180

As you can see it dead inline with the bumper now and not hanging out! Very pleased. Just need to sort this boost leak now....

Current bay pic;

5E0FE32B-C7B2-4B2A-9E78-2FE9FDD1A4D8-180

Edited by Zeldoz

Boost leak resolved. Boost at 0.7 again!

Dodgy connection with the clamp and silicone going to the intercooler core.

Didnt have to take the front bumper off which is a relief!

Much happier now the core is not hanging out haha

So things have started to slow.. I couldn't keep on at that pace i was going. Money was going to run out.. and if i had, it would've been forged by December!

So, I bought a HKS Unsilenced midpipe from old Phil. Sent it from Ireland Friday, arrived Monday... Stupidly quick courier that..

This will be fitted tonight, and POSSIBLY if i get time. The Air filter relocation kit. Any advise on the best strategy to fit that?....

HKS Pipe awaiting fitment;

62999862-DBB9-4DE6-865D-CB163893B473-694

Also i need some advise. Since fitting the FMIC i'm getting chatter... If i boost a little bit. Which is fine, but if im plodding around i get nothing. The baileys dump valve is silent 90% of the time sometimes i'll hear it fainly let off.

However, PRIOR to the FMIC when i had the top mount my baileys dump valve was very loud and could be heard from a distance. Now, it's routed onto the hot pipe and you never hear it at all. It slightly annoying me as i want more than chatter.

Can anyone help explain this?...

Thanks

Baileys leak alot....if you want proper loud chatter you have to block off the dumpvalve pipes. I blocked both the blow off pipes on mine, and with a FMIC the chatter is amazing. Also with the FMIC its laggier so not gonna be boosting as much to get a loud sound from the dump valve at low revs