plug and play ecu, been sold faulty?

id rather get the ecu running on my car than have to go back to square one and find another one!, just wondering if anyone has anything i can try to see if i can get it working?

The wire thing is specific to the hrf ecu designed only for the mk1 gt ive read. Its a PLUG AND PLAY ecu so why would i have to cut my loom? Its been sold to me as tested working on a mk3 quadlight ep82 so unless my car has a one of a kind loom i dont think its going to do nothingl other than risk causing damage to my car! And also in no post on here have i said im willing to try "anything"

Because although its a plug and play. the looms and ecus are different accross the 3 models, have you got a photo of the model code on the ecu?
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a stock fpr and try or drop your fuel pressure below stock, a plug and play will be rich and it could be over fuelling and bogging it out on start up, u could also try check for codes, if not try the wires around it will only take a few minutes.

On the mines one? Whereabouts will it be please? And yes i understand that but ive been told it was tested on a mk3 quadlight from the same year as mine!!

There will be a sticker on the ecu, the number will start 89661-10***

From both the mines and your standard ecu

am miles away in scotland so post is only realistic way ha. personaly i wouldnt touch my loom id see if you can find someone to to test it on there car. even if its a bit of a trek id rather spend 2 hours driving that dick around with loom wires so close to the ecu.

Where will they be on my stock ecu theres a piece of rubber glued to it

And not particularly mate it turns over really well just wont fire :( i got one splutter from it but it was barely alive and died immediately

Edited by Sandham

Where will they be on my stock ecu theres a piece of rubber glued to it

And not particularly mate it turns over really well just wont fire :( i got one splutter from it but it was barely alive and died immediately

Itll be a probably green sticker on the main face of the ecu

Also does your have this white sticker?

DSCF0462_zpsb8ab2b76.jpg

Itll be a probably green sticker on the main face of the ecu

Also does your have this white sticker?

DSCF0462_zpsb8ab2b76.jpg

Nope no stickers at all on it, ill go have a look at the stock ecu and see what it says.. Will also try winding my fuel pressure down a little bit because when fired the pressure bounces between 2.5 and 2.6ish bar.. And if it was a map sensor wouldnt the car be affected with the stock ecu fitted? As its spot on with the stock ecu

True but I would check map sensor voltage with the two ecu's, it would rule out if the plug and play is using proper Mao sensor voltage, or maybe there the wires that need swapping, am unsure but am just throwing these ideas out.

I've had funny issues with a forum members Glanza and an fcd it would never operate and would run like a bag of shit when wired up.

Changed the glanza MAP for a GT sensor and it ran fine with the original map sensor and no fcd it ran fine. Maybe worth trying another map IF you can borrow one.

I've had funny issues with a forum members Glanza and an fcd it would never operate and would run like a bag of shit when wired up.

Changed the glanza MAP for a GT sensor and it ran fine with the original map sensor and no fcd it ran fine. Maybe worth trying another map IF you can borrow one.

Do you think it's actually hitting fuel cut before turning over, I think for instants running a fcd along with the ecu would make a change? And if it did start you could set the fuel pressure to whatever boost is running just a hunch...I know ecu's eliminate that but I have seen a fcd ran with a plug n play before...or it could well be the sensor :) Edited by Gainzy

These are the numbers on the mines ecu

CAE32BCB-495C-4096-A2E2-52955CB706DB.jpg

2467B568-7A4E-425A-BB24-5FC7E871BA03.jpg

And these are the standard ones

D1667F75-B57C-4B58-B771-30A05BFBA863.jpg

04F13AB0-20C9-4830-B8A5-9BE8869B214A.jpg

And ill see if i can get hold of one but how do i test it with the multi meter? Getting sick of swapping the ecus back and forth now :(

And surely if its hitting fuel cut before starting that makes the ecu faulty because it runs sweet on the stock ecu...

With the mines ecu fitted it turns over really healthy it just wont actually start