MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right,we got here at just gone midday to watch the trackday happening until 4pm.hasnt stopped raining since we got here hahahaha and its still is now so it should be interesting on track. seen lots of sideways action from fwd cars aswell as rwds.

been noise tested and my side exit was 98 db.

the static here is 102 db and driveby is 92 db so its just aswell I bought a db killer incase.

we get on sighting lap at 5.30pm so may clear up a little by then..

poor dude in a fiesta hit the gravel trap and rolled his car at paddock hill.he was ok though. anyway...........................

the car performed superbly,

luckily the track dryed right out hour and half before the end so i was genuinely flat out and pedal to the floor.

as i said earlyier i was 98 db static test but yet never got flagged for noise on drivebys and the limit was 92 db drive by.

the car intake temps were back to being 45 degrees which was constant so a more effiecient intercooler is defo a muct if i do it again. AMBIENT TEMPS WERE 15 DEGREES.

oil sat at circa 80-90 degrees

boost was consistent and faultless with my manual boost controller and ebay wastegate.well happy with that.

rad temps went to 98 degrees and didnt really change from that,gotta remember i DO have water lines to turbo .

nankang tyres were epicly good,very impressed with those,sidewalls are stiff as hell...i ran 29 psi in those and they did get some lovely heat into ,also the brakes mintex 1155 were superb also after having a heat cycle to the point they were heavily smoking and discs were glowing lol,DIDNT suffer brake fade which is great news.

so to sumerise i need a much better intercooler and possibly a dual core rad.

pics and vids will be up soon

Edited by mikey4410

yeah thats done that since the installation of the engine polybushes,I too do love that whine.

yeah it does go well and really took the punishment well,thouroughly enjoyed myself and found my cars limits in wet and dry conditions.

thanks for kind comments.

by the way I was GETTING ROUND IN 1.03 SECS .

Edited by mikey4410

those curb marks were on there when I bought them and paid £30, thats why I sprayed em black.

I am STILL running the n/a gearbox .its done well. did have an issue with going into second 6 months or so ago , that has apparently self healed and now the only issue is the crunch into third which u can hear in the brands video above.

Edited by mikey4410

Looks good matey.. didn't get too much traffic, bey u loved it..

I always seem to get traffic and rarely get a clear run..

Plan to hit bra d's after lydden hill which is Monday. .

Let me know if you do another one ill come down if I'm avaliable