Mikey4410 (did my rear camber!)

I know people will be asking so here goes!

Mikey is a top bloke! Was in and out within 7hrs, we got my rear beam modified and refitted with polybushes. The axle is now fully adjustable for camber.

It's made a massive difference, I've only been able to run steelies for now on the back but I can already tell it's beneficial! The car back end just bites into the ground now where it used to feel like the back was pushing forwards and making the front wash wide. I haven't gone crazy of course given the tyres are sub 150 wide lol. Will update the thread once I have my alloys back on there but so far so good!

Mikey is a great guy to deal with, straight to the point and no messing about. He obviously knows what he's doing! Needless to say your EP is in good hands should you decide to get the same done :)

And some pics to finish off the feedback..

20140309_090857_Ingrid_zpsed1f4527.jpg

IMG-20140309-WA0005_zps016b8060.jpg

IMG-20140309-WA0007_zpsa570af7c.jpg

Edited by Amjad

thanks amjad appreciate it dude !!!!!

was an absolute pleasure meeting such a thoroughly nice guy

and if anybody wants this done i can do the same for them.makes a HUGE difference to how your starlrt drives/handles

thanks and all the best to you amjad

What have you actually done to achieve the camber?

tapered shims with longer bolts is the safe way to do it. yaris/BB boys have been doing this for years on fixed rear beams

check out http://www.realcamber.com/ don't think yaris/bb/xb shims will work with starlet rear beam.

not sure where mikey's got his camber shims from as ive never seen starlet ones.........

The axle on starlets is fixed. You can't unbolt the hub/stub axle then fit shims like on them or corsa's etc.

Once I knew how it was achieved then I would consider having it done.

to get rear camber it would mean chopping off the stub axle. Having 4 threaded holes with camber shims

Edited by russ78

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR THIS MOD I HAVE DONE IS SAFE.TRYED AND TESTED FOR OVER 6 MONTHS.

I WOULDNT HAVE DONE IT IF I THOUGHT IT WAS DANGEROUS OR UNSAFE NOW WOULD I.

I am more than happy to do this mod for anybody who requires

Yeah. Not saying anything like that but this is something that could/will benefit many members. Not everybody can warrant driving across the country to have the work carried out.

Why not post some pics? (I'm sure you have your reasons)

I'm just saying, I'm more than happy to help/advise/spread light and get pictures on 4age conversions where possible so what's the big secret?

yes you do have to have a rear camber modified axle.

coilys stay the same and dont need to be touched as they arent affected by the camber adjustment on the beam itself.

and as for testing its been 7 plus months of daily driving over speedbumps, up down kerbs countless times, motorway miles, big uk potholes (delightfull uk roads for ya ! ) and my car being 6 people up at one point after a lot of drunken mates needed collecting and taking home.

not to mention the tensile strength of 4 x 12mm bolts collectively

the cut is very precise and took an hour to cut each end.

the beam was checked on a 3d alignment machine at my mate neils garage/place of work.

was spot on as I thought and more importantly knew.

my 3d alignment for my bb cost £55 what does your buddy charge mikey ?

might be useful for future reference would be handy having a cheap local guy for alignment :)