Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks so clean, plans sound good too :) will keep an eye on this

Thank you, awaiting a few parts at the moment.

@Amjad - I heard about these, to be honest I'm quite torn between Prada Spec 2's, or the toyo's.

Do you know the pricing for uniroyals new tyre?

Parades Are crap dude! Toyos aren't great either, even rainsport 2s are a lot better!

50 profiles are all cheap under £40 and 45s around £50

Hmm, I'll have to have a look into this. I ran Parada's and Toyo on my EP3.. I couldn't fault either. I felt the Toyo had the upper hand in winter!

Edited by Zeldoz

Another cheeky update, Boost gauge arrived last night. I was desperate to find out what im boosting too!

Here's how it looks, Just awaiting next thursday to order my pod pillar gauge! Currently it's wedged above the stereo.

EB6AE09C-2992-4DAE-97D9-978C14224748-257

2F52ED38-2278-4647-B5FE-4CD431AF51E3-257

Basically aimed at to get a nice colour match when i finally get indigo dials!

5A631F93-9BB6-4519-8045-0F9A59BAD43A-257

More updates soon!

So, from what i could see.

1st gear im boost around 0.4bar

2nd gear it was a solid 0.8bar

and 3rd gear i ran out of road..

So, i need to retest!

but, is that about right?.. I HAVE GOT 1 & 2 restriction STILL in place. So i thought 0.8bar is ALOT to be boosting considering its limited still.

I don't think the restriction will be in place if you are still running a adjustable actuator?!! could be wrong though

I'm still on the OEM actuator currently. The HKS one isn't fitted yet.

I'm still on the OEM actuator currently. The HKS one isn't fitted yet.

That actuater is dodgey mate should be only boosting .65 on standard actuater..

Get the HKS on they make a nice diffrence aswell:)

Was really suprised when i fit mine and its only boosting .7

A front mounted air filter, decat and exhaust all improve the air flow meaning the standard actuator cant hold standard pressure well. Cold weather will encourage boost creep as well.

Im not 100% but i think the hks actuator might not actually solve your issue. You may need to port your ct9's wastegate to keep the boost levels where they should be, either that or fit the standard air box back on and see if that restricts the flow to keep the boost controlled. Last thing u want is to be hitting fuel cut.

Looks really nice tho man :) absolute bargin

A front mounted air filter, decat and exhaust all improve the air flow meaning the standard actuator cant hold standard pressure well. Cold weather will encourage boost creep as well.

Im not 100% but i think the hks actuator might not actually solve your issue. You may need to port your ct9's wastegate to keep the boost levels where they should be, either that or fit the standard air box back on and see if that restricts the flow to keep the boost controlled. Last thing u want is to be hitting fuel cut.

Looks really nice tho man :) absolute bargin

Thanks buddy. I'm going to do this to aid the situation and avoid fuel cut do it short term.

I dont want to spend money on this CT9 setup as i'll be going TD04 Christmas time!

So over the weekend i did the following;

• Fitted TEIN lowering Springs
  • Fitted Flat wiper blades
  • Fitted blue silicone pipes to smarten the engine bay

I am rather confident when it comes to doing things on cars. Since i owned my Type-R i always did various things like exhaust changes, servicing, coilover adjusting etc. I hadn't ever toyed with suspension or brakes. Which i was slightly worried at first.

After a late Friday night drive to Folkestones and a mini Glanza meet there with a few lads of the forums i had bagged myself almost new TEIN suspension on standard shocks all for £35!.. I couldn't believe it. The guy wanted to shift them, and was happy to help another V owner out with a bargain!

D5AE645C-8EE5-408F-9A99-22115C8187D8-336

So late Saturday afternoon i decided to give it a go. I thought if i don't try i wont learn, and suprisingly it was easier than i imagined and in future i would be happy to do it again.

Front strut done;

729C2713-B4D2-4B30-989D-DC1FA0A89A6B-336

As you can see the springs are in mint condition, the shocks don't look brilliant. But, it's a temporary lowering solution until i can pickup some coilovers at a reasonable price.

Rears;

3B39A339-2104-435C-9D11-A931AD7E82FF-336

Can anyone point out if they are aftermarked shocks? My standard ones didn't have a blue/yellow sticker?...

Best of all.. Even the Mrs's got involved. - She's a keeper!

04E10FAC-B280-48D2-BD28-09B2CC953496-336

So this weekends little list is as follows;

• Remove Aircon
  • Fit Front Mount Intercooler
  • Fit Air Filter Relocation Kit
  • Fit HID's
  • Paint Rocker Cover
  • Cut my MINT 98 spec bumper..

More to follow..

I have messaged him. But from reading the thread, it looks like he won't be willing to post the bumper. Although i would take it 100%.. Also, i would be intrigued how good the condition is.

If i can sort something out with him i wont cut my bumper! Then i'll sell it on whole!

Will be removing the Aircon system tonight in preparation for fitting my air filter relocation kit and the front mount intercooler.

To remove the front bumper, is it just 1 bolt in each wheel arch then unclip the little plastic fasteners under the bonnet?

I do still have my plastic engine tray underneath, will this need undoing too?

So tonight i cracked on with;

• Removing Aircon
  • Mount Oil Catch Can

I used a guide off the forums to remove the Aircon, i printed it off and followed it step by step. I didn't remove the pump and put the shorter belt on, mainly because i honestly couldn't be bothered. I also think i kind of didn't have the confidence to take the pump off and replace with the shorer pump etc.

I'll probably chuck it in the garage for that to be done..

9C10F4C8-F499-410A-AEE3-9CC9ED0BD32D-336

All Aircon removed. Wasn't too bad, only one annoying tight bolt ontop of the Aircon pump caused me issues and just getting the old pipes out of all the tiny nooks and crannys as they are well hidden and routed around the bay! But got there in the end.

Here's some random pictures i also too;

E0567F8C-5614-42EA-B9DE-643DA2DEFF7F-336

I also mounted my Oil catch can ready to plum in once the lovely topmount has been destroyed on Saturday! - Also excuse the snapped of old aircon pipes in the bulkhead. I coudn't find my spanner set as we've just moved house and the garage is half full from the back end! - Once i have digged them out i will whip them off.

24E720F6-CA07-4F7E-AF46-46CC0DD5F20E-336

Also moved the air filter from the corner so i could fit my Oil catch can. This will be properly relocated at the weekend!

2A1500FA-F7DE-4CFF-AB9E-52CB3350C8FD-336

More updates to follow!

So this lovely parcel showed up today... Which will take me most of the evening to squeeze into the bay i'm sure!

A9F82913-E6A1-4930-9676-4B3C817CF689-365

CC620B71-9860-4D95-970D-5F8797D2518B-365

Managed to steal a dremmel of a friend.. Will be going to B&Q later to get some heads for it!

I'll update the thread with how it goes later!

Looking good mate. I'm guessing your going to cut your bumper up then

Yeah, I will go Varis. But right now, it's not essential. I have fuel cut issues etc i need to resolve really before i go along the lines of "styling".

But i will be buying one of you guys in a few months i think.