FKU silver mk3 gt turbo - my long and slow progress build

hi there guys

my names jon

ive been a part of the forum for a few months now so its about time i started this

my story starts with my old love for hondas

i originaly owned a dc2, being 20 and owning a dc2 is awsome but i really fancied a change so i went ahead and got myself a civic jordan

heres one from a local jdmc meet

2remc82.jpg

and another from japfest 1

11ue2p5.jpg

then that was sadly crashed into while i was at traffic lights, to say i was gutted is a major understatement! but oh well i then moved onto a ep3

2ylsidc.jpg

this was a fun and very fast car but i soon got bored so my search for something different started

i searched for weeks and came across drew 007's lovely little gt turbo

straight away after seeing the pics and talking to him via txt i knew i wanted it, and so eventually i got a viewing, his garage set up is amazing the car was clean, drove exactly how i wanted it so we made a deal,

a few months later after starting to really love the car i was going down the motor way and a horrible ticking noise came and as you can guess the engine went, this really set me back, but i managed to source a new engine with 40k miles on it out of a 98 glanza and my dads friend helped me do the swap, i cant thank my parents enough for making me want to keep this car and not give up with it, by the way i pay for my cars myself not one of these little rich boys,

but anyway here she is

mmeptz.jpg

and one of me and my friends cleaning the cars

30l1ord.jpg

heres one of mine and my friend dans ( collins611 ) td04 glanza

1z2emfa.jpg

and here we are now, ive just ordered some new magnecor red leads as i have a missfiring issue and hopefully that sorts it out, everything i manage to do to my car ill try and get some pics and post it up here

specs

rota grid 7j wheels on 195/50 toyo t1rs

blitz fmic

blitz nur spec-r exhaust

decat

no air box

standard otherwise

sr shocks with tein springs

whiteline rear ARB

thanks for looking and hopefully i can make this interesting enough for you guys!

Edited by jb4
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks alot mate, having abit of a struggle money wise right now as everything seems to be breaking on me ect. but as soon as im sorted ill be getting some bits for the car, need to remove my air con, buy a short route intercooler pipe, air filter relocation and a civic rad, hoses and thermostat, thats all next

im considering getting just a livesports spoiler for now to give it abit of a more agressive look then follow on with the full kit, does anyone have any pics of a standard starlet with just the spoiler? i cant find one myself

considering also an emanage untimate so i have a good basis for any mods i decide to do, id like to forge the engine and get a new turbo towards the end of the year then next year aim for that 300bhp id love to have so thats my plans anyways guys,

i always seemed to build my civics from nothing to something worth looking at in no time, but this is taking time and i need to research and learn alot more about this car, but i love it, cant help but smile when i see that jolly intercooled face in the morning and after work

heres a quick pic with my new mirrors, my drives windows broke also so tried to fix it and theres a clip on the window guide snapped so ill have to have a think and try again some other time, also noticed my intercoolers wonky in this pic, ill sort that out asap

5p3diu.png

ohjkpe.jpg

considering spraying the light surrounds black, in two minds tho

• 2 weeks later...

small update

finally got my hands on a cruise gear knob im really happy with,

fixed my headlights so no more getting pulled over all the time!

also got new ball joints and track rod ends to be fitted this weekend

and ive got a whiteline ARB on the rear :D

next is a front whiteline ARB , anti lift kit and powerflex polypush kit