Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right I understand mate. Will look nice with a FMIC though. It looks clean

The FMIC? It's brand new.

Any chance you know where the mounting points would be for my cooler? Bit worried it wont fit but it must do haha!

Get two fat slabs of metal and bolt them to the underside of the front crossmember (?) then bolt the cooler to it. Should hold up nicely like mine

Also for fuel cut, get the wastegate ported and it'll be a lot more stable and won't creep as much

Get two fat slabs of metal and bolt them to the underside of the front crossmember (?) then bolt the cooler to it. Should hold up nicely like mine

Also for fuel cut, get the wastegate ported and it'll be a lot more stable and won't creep as much

This is what im going to have to do. However, I have mounted the core and it couldn't get it above the crashbar. So its currently sat below it. But, pushed right onto it so it's tight.

I'm abit worried like this after i cut my bumper this evening it will hang out the bottom of the bumper.. The actual core.. not just the piping?..

Here's how i have managed to mount it.

11DAE947-1CD1-438B-8469-E8F77D1D3087-383

(Sorry about the picture quality...)

Also, Below the core it doesn't line up with the subframe so i would need 2 pieces of metal that have some play in them to bend them on both ends to allow me to bolt them to my subframe!

Have i mounted this correctly?...

So last night i got around to dremmeling the bumper to allow it to fit on infront of the intercooler. There is still a tad more i need to take off in all honesty.

I couldn't get the core to get right up behind the crash bar, So i had to sit it underneath. But this is causing the core to hang out BELOW the bumper?...Is this correct? It's a massive core... and im just worried if i go any lower im seriously going to smash it on things if im not careful.. opinions?.....

D00CCA10-09CB-4D6E-8C6B-5CDF14144354-408

Then here you can see it more from a distance...

1BA43E92-09C2-4B31-819E-DD36F084DCCC-408

What have you done to that bumper :p

You can get the intercooler behind the crash bar! You might have to shave some of the bar that go's from the bonnet catch to the bottom of the chassie if you get me?that will allow you enough room to sit the intercooler right back!

can you see the bar running down just infront of your rad? cut that bar abit

9C10F4C8-F499-410A-AEE3-9CC9ED0BD32D-336

Also the bracket in the middle of the intercooler the one that bolts to the bonnet catch and the intercooler its self i cut mine down so that it was shorter and redrilled it that way the intercooler could sit higher up!

Edited by micky boy

What have you done to that bumper :p

You can get the intercooler behind the crash bar! You might have to shave some of the bar that go's from the bonnet catch to the bottom of the chassie if you get me?that will allow you enough room to sit the intercooler right back!

can you see the bar running down just infront of your rad? cut that bar abit

9C10F4C8-F499-410A-AEE3-9CC9ED0BD32D-336

Also the bracket in the middle of the intercooler the one that bolts to the bonnet catch and the intercooler its self i cut mine down so that it was shorter and redrilled it that way the intercooler could sit higher up!

Will have a crack this weekend.. I knew it would go up higher! Almost smashing speed bumps as it is haha!

EDIT: Would i not need to cut away some of the crash bar? I don't see how cutting the little bonnet latch bar would actually free up space.. It's not very big anyway.. How can i cut that down? o.O

Edited by Zeldoz

Looking good mate.

Tell me, how did you mount your intercooler to the cross member??

I'm going at mine today & tomorrow, so some pics would be great.

Al.

:)

It's fairly simply to mount. Your have a central mounting point on the intercooler core, Get your bracket that should come with it, bolt that down. Then under your bonnet latch is a bolt holding the little bar in. Either bolt the bracket under there, or drill a hole slightly lower and bolt it through there with a nut the other side to keep it tight!

Mounting it was the easier part, although i need to take it off and start again at the weekend to force it up higher!!!!!

I found putting the jigsaw of the piping together the hardest.. Many beers later i had solved it!

It only needs a few mm cutting on the bonnet latch bar and the intercooler will go behind the crash bar! I didnt have to do anything at all to the crash bar!

The only pic i have of my intercooler behind the crash bar! Abit of playing around mate and you'll get it fitting mint

199578_337302869710309_327809389_n.jpg

It only needs a few mm cutting on the bonnet latch bar and the intercooler will go behind the crash bar! I didnt have to do anything at all to the crash bar!

The only pic i have of my intercooler behind the crash bar! Abit of playing around mate and you'll get it fitting mint

To be fair that looks the same cooler as i have. Massive core!

I'll borrow an angle grinder and have another crack this weekend. Hopefully the pipes will allow me to pull them up slightly to fit!

I took both my crash bars off to save weight lol safe to say I might not take my airbag out lol love those wheels by the way :)

I took both my crash bars off to save weight lol safe to say I might not take my airbag out lol love those wheels by the way :)

To save weight? Your have a loppy front end as it acts as a strut to for the balance as you turn etc..

So, As some of you may know i made a thread in the lifestyle general. Got offered some Rota Slipstreams with nearly new Yokahoma Parada Spec2's on, all must have 1mm of tread used..

He wanted £300, I kept nagging saying £200 tonight, eventually he gave in and i collected them smiling at how cheap they all was.

Got home and swiftly and impatiently threw them on!

Really happy with how they are, now with 50mm drop, the car looks low and arches are filled. Really, really pleased!

A4B35391-1952-460F-9B01-E188A46B2664-448

F1A9A2BC-ADDE-4771-9575-EADE22675972-448

EE368570-8DCD-4C3B-9F60-9DBD4975EA9E-448

The chrome wheels ruin it :( but bloody hell this car has changed fast. What's next now mate?

The chrome wheels ruin it :( but bloody hell this car has changed fast. What's next now mate?

The wheel nuts, Yeah there the originals. Got nothing else. .What would you recommend? D1 are dangerous unsure what's a good brand?

and thanks, I dont hang about. I'm running out of ideas.. Lows, wheels, FMIC.. I think i'll have to start on the engine bay! Bling time i think!

aamir they are black?? lol :p im guessing you mean the nuts

Yeah haha! How's your shell coming along jay?

Edited by Zeldoz