Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

I have done it all in one aswell and it is a killer mate i would defo get a travel lodge

I would also recommend llym truck stop I've stayed there many times on my visits to TD

It's a fair while off yet.. Still need to buy alot more stuffs.. But with Christmas coming i'm going to get the folks to buy me the SAARD FPR. Mwhaha!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fair while off yet.. Still need to buy alot more stuffs.. But with Christmas coming i'm going to get the folks to buy me the SAARD FPR. Mwhaha!

Yea boss its just around corner now, At least you the big bit out the way aye pal :)

Let me no about that oil line and pillar pod dude

Yea boss its just around corner now, At least you the big bit out the way aye pal :)

Let me no about that oil line and pillar pod dude

2 big bits in my eyes..

Turbo kit

Emanage and mapping..

But 1/2 is not bad so far.. But all the other "little" bits add up to more than the turbo kit or mapping! I'll be happy. Once i recieve the kit im going to break it all apart, give it all a good clean. Spray the manifold VHT (very high temp) crinkle black. and polish up the turb if possible!

Literally wee'ing myself with excitment!

2 big bits in my eyes..

Turbo kit

Emanage and mapping..

But 1/2 is not bad so far.. But all the other "little" bits add up to more than the turbo kit or mapping! I'll be happy. Once i recieve the kit im going to break it all apart, give it all a good clean. Spray the manifold VHT (very high temp) crinkle black. and polish up the turb if possible!

Literally wee'ing myself with excitment!

Haha good lad yea 1/2 way there now boss , Yea mate it does all add up but it be worth it in the end my man :)

Yes pal give it a clean up will look epic and fresh mate

Haha i bet you are boss keep me posted pal :)

Update!

Decided yesterday it was time for a clean! 3 weeks of dirt, grit,salt & mud. I went out Saturday morning an could barely make out cars out my rear window.. So gave her a clean! Didn't bother polishing. Too much plans, not enough time.

Here's a few shots;

B701C89E-9BCA-4DE7-8392-C249B784DA70-409

A4BC87B8-B2DA-4A79-AD2E-FC051AA39622-409

27F27C7E-DC5B-4097-8F94-A57F1BE3C18F-409

EB61F259-5724-4B25-A4A7-40F28CDE4036-409

A6C04F70-D2B7-4CD4-B96B-5AF78E142E32-409

11BB5197-B569-416A-9CBD-9CD7B76EDCC6-409

556CC295-FC8E-4BE8-885C-B672B6E59CAA-409

On a further note, will have the TD04 kit next week I imagine just awaiting payment on my actuator and I'll have the full amount to give to GlanzaBen. Can't wait to lay my hands on that bad boy.

Comments and opinions welcome :)

Crying out for a 98 spec splitter, looks awesome though!

Yeah your right, I'll do power. Then I'll do front/rear splitters and a livesports spoiler.

Unless I opt for a Varis which I'm tempted too!

Looks awesome mate!! :D

Thanks bud! Needed some full pictures updating!

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just payed for my TD04 turbo kit... Absolutely buzzing for it to arrive. Big thanks to GlanzaBen for giving me a week to stump up the funds. Huge dent out of my Christmas funds.. but we all know Car = Number 1......

On the hunt for a wastegate now and i'll be running it @ 0.6bar under cut until Febuary next year and i'll be HOPEFULLY going for a map @ TD!

Thanks Jamie, Pm me about that oil feed i need that.

Also know anyone with a ex/wastegate i need to buy one...

O yea i forgot about that mate will sort a picture tonight and PM you buddy :)

I dont mate i will keep my eyes open for you buddy

O yea i forgot about that mate will sort a picture tonight and PM you buddy :)

I dont mate i will keep my eyes open for you buddy

Cheers buddy!

If as long as it works an holds boost I'm happy. It's hidden down by the rad anyway so a lovely shiny one is abit pointless!

Cheers buddy!

If as long as it works an holds boost I'm happy. It's hidden down by the rad anyway so a lovely shiny one is abit pointless!

Your welcome mate

I do have a ebay one in the garage somewhere will do for the time being mate if any use as your only going to be runing 0.6bar

Well.... Another update!!

Took a little trip 30 minutes away to see Jamie..

Top lad, done me a right favour. Picked up my TD04 oil line, and an external wastegate for a bargain!

So I believe I have almost everything for my conversion now. Just starting to worry about getting my CT9 intercooler pipes to fit my TD04... Hoping I have enough silicone and pipe work to fit..

A couple of snaps;

7250A4C9-25BE-4C6E-8224-AD759C178179-738

D37B391D-9CFF-43B9-965D-1C8AF02F529E-738

Also, there was a meet a week so ago and two of my friends own the glanza's big brother. The white ones forged @ just shy of 400bhp....

03D7DDD6-4556-4445-BA25-82AC64F5726E-738

BF02DC85-EE28-4DF7-9EC0-14C017E69ADD-738

I'm hoping I can bolt it on Sunday... Fingers crossed!

Update;

After a mad panic thinking I had the wrong oil return, bought a new banjo bolt from ID. It was slightly too small and would've leaked like a mofo!

Bought a brand new one from TuningDevelopments that rocked up yesterday. Looks a lot different and the return side has a different fitting. So I'm all ready to go!

1A7B153E-D9F6-4B14-9787-9ADB4F1CD749-876

On a downside. Yodel are the worst courier i have ever come across! GlanzaBen posted it Thursday and still it hasn't arrived. Even on a next day delivery. They've just updated it saying 'In transit, but possible delay.' I would never use them.

I had planned on fitting it this Sunday, but it'll be pushed back until next week now! Which is a killer! Was excited. But, good things come to those that wait I guess. (Although, I'm too impatient to wait!)

So.. It's D-Day (TD04 Day)..

Finally received my kit from GlanzaBen. Cannot fault his service and communication. We was both hugely letdown by Yodel. They can suck my left one.

Kit looks all good, cant comment too much yet, as i haven't bolted her on yet.. But its almost 2pm.. Come 5pm.. I'll be high tailing it home to get started!
Received my heat wrap on Friday so whilst i wasn't too busy at work, i decided to heat wrap the manifold,decat and screamer pipe & ex/wastegate piping.

I'm no expert, but it's come out ok.. Although, im itching like HELL now.. I wish i hadn't of touched the stuff.. horrible!!!!

Here's a few teaser pics, and i'll update you all later on how it goes.. Or i'll be updating with lots of sad faces! If it went wrong!

Kit ready to go, Excluding wastegate which will be bolted on when im home;

86650648-D4D1-42D0-99D4-13E8227F6671-250

Then whole kit done...

D7BE7BCA-EEBE-409D-A9E2-BC780815434C-250

Good to see it finally turned up mate,

if any one ever use yodel don't listen to there next day delivery as ain't next day

Don't get me started. I could've killed the polish c>nt of a driver when he delivered it all happy. (I know it wasn't his fault!)

Can't WAIT for work to finish haha!

So here's how it went.

Adam-GT came over with some better tools otherwise I would've been flubbered!

Standard setup was a serious pain the ass. Was hoping we could unbolt it all in one go, but in the end we had to remove the CT9 away from the OEM manifold, mainly because getting to the manifold nuts was impossible. Managed to get it a off in the end looking like this;

20FE2F56-247E-4970-A5D0-F3554FB9D6E6-362

698769B7-849A-435B-995C-E625C1959785-362

So next up was fitting the kit. This is where we encountered our next problem. I had removed the aircon but not taken off the pump. The TD04 would of fouled it and not fitted. So off that came! Took awhile to get that off, one bolt baffled us but In the end it was the easiest one to get too, we just didn't think it was supporting it!

3477168A-FFCF-4DBC-8B6B-6EE2AA3256DF-362

It all went on quite easily and bolting the Zisco was a lot easier! Only one manifold nut was a pain. But Adam worked his magic and got it as tight as we physically could...

Then we had to fabricate the TD04 intercooler piping out of the mile long CT9 long route I had laying about! To be fair nothing a hacksaw didn't sort it!

86F59F1A-7DA9-4092-A28E-33183C4AA03F-362

So this is how she's sat now...

0483B0DF-185D-4978-84BB-5A45FA66B76F-362

Basically it needs the shorter auxiliary belt, which HOPEFULLY I can pickup from a local motorfactors tomorrow, hopefully someone had a UK starlet 2 pulley belt.

Treble check all bolts, and she'll be ready to prime and start.

Hoping it all goes to plan! Can't wait for the test drive!

Hope you like the update.