NATO Green Sportif - budget kanjo inspired build!

I am MEGA happy with today's progress!!!

My mate Dan came over in his 160 quid wonder which he was tinkering with...and I did my wheels, what a difference a bit of graft makes!!!

See the pic above with the tank for a before shot...

And now...

20140426_123440.jpg

20140426_144301.jpg

20140426_161825.jpg

20140426_161813.jpg

Love it - and the start of my little yellow highlights!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bits of progress being made - a lot is the paint, bits that don't show on pics but bug the crap out of me - its only a roller job so there's still a lot of door shuts / nooks and crannies to do!

Also fitted my tow strap, painted my wipers and scuttle panel, painted the front crossmember as it showed through the bumper and was still the original 6p2 green...and added some yellow flashes...

Have some fresh off the jacks, dirty, not very well taken pictures :)

20140430_154734.jpg

20140430_160246.jpg

20140430_160411.jpg

20140430_161700.jpg

20140430_161713.jpg

20140430_161722.jpg

No offence but what is Kanjo about this?

Radial tyres and a rusty fuel cap cover?

Admittedly not much...yet...not that the rusty filler has anything to do with kanjo styling anyway...but as a whole it is only maybe 40% done...it will get there and start to make sense! Interior...cage...window nets...splitter...all bubbling away...then some more power! Edited by micrat

Really like this, nice to see someone do it differently! Just wondering, what did you bolt the towstrap onto mate?

Cheers :) I'll try and snap a pic of it but basically drilled a bolt sized hole through the front crossmember (all the way through as its box section) then opened the lower hole up until it was big enough to get a socket up into. Pushed the bolt up and through with a socket...spannered it up...boom.

Slow progress at the mo, family chaos, hospital trips and that!

Managed to paint the door shuts etc, I have a spoiler being made at the moment out of some ally, designed it with cardboard templating and sticky tape so we'll see how that goes (potentially awesome but whats in my head and what will happen are 2 different things) and just trying to get all the sound deadening off the roof which is a shite job.

This weekend the inside should get painted and then seats and steering wheel can go in.

Have a few pics and 1 of my inspiration, my fave Kanjo styled civic (they don't all have the lairy paintjobs etc!)

welvWI4.jpg

20140515_151508.jpg

20140515_151519.jpg

20140515_152000.jpg

Fail for using red oxide primer too - overspray is mega obvious lol!

Yeah I am just attacking it with the wirey attachment on my drill and then thinners! Like a load of granny pubes! Grim. Best thing is don't have to be all careful and preserve the paint as it will all be black soon anyway inside :)

• 2 weeks later...