Josh's Faded JDM Racecar! スターレット 15/05/14

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

relax mate, paint job isnt an issue unless you want a little show queen. but if the car has mad parts and big power then it can still be a show stopper in its own right even with a crap paint job. gonna paint mine next year with foam rollers (like you use for arts and crafts) and im not even joking. rather have it looking insane and stand out than pristine paint and boring. keep at it!

and as for people abusing your car, who cares? theyve probably got some boring 1.6 mk4 golf on gaySDM's and air ride. and a couple years from now they'll have maybe upgraded to a audi a4 but it'll still be boring as hell and your little beast will have some mad engine and be a track weapon. and its something you can be proud of and say 'I built that' as opposed to their imagination-less car that someone else did all the work on that they only have to please somebody else for fear of being different. mines fucking pink, rusty and covered in dents, i get a fair amount of abuse. just man up and tell them to fuck off :)

would love to see yours become one of the maddests starlets around and for it to happen ya cant give up on it.

itll all pay off when you roll upto Japfest in it and you can show it off :)

Sam.

relax mate, paint job isnt an issue unless you want a little show queen. but if the car has mad parts and big power then it can still be a show stopper in its own right even with a crap paint job. gonna paint mine next year with foam rollers (like you use for arts and crafts) and im not even joking. rather have it looking insane and stand out than pristine paint and boring. keep at it!

and as for people abusing your car, who cares? theyve probably got some boring 1.6 mk4 golf on gaySDM's and air ride. and a couple years from now they'll have maybe upgraded to a audi a4 but it'll still be boring as hell and your little beast will have some mad engine and be a track weapon. and its something you can be proud of and say 'I built that' as opposed to their imagination-less car that someone else did all the work on that they only have to please somebody else for fear of being different. mines fucking pink, rusty and covered in dents, i get a fair amount of abuse. just man up and tell them to fuck off :)

would love to see yours become one of the maddests starlets around and for it to happen ya cant give up on it.

Sam.

preach it!

Sam.

Haha cheers buddy!, appreciate the comments,

but im that literally done with it, looking to scrap it in the next few weeks, take some of the parts of sell em etc,

Gonna buy a 1.4 zr or summit as a daily while i save for a glanza!, (Yes head gaskets im not worried about etc. i work with someone whos got a turbo zr who knows the ins and outs so no issue! :)

Was thinking to myself about what i wanna do in the future, if i can find a another clean n/a like my blue one ill buy one but want boost if im gonna track it!, Used to the power now and its fun going past all the chavy corsa's by me, but most kids round my way are sponsered by mummy and daddy and have 1.2 polo turbo 62 plate things!

But hay ho! ill defo be looking at yours buddy!, Want a n/a as a project, cant do the whole daily thing, havent really even got space to work on my car at my house! :/

Haha sorry to say lads she's probs gonna go, I got fuck all money Atm, maybe I'll be back but won't be for a while, can't be fucked to even look at the piece of shit, driving with masking tape still on.

Insurance are cunts and no where will insure me with mods without it being ass rape, so I'm done on this lads, gonna put a couple of parts up for sale :/

Bye bye faded shit box, soon to be gone'

BOOM done!!Don't have to spend mega bucks to be happy with it man. It's the little things sometimes.What is your job and how old are you Josh?

I'm just not happy with it at all anymore mate! That's the final straw for that!

Little things won't change this heap! It always will be one!

I'm a Hgv mechanic apprentice on my 2nd year', and I'm 18, just got my 1st year no claims,

And I have no money lmao!

Sell it as standard. Spares or repair for a couple hundred.buy a clean one for £500. Stick ya bits back on and job done. Then instead of saving for a glanza (£2k?) Save for a forged 4e or 5e to drop in. Save a heck of a lot of money in the long run mate. And itll cost you a couple hundred to swap rather than getting scrap value and shelling out for a daily that's gonna be reliable and fun.

Oh and aviva for insurance, it was gonna be 1600 all mods declared for me this year (20 and 1 year ncb) with all other insurers. cost me 880 all in with them. :)

Sell it as standard. Spares or repair for a couple hundred.buy a clean one for £500. Stick ya bits back on and job done. Then instead of saving for a glanza (£2k?) Save for a forged 4e or 5e to drop in. Save a heck of a lot of money in the long run mate. And itll cost you a couple hundred to swap rather than getting scrap value and shelling out for a daily that's gonna be reliable and fun.

Oh and aviva for insurance, it was gonna be 1600 all mods declared for me this year (20 and 1 year ncb) with all other insurers. cost me 880 all in with them. :)

Doubt I'll get fook all for it mate! Just gave up on these cars altogether now, I got shit luck with them! Nothing will ever be as good as my first blue N/a :(, it's wasting time and money! I could make a beast project, but have no time, money, or space! I need a cleaner shell which I have no money for!

Thinking I'm gonna sell my japfest stand ticket aswell, not even gonna bother going. It's gonna piss me off even more than it was going with it faded, rust on arch, screwdriver marks, where I left my keys In there!

Just done:/

Josh let me know when you sell it and il collect it ASAP, gimme first dibs on it :) pleaseee

I'll Pm you pics Tomoz mate! Don't want you wasting time coming up to view this shed! Want everything to be clear!

It's no problem buddy il come and get it straight away as I have some plans for it, strip it completely out, paint it matte black and rally it

And I also have a nice little 206 her with loads of mot and a few weeks tax and is a clean little run around if you fancy a swap? If not il buy it cash

It's no problem buddy il come and get it straight away as I have some plans for it, strip it completely out, paint it matte black and rally it And I also have a nice little 206 her with loads of mot and a few weeks tax and is a clean little run around if you fancy a swap? If not il buy it cash

Prefer cash mate, as saving now :)

Hmm Whats this?

Its not a update is it??

Okay maybe it is ;)

Okay guys so been a real spunk lately about what im doing with my car, and after a few long hours speaking to people discussing ideas etc, i came up with a solution. During college yesterday me mum text me telling me i can get insured on my starlet cheap with mods, so after a bit of fiddling, managed to sort my insurance out with mods declared fully comp! So that means, cheap insurance, and ill have money for mods! Always a bonus. Okay was gonna keep it a secret of what im doing with my car, but gotta let you guys know, Sorry dan ill keep her for now :p, After being told to man the fuck up, and it isn't that bad etc, i grew a pair, and have made a list! Work shall commence on starbo, providing weathers alright tomorrow after work, and should commence through to Sunday, to bring you guys a decent little update and something to read for 5 mins :). Got bored today after college so took some snaps on me camera and edited them! Cant wait to take loads of pics at japfest! :p.

Enjoy these pics for now peeps!! ;)

JoshsBayDoe_zps5c9fd5d8.jpg

JoshsInsideDoe_zps8b9968af.jpg

JoshsRearDoe_zps8facad2b.jpg

JoshsOtherSideDoe_zpsa6d5fa0a.jpg

JoshsSideDoe_zps9053fc89.jpg

BraceYourselvesJosh_zps75608205.jpg