Should i open the box?

Hi all,

I've'e not been on that regularly at the moment due to work but mine and Alex's good friend on the other side of the planet has sent me and Alex some pictures for us to drool over.

Does anyone want to peek???

DSCN5768-1024.jpg

;) B)B):pB):blink::lol: ;) B)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Joz - Yep you did. It's has been a long process but they are finally ready for shipping.

It's gonna take around 6-8 weeks for them to arrive and then there is customs who may hold them like they did with my wheels. And afteer that it's getting them in the two cars. We are ordering two front mount intercoolers and im getting my dump valve for christmas. Alex is gonna order his.

As you can see it's the complete package so there is no sensors or piping we have to get as he has chucked everything in the box. We are so excited i can't describe it as we started talks with him in summer and he set working on them in September. The only thing that slowed it down was us paying for them as our bank accounts are totally different so it took a while for each transfer. Other than that it has been a smooth trasaction.

We have over 350 photos of the entire build process from stripping it down to painting all the parts and putting it back together. I may put a very small selection up another time. I'll also sort out the videos of the engines running aswell.

Bourkey

Thanks Geo.

He has done engines and sent them to locations all over the world. He will even put performance parts on them aswell if you want. Also if the is things you don't need he will take offf and discount accordingly. Like we didn't need the top mount and the standard BOV so he took them off and gave us a good discount.

I think he does but im not 100% sure. I'll ask him next time i speak to him if you like. :blink:

Just incase anyone was wondering the Black one is mine and the red one is Alex's.

Thanks for the comments.

The engines themselves are fairly standard. But they have been completely stripped down and rebuilt using new parts. All gaskets and seals have been replaced, the internals have been cleaned to look like new, the bearings have been replaced, a new clutch has gone on them, and iridium spark plugs are in them aswell. Each external part of the engine has been stripped and painted including the gearbox and also some cogs under the plastic cam cover at the side. We requested the colour for the top of each engine and he can do it most colours.

The parts that aren't going to be standard are the front mount intercoolers and the dump valves which we are getting ourselves. They are also gonna have new hi flow exhaust manifolds after the engines have been run in, aswell as de-cat pipes.

The engines usually cost £1000. But we got a discount for ordering two at the same time and further discounts for the parts we didn't need.

Included in the price is pretty much everything you need to do the swap. The engines include the gearbox, all the sensors, the ecu, all piping (he has even thrown in some spare), The rebuild itself, the shipping and finally he also includes the hardest part. You send him your wiring loom and he will merge it with the 4EFTE one for you so it works in the N/A, which is pretty dam good.

I will post some more pictures of the rebuild tonight for you to have a ganders at.

Bourkey

Just incase anyone was wondering the Black one is mine and the red one is Alex's.

I guessed that :lol:

So Alex's car going to be some sort of red colour? ;)

Does that price include the shipping/import duties etc?? Will be very interested in dealing with this guy next year :blink:

I guessed that

So Alex's car going to be some sort of red colour?

Does that price include the shipping/import duties etc?? Will be very interested in dealing with this guy next year

I'll let Alex reveal his colour when he is ready. :blink:

The price does include shipping aswell but the import costs i have been told will be around £100-£120.

If anyone is looking to deal with him i'll happily give you his details. It is also better if you order two at the same time as he will give you a discount.