whats the best coilovers to get?

Tein superstreet are the ticket for a road/b road car, sound similar to the meisters.

ive BCs on my gt and its actually realtively soft, i like it alot, nothing crashy or bangy.

but thats not the same as wallaces opinion, so make what you will of it, made you can get different spring rates/damping/setup options, but mine def arent as severe as some Cusco/Trd sets ive sat in, infact that remind me of tein superstreets also lol

Phil

Tein superstreet are the ticket for a road/b road car, sound similar to the meisters.

ive BCs on my gt and its actually realtively soft, i like it alot, nothing crashy or bangy.

but thats not the same as wallaces opinion, so make what you will of it, made you can get different spring rates/damping/setup options, but mine def arent as severe as some Cusco/Trd sets ive sat in, infact that remind me of tein superstreets also lol

Phil

I would agree the BC's are softer than Cusco's but the damping on them isn't quite the same as the Meisters, they're close but the BC's were a bit more crashy and less compliant on bumpy roads, actual roll stiffness was similar. The cuscos were a completely different ball game - and would be amazing on track where the meisters do feel a little too soft but for the road the cuscos are too stiff and don't like bumps.

That's from my personal experience of the one's I've had on the car.

Also I agree on the fact that the JDM brands won't last over here, my cusco's looked brand new when I got them and the damper failed after probably 15k miles, a second hand replacement then lasted half that.

Edited by WallaceGlanza

I would agree the BC's are softer than Cusco's but the damping on them isn't quite the same as the Meisters, they're close but the BC's were a bit more crashy and less compliant on bumpy roads, actual roll stiffness was similar. The cuscos were a completely different ball game - and would be amazing on track where the meisters do feel a little too soft but for the road the cuscos are too stiff and don't like bumps.

That's from my personal experience of the one's I've had on the car.

Also I agree on the fact that the JDM brands won't last over here, my cusco's looked brand new when I got them and the damper failed after probably 15k miles, a second hand replacement then lasted half that.

that ties in with my experiences pretty much Wallace, jay had cuscos on his trackstar that were, HARD.

Local mate (sharkman) has meisters on his V, nice ride, similar to my BCs but then i havent done alot of miles on either to call either way between them.

but the couple of cars ive been in with superstreets, have always left me feeling that they are the starlet road coilies to compare all others too, an absolute ideal in my mind.

2nd hand condition and rebuild costs for tein is however why i wont be switching from my BCs to them. lol

Phil

MeisterR are the best option in my opinion, they are perfect for road use, and the customer service is very good. Plus if you do need to replace anything it's easy, whereas if you need to replace parts on JDM ones you are fucked.

KSport or D2 are good too (are both essentially the same). Other than that I'd go for MeisterR. And that's only because if they fail youcan get spares and they are sold new in Europe, both K-Sport/D2 and Meister-R.

Well, at least in Germany D2 are cheaper than Meister-R.