Should i open the box?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news there, can't wait to see the end result :unsure:

if everyting goes well maybe you should approach him about doing more 4efte conversions.

and have a ballpark figure for the conversion, im sure he'll get alot of interest.

Ditto :)

Thanks for the comments guys!!!!

We will keep you posted on everything that happens.

If anyone wants to do a conversion or a group of you want to do it then using mine and Alex's contacts we would be able to sort it out for you all. I may start a group conversion in the summer when we have the time as there is still plenty to do on our cars yet.

Bourkey

@ Gee - Yes we could but we were quoted over double the price we paid for the same work from quite a few places so even though it took a little longer we have saved so much.

Me an Bourkey are gonna suggest the idea of a group conversion sometime soon so we will be asking for any interest.

Alex

Thanks again for all the kind comment people. We appreciate them.

Anyway i've just got all the shipping documents from the guy who did it. I've got to send copies of them to the delivery agent who will pick them up from the docks in Southampton and bring them up to Manchester.

I've also got a cd from him aswell with hundreds of pictures of the engines been built step by step. They are really interesting to look at aswell. I also have got loads of videos on the disk aswell of the engines being started, running and being gently revved.

I'll post our next update as soon as we get it.

Bourkey

Another Update,

A mixture of good and not so good news.

Firstly the engines are only being brought to Southampton docks and not delivered to Manchester as we first thought. So now we have to arrange the 500 mile trip to get them from Southampton and bring them up here. We are also trying to see if we can find a courier who will pick them up and deliver them as that would be much easier seeing as the box is the same size as a pallet and weights about half the weight of my car.

Due to this we will now be missing Bluewater as we are going to be using this weekend to sort this out. At least we will be turbo'd up for the summer Bluewater meet.

Anyway the good news is the ship is scheduled to dock on the 11th of February which is good as that is now less than a week away. A bit scary as there is so much to do but it's good news anyway.

We just can't wait to turn the key and listen to the engine running and the dump valve TSSSSSHHHHHHHH.

I've never driven a turbo car so im bouncing with excitement.

5 Days to go!!!!

Bourkey

Mj does have the power to assist me. I'll find out today or tomorrow as the company in charge of the box once it gets here have said they may be able to arrange shipping to my front door.

If not then Super MJ to the rescue.

We are getting superly dooperly excited now!!!!!!

Bourkey

Click on the link on my sig as he has got a website now. The one that says fully rebuilt engines.

Your right the service has been excellent from the very start. He always responds to any questions quickly and has kept us informed every step of the way.

I would recommend him to anyone doing the conversion or just wanting to get a 4EFTE for there Glanza. He also does other engines aswell like the 3SGTE.

Bourkey

THE SHIP IS IN!!!!!!!!!

The weather was perfect all weekend and today so it docked perfectly on time. It's gonna take about 2-3 days to get to the container the box is inside though.

The next bit of news is this:

Rent charges which are incurred soon after the container devannes.

Terminal handling £55.00

Delivery order 45.00

Customs presentation 5.00

Customs clearance 60.00

Delivery to kerb side with a tail lift vehicle 150.00

Customs duty 16.61

Custons vat 110.61

Admin fee 15.00

Security 3.50

Uk port surcharge 6.50

Total 487.22

Yes that is a grand total of £487.22 we have to pay to get the engines into my garage. It was a bit of a shock as we weren't expecting it to be that much but we have to pay it or we aren't getting them. The only thing im gonna try an do is to see if it would be worth going down in a friends van instead as we may be able to know a large chunk out of it.

We are getting so close to getting our hands on them now so as you can imagine we are bouncing about with excitement!!!!!

Bourkey