Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars looking good matey. Try the dunlop dz03g tyres there bloody amazing mate compared to the r888s

Cheers mate :) and I'll have a look now? If your saying there bloody amazing I'll consider it :lol:

Bit shit about JF2 mate, but at least you got it sorted (bodged) in the end :D

What power did you make on that mobile dyno ? haha.

Yeah I know man, sorry I didn't have time to talk you could see I was in stress out mode :lol:

And 217bhp, was spinning even in 5th , guy gave me my money back in the end!

What a shame that we couldn't stay out there longer, would have been good to see if my low power GT could stick to you guys in the bends. Saying that though the track definitely didn't feel as good to drive as Donington

Also where did you find the first two track pics? Wanna see if anyone else got mine

Yeah I know man, sorry I didn't have time to talk you could see I was in stress out mode :lol:

And 217bhp, was spinning even in 5th , guy gave me my money back in the end!

That's alright mate, I know what it can be like haha.

Oh really :crazy: Those mobile dyno's do make me chuckle.

What a shame that we couldn't stay out there longer, would have been good to see if my low power GT could stick to you guys in the bends. Saying that though the track definitely didn't feel as good to drive as Donington

Also where did you find the first two track pics? Wanna see if anyone else got mine

Not too sure mate I just found them on Facebook, all the ones I've seen of you I've tagged you in :)

I love this car :)

Thanks mate :)

Cracking setup man

Very jealous of your one off turbo kit

Phil

Cheers Phil, to be honest I'm seriously considering putting it up for sale soon, love the raw power delivery! But 2nd and 3rd are pretty much un-useable unless your going in a straight line....not sure I might just be overthinking it. Gonna get some new tyres then see how I feel

That's alright mate, I know what it can be like haha.

Oh really :crazy: Those mobile dyno's do make me chuckle.

Hahaha, they didn't even attempt to strap it down properly I was pretty scared at first :/

thanks for the hold up on track :p to be honest wasnt just you - few other mishaps!

R888r - assuming 195/50/15s? If so £90 a tyre here

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/toyo/proxes-r888r/195-50-r15-82v-377051

No problems always here to help :lol:

And Gheeeez that's cheap!

Stop being a pussy. Have you got an alk on?

And what the tracking like dude? I was shocked how mine felt once it was tracked up properly. Even with r888s in the front it used to spin them up in 2nd even with the measly power output I have haha

Stop being a pussy. Have you got an alk on?

And what the tracking like dude? I was shocked how mine felt once it was tracked up properly. Even with r888s in the front it used to spin them up in 2nd even with the measly power output I have haha

No not yet, will one help that much? Front hardly lifts at all at the minute mate. And the tracking as far as I'm aware is 1.8 degrees negative camber, 0.4mm toe in and caster is all the same?

Something needs doing, also clutch was dragging pretty bad in 2nd / 3rd last night, going to give the clutch a good bleed tonight, if that fails I think I may already have a box slowly dying :lol:

Why didn't I stay td04....

Haha. Well might be worth just spend that extra bit of money. All the little things make a big difference. Even just gettin the tracking checked. I haven't done my alk yet even though it's been in my cupboard for 3 years but I went in my mates leon after his was done and surprised from the grip it gave coming out of low speed corner and nailing it out

Haha. Well might be worth just spend that extra bit of money. All the little things make a big difference. Even just gettin the tracking checked. I haven't done my alk yet even though it's been in my cupboard for 3 years but I went in my mates leon after his was done and surprised from the grip it gave coming out of low speed corner and nailing it out

Sweet mate, I'm defiantly going to be looking into all that stuff very soon :)

For the minute though there's just one problem that's starting to get a tad annoying.

So I bled the clutch again tonight, got some air out, feels a hell of a lot better, can quick shift all the gears fine etc....,but when trying to select into second when moving (say anything over 40mph) it feels like the box is delaying the change? Almost like when you try to go into first whilst moving quick. The box won't allow me into second quickly unless I blip the throttle or wait for a second or two? Any ideas?

i had a simaliar problem with my spec 6 clutch and the release bearing shit itself not long after. id its a spec 6 one id just do yourself a favour and throw it in the bin.

with regards to tyres and such like id pick a decent set of tyres and find a place that specalised in set ups. i had a nightmare with my car wouldnt handle worth a fuck couldnt even do a striaght line with out snaking everywhere at 300bhp despite having every handling mod i see a benefit to. found a place that used to build full track and rally cars and had them do a custom set up and its night and day honestly never drove a starlet that handled that well and the guy gave me a list of sujestions of stuff he thinks would make it even better. wouldnt waste my time for normal garages or places that do generic fast road set ups. i spent about an hour chatting with the guy he was asking about my driving style, roads i drive and every mod on the car along with how extreme i was prepared togo before he even looked at the car. same idea with mapping really its worth finding someone who truely understands every aspect of how to make a car handle superbly.

Cheers lads, yup it's a spec 6. Was told there were more hassle than there worth, nightmare.

Bled the clutch through a lot and it's defiantly got a lot better, going to grease up my linkage today and see how it feels then.

And yeah I need to get the setup done properly, there's a guy a few use round here's who charges 200 quid, but like you said people have said it's a night and day diffrence.

Cheers lads :)

Few little things I got done after work today,

Lowered the rear, can't really see from these photos which is a bit of a wind up. But sits a lot lower. Preload I didn't touch.

BD22AA1B-B683-481E-810D-293EBF17F25C.jpg

Also as a few of you know my waste gate decided it didn't want to be part of the manifold anymore, after welding it back on I took that shocking eBay heat wrap off, looked terrible and went brittle, not nice stuff.

So now she's nice and bare again apart from a bit of titanium heat wrap around the collector as there are a few water lines very close. Gave the runners some love with a Brillo and wa-la.

911F86AE-BBD8-4395-92D7-22EDCFA329E3.jpg

Also a quick clean with some with some meguiars gold compound shampoo, never clean the car properly but this stuff made a huge difference.

33BE29E1-45FE-467B-AFE0-410FA87238CE.jpg

Didn't get any more pictures after as the phone died.

That's all for the minute, going on holiday next week, after that I'll be purchasing some new enkei wheels with some savage tyres :)

great build!! get a video up of her.. you know you want to :)

Cheers mate, will grab some soon!

New tyres went and happened.

Someone local was selling some near on new (5 laps of a wet drift track near me) NS2-R XL soft compounds. For the price of 140 quid I had to snap them up.

First thoughts after having them fitted was 'meh there not that good'

Second thought after getting heat into them......'what the fu*k this car can corner this quickly' :lol:

Awesome tyres, really have changed the whole feel of the car. By far the most enjoyable mod I've done in a while.

68D3D1DF-EC8D-4F68-B6A9-CCBBF4F4EFA7.jpg

8020D7DD-A8BC-4A48-A038-2A795A13EC5D.jpg

97330D14-934C-4F17-80E4-656842B25189.jpg

Would defiantly recommend them. Noticed the change in the way the car handles a lot more than my BC's