So who is bored of modifying cars then??

basically I have had a reet pause in buying mods for my car.. cars.. the starlet suddenly stopped then the current..

all I seem to think now is what a waste of money it is LOL..like why do we do it? spend all that money on it to.......!!???

but I love it and hate it.. like a marmite thing a suppose...

or is it becouse a house is on the cards.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

so what do you think? are you bored of it??

Edited by iamlegend

I always get people telling me how its such a waste of money but ironically its Normaly people older than me that still stay with there parents And just get drunk every weekend. I work pretty mental hours but just bought a flat and run 2 cars. Everyone's gonna piss there money away on something so id rather spend it on my car and atleast have something to show for it.

It's not a waste of money as you can get most of you money back if you sell all your mods separately (as long as you are patient and don't want everything gone in a day).

People modify cars to make themselves feel fucking awesome when they drive it and get an erection when they look at it. :)

It's not a waste of money as you can get most of you money back if you sell all your mods separately (as long as you are patient and don't want everything gone in a day).

:)

Quoted for truth.

Patience is key. Also if you buy secondhand parts and pride yourself on maintaining or improving their condition during your ownership then your guaranteed to to make your purchases make money.

Phil

As above, every one wanks their disposable income on something. If you drink and go out clubbing you have nothing to show, if you buy tons of clothes n shoes they just wear out. If you mod cars you have an actual physical object thats can be sold again for at least some if not all the funds back. Can think of far worse things to spend money on. Try modding a manual legend, its a whole new world haha.

In the same place now I love modding my car and working on it every possible chance but I am myself hanging up the keys and ending it with modifying cars just have a urge to quit it and try something different with the money

At the end of the day it is, but it depends what you want from your car in my opinion. If you just want a car to go quickly in that's got all the mod cons then probably best off buying a different car.

But for most I guess it is the fact that you can make a car quite quick for not a huge outlay of cash and what cash is spent is not one big lump sum like a more expensive car would be. Or for some it is the getting there and learning about things as they progress rather than the actual finished project which is why some people sell quite soon after finishing a project. But at the end of the day you will see some of your cash back at least, can't say the same for other hobbies.

basically I have had a reet pause in buying mods for my car.. cars.. the starlet suddenly stopped then the current..

all I seem to think now is what a waste of money it is LOL..like why do we do it? spend all that money on it to.......!!???

but I love it and hate it.. like a marmite thing a suppose...

or is it becouse a house is on the cards.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

so what do you think? are you bored of it??

man why did you even start this thread dude not a real enthusiast ha ha maybe start a knitting competition :) :) in the future :p:p

Buy a car that already has done what you were planning on doing, say engine wise or body wise then you just add a few touches to make it your own. Save yourself a load of cash :)

I think it is a waste of money, but what else are you going to do with your hard earned? Put it under your mattress and what it depreciate?

I dont think modding cars is boring, but i also dont think spending every penny you have on modding a car is a good idea either.

I much prefer spending cash on hoildays, nights out, weekends away and doing stuff mates than blowing it all on starlet parts !!

People modify cars to make themselves feel fucking awesome when they drive it and get an erection when they look at it. :)

LOL! have to admit I do love the feeling of masterbating over my car when it looks mint! BUT its becoming abit of a effort now buying mods....

As above, every one wanks their disposable income on something. If you drink and go out clubbing you have nothing to show, if you buy tons of clothes n shoes they just wear out. If you mod cars you have an actual physical object thats can be sold again for at least some if not all the funds back. Can think of far worse things to spend money on. Try modding a manual legend, its a whole new world haha.

lol....try creating a decent ride bro......

In the same place now I love modding my car and working on it every possible chance but I am myself hanging up the keys and ending it with modifying cars just have a urge to quit it and try something different with the money

AMEN to that sir.... thinking of somthing new like.... think a motor bike was on the cards but ad kill me self hahaha

man why did you even start this thread dude not a real enthusiast ha ha maybe start a knitting competition :) :) in the future :p:p

been doing it ALONG time man haha.... I was actually thinking about joining a chess championship?? hmm

Buy a car that already has done what you were planning on doing, say engine wise or body wise then you just add a few touches to make it your own. Save yourself a load of cash :)

I think it is a waste of money, but what else are you going to do with your hard earned? Put it under your mattress and what it depreciate?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I dont think modding cars is boring, but i also dont think spending every penny you have on modding a car is a good idea either.

I much prefer spending cash on hoildays, nights out, weekends away and doing stuff mates than blowing it all on starlet parts !!

very true was getting a point where was spending my whole wage on it every month arrgghhh ahha...

main point got rid of starlet was to many things to buy and it was not going to stop any time soon haha

Edited by iamlegend

ash i have literly came up the stair from looking out the window at the starlet on one side and the eg6 on the other and im thinking about letting her go, tbh its breaking my heart but the final straw today after the problems i spoke to you about i went to roll the car forward to let my dad out and wouldnt start, i know it could be something simple like a bettery or a starter etc BUT its as if its just not meant to be :( what a waste of money

ash i have literly came up the stair from looking out the window at the starlet on one side and the eg6 on the other and im thinking about letting her go, tbh its breaking my heart but the final straw today after the problems i spoke to you about i went to roll the car forward to let my dad out and wouldnt start, i know it could be something simple like a bettery or a starter etc BUT its as if its just not meant to be :( what a waste of money

If you need a starter motor I got one sat in my garage postage and it's yours if needs be

What?? dont be silly lol! you running a wolf ecu etc?

I dont know where I would be with out my car really, I am stuck with trying to think of anything else I could spend it on

Edited by mattyD

If you need a starter motor I got one sat in my garage postage and it's yours if needs be

thanks ben it shouldnt be the starter as it was refurbished not long ago so its a weird one :S

What?? dont be silly lol! you running a wolf ecu etc?

I dont know where I would be with out my car really, I am stuck with trying to think of anything else I could spend it on

nah me EMU was looking into wolf but tbh production has took a major turn and im a ballhair away from letting her go

Id have a nissan GTR right now if I just stuck with a nissan micra 1 litre for 6 years hahahaha.... sick how much spent on past vehicles owned...for what haha

ahh sent you a PM bro...

Edited by iamlegend