passport runs out 1 month before holiday??

yo dawgs

my passport runs out on july and I go to the usa on june...

would this still be ok or think I should get a new one ??

imagine getting there on the day and they say I cant fly

ILL

what you think?

They advise 3 weeks to get it back but any mistakes your screwed. I'd just order a new one they stack months on to your new one and its for 10years anyway. I just had to get mine using the fast track service so your garanteed it in 5days

Pretty sure they can refuse to let you fly with only a short amount of life left on your passport.

What happens if your in an accident or something while your there and your hospitalised for a month or two. You effectively don't have a passport to get home then.

US immigration normally stamp your passport for 90 days, with that in mind, 90 days would be the least amount of time I'd want on my passport. I would check with the airline, but with only a month left on your passport it's very unlikely they'll let you fly. The main reason for that, if you are turned away at the US border, it's them who has foot the bill to get you home.

US immigration is no joke, I wouldn't run the risk.

so true! I went over with work twice in 2012, those guys take absolutely no shit and no prisoners. The finger print machine broke down as soon as I touched it and they had to reboot the PC...talk about a twitchy bumhole for 10 minutes! that dude did not want to make small talk!!!!

Phil.

Get a new one or off to Guantanemo you go!

LOL

You can get them done same day if you go to the place they issue them, but turnaround is usually pretty quick. I've had one back in less than week recently

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

It would appear that so long as have enough time on your passport for the duration of your stay you'll be good. But given that you'll need to renew your passport very shortly afterwards, I would say do it now rather than wait.

I just wouldn't want to give the chaps who sit on the border any reason to turn me around, because they can, and they will. I've been fortunate to travel to the US lots, I still get nervous when entering the country. Apart from in Texas, they don't give a shit.