Anoyone fancy giving e three and a half grand ?? Just got a quote off of mike at td for my car !!! I know its alot of work but everything about these cars seem expensive I mean unlike we saw when somebody retro fitted vw suspension to one it took them a couple of hours head scratching and then a couple more over coming the problem and £180 I just payed £644 for my coilovers and am having problems with them rubbing on everything when turning, it just seems every car apart from these are cheap to do stuff to lol and it annoys me :p

Yeah true, but that isn't actually taking my engine apart its just like a clutch turbo and mapping in essence but I know there is alot more work :) I could do everything myself being a mechanic but it would be such a ball ache and I can't do mapping or anything plus I wouldn't be as trust worthy of it so in all fairness its not too bad bit still its alot of money for not as bigger gain as going fte but still it depends what you want really :)

Also our engine is a little 1.3 so if you think about it that way over like the 2 litre engines its a massive payout

If you are a mechanic then why the hell are you not doing it yourself ? Lol. Thats the main pro with this job is not having to pay other cunts to do it haha.

You can turbo a N/a for a few hundred quid tops

But if anything fucks up you can buy about ten 4efe's out of the rest of the money and doesn't matter if you blow them up ,just put turbo kit on , new clutch, thermostat housing etc and get it to tuning developments and have emb and mapped, you would have it all turboed for like 1k

Just put an fte lump in it. You can do it in half a day lol. Especially if you are a mechanic lol. The only thing ill pay for someone to do on my car is map it, and maybe build an engine, only because you don't really save any money doing it yourself.

Try owning an M car, these things are cheap as chips in comparison. I spent £400 on a set of brake pads for mine!!

I know that feeling very well lol, my m3 is having a shitload done next week and the parts are fuckin expensive

I can yeah but if its dome somewhere else I have a warranty ?? So if it fucks up its not my problem and I dont have to fork out, that's the main reason

Lol errr have you not been following certain other threads regarding their work lol

I reckon at least half of that 3500 is gotta be labour. I'd love to see a break down of the price, it really isnt that expensive to turbo a N/a, there are a few ways to go about it obviously.

And id say starlets are one of the cheapest decent cars to tune for the performance gains available.

So not classing shitty vauxhalls or whatever lol.

It does sound a lot. But when you think an n/a-t is going to need a Ecu and map. Your nearly at 1k there even for a new emu, I'm guessing they'd use one of their turbo kits, that's going to be 1.5k, Intercooler, injectors, clutch then labour. I can see how it'll add up to that price quickly.

It isn't expensive to do yourself, but if you have brand new stuff from a tuner. It is going to be.

I haven't heard anything about their work no :/ I was only getting price quotes from them to weigh up options anyway lol I haven't got three and a hlf grand lol so my idea of it not being as bad as I thought it would be was wrong and now apparently their work isn't as good as I thought, I only thought racetech had a bad name :/ I've heard that some of their work is shocking