Water in spare wheel well

If you leave it sitting there then yeah it'll eventually rust. For now ive just taken the grommet out because my car is off the road but i'll need to look into it.

Check all around the rear lights, bet it'll be comin in through there.

I had a quick look and looks like its coming from under the rear plastics by the drivers side rear window? Suppose that could be fed from the rear light. Will check out these grommets and put some extra sealant around them.

You can tell if its coming from the light cluster. If you look in the boot under where the light sits, you can see the rubber grommet, it kinda thins out to a point where it gets pushed through. Mine had water/droplets on the tip of this rubber.

If its coming from the window area I would probably guess its a poor sealing rubber on the window, although I would expect the water to head down into the inner arch or the rear seat well if it was coming from there.

Edited by AdamB

Try taking the rear lights out and buying a tube of black silicone sealant from a motor factors or halfrauds, Clean up the original seal and the paint where the light seal pushes up to the car. Then on the original seal put a even amount of silicone around, and refit your lights.