plug and play ecu, been sold faulty?

hi, i fitted a mines plug and play to my ep82 gt today that i purchased from micky boy..

the car just turns over but wont start. was running fine on my standard ecu and is continuing to run fine now ive refitted it, ive spoken to micky whos adamant its working however ive been forced to open a dispute on paypal!

id rather get the ecu running on my car than have to go back to square one and find another one!, just wondering if anyone has anything i can try to see if i can get it working?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i have already said James i tried the ecu on my mates GT and all was fine. I have been done over a few times over the years with ecu's as a few people know on here so im very cautious when it comes to buying and selling ecus.aswell as anything i buy realy

I understand your car was off the road so you didnt have chance to try the ecu on your car earlier but with it been sat around for over 4weeks anything could of happened to the ecu for all i know! And yes i know you have said you havent touched it since you got it in the post but i dont know that.

Edited by micky boy

Why has this been placed in the feedback section when i required help to try get it working so i can close the dispute on paypal and get it running on my car! Been looking forward to fit it since new year and its come to being fitted and my car wont fire up just turns over forever

Im not doubting micky but at the end of the day ive been sold an ecu and it wont work... The car turns over and primes the pump just wont fire :/

Also im the only person i know of with a gt round leeds/ bradford unless anyone knows someone on here willing to try it?

Edited by Sandham

I can vouch for mickey boy, bought of him before. I don't think he would try to make a quick buck by flogging a dodgy ECU and damaging his reputation.

I hope it gets sorted for you though.

Edit: just a thought, if you have a FPR it could now be over fueling.

Edited by Chris Green

I can vouch for mickey boy, bought of him before. I don't think he would try to make a quick buck by flogging a dodgy ECU and damaging his reputation.

I hope it gets sorted for you though.

Edit: just a thought, if you have a FPR it could now be over fueling.

BINGO... that could well be the problem.. these ECU's dont work with aftermarket FPR's well they do but they really over fuel and run like shit and somethimes not run at all.. it may be flooding

The wire thing is specific to the hrf ecu designed only for the mk1 gt ive read. Its a PLUG AND PLAY ecu so why would i have to cut my loom? Its been sold to me as tested working on a mk3 quadlight ep82 so unless my car has a one of a kind loom i dont think its going to do nothingl other than risk causing damage to my car! And also in no post on here have i said im willing to try "anything"

Whereabouts are you shaun? Bit unsure wether id like to just stick it in the post

Edited by Sandham