Yeah every time we change a sensor we find out some twat has swapped it with some random one and so far that had fixed a lot of problems.

At this stage I don't care anymore haha new engine being built over winter and I won't be driving much so I'm just gonna wait til the engine is out then go through everything and find the problems

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow yeah been ages since I updated here, hectic few months for me with my final year of uni!

only real update is my rear bumper is finally on!

measuring my crank bearings this weekend so we can get them then build the new engine and then it'll be going in!

also gonna stick on a new set of doors to clear up the rust issue I have. That's pretty much it for now!

post-9753-0-65721000-1453842839_thumb.jp

Edited by bdohohh

JJ deserves it.

No one knows yet except me and Joel Phil, but I guess it's about time I told people! Joel's old TRD T3's are now mine. And they're going white.

I know white on white is a love/hate thing but I've been slowly realising that the only reason I've been clinging to the idea of bright statement wheels is because I used to need them, on the yaris which was boring and then to make the starlet stand out at the beginning.

But recently I've been looking at it and there's just way too much going on, with stickers and spoilers and body kits and all, I think a clean simple white wheel will just make the whole car look more sophisticated (if thats the right way to put it..)

Gonna be rubbing them down this weekend, as well as swapping some electrics into my new doors which are finally going in soon to replace my hideous rusty ones.

And I suppose my new SR stickers will be going on soon too.

OH and this weekend we'll be measuring the crank and buying some bearings so engine progress is coming soooooon.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the windows tinted sooner rather than later. Been putting it off since September...2014. Life gets so in the way of cars.

That rear end looks awesome, good job!

Cheers Iddy!!

What a transformation looks mint

Thanks a lot man :)

they let me in hahahahaha, how ya doing mate. just got me a tidy 98 Glanzlet to show this year

haha seen that on japdreamz mate, looks well clean! hopefully see it around at a couple of shows now that my car is more show worthy

• 2 weeks later...

No more apexi n1 :(

It was sitting funny and hitting the bumper so adjusted it and the pipe is rotted almost completely through. It's unfixable, or at least there's no one I would trust over here to fix it.

Stuck another apexi from my boyfriends trueno on just to have a backbox so I can drive, but I'm not a fan of the sound at all.

So will be sticking the HKS silent hi power back on within a week or two! Gonna really miss the apexi, loved the sound of it and how it looked but it's not stainless steel and is almost 20 years old so it was gonna happen eventually

:'(

I'm sure he could put a new pipe in but it'd never sound the same cause the backbox would need cut open, and there's no point fixing it if it's gonna sound different.

HKS always sounded better, I just preferred the look of the Apexi and the fact it gurgled and popped. Apexi on now is an n1 I think just slightly newer and from a trueno, and it sounds so different. So quiet and raspy.

Sad I have to get rid of the apexi, loved the sound of it :(

Cars just falling apart at the minute :L

First the exhaust, now the suspension is on the go, twangs every time I turn the wheel, so it looks like the coils are coming out and lowering springs going in.

Also really disturbing rattling noise, not like a normal exhaust rattle. Sounds like something is loose somewhere, shaking and about to fall off. Almost sounds like the boot door is open and slamming around the place, but I've checked the exhaust, it's completely sturdy and no rattles, boot door is definitely shut lol, all bumper and spoiler are secure.. No idea what it could be but it's really unstable feeling when I drive.

A huuge part of me wants to just strip it to standard, sell it, sell all the parts, and get a nice little 2004 corolla haha..

Don't worry it's not that bad, yet. I'm still gonna do the 100hp engine, and then turbo it. Just getting frustrated because it's my daily and I drive roughly 15-20 miles in and out of Uni 3 times a week, plus most of my friends live around 10-15 miles away, and it's starting to get annoying when I can't go certain places in case the car shites itself half way there or won't turn on again once its there.

ALSO the feckin door window motors are bolloxed, and thats inconvenient when you park in a multi story you need to get tickets in and out of the window for...

Although having said all that, for once the engine is running smooth as anything, no issues there, which is the main thing I guess...

I will push through though! It will be turbo'd and it will be fixed and for once have NO PROBLEMS. For now hopefully a new centre section, backbox, engine, suspension and all new doors will keep her happy... As well as the all new rear end, side skirts, front end, seats, catch can, intake, battery and wheels she's had.

Greedy bitch.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonnet lift kit still not fitted - I'm a lazy sod and have been mega busy with uni dissertation issues recently, but it's submitted now so car time.

Interesting issue though that I cannot figure out so any light shed would be amazing. Quite hard to describe too.

So engine is munching through oil, has been doing that for months, not sure if it's related but just for context.

It also went through a good few month period where it did not wanna start at all, especially if i left it a day or two with no driving - it would turn over then cut out immediately then would not start without a bump

So we changed the battery - alternator tested perfect so we left it.

Now, it's started doing it again, but less severe, and now for no reason. So I could have driven it that morning, gone out to the car a few hours later and it cuts out as soon as it starts - usually I can catch it, give it a rev or two then its fine.

Also if the car is warm and I'm sitting in it waiting for someone, I turn the heat up full to warm up and it's fine.

Then suddenly, ten minutes later, the revs just drop and the whole car starts shaking, and this continues even when I turn the heating off and turn the car off then back on again - but once I let it cool down and turn it over again it either doesn't start first time then is fine, or its just fine.

Gonna check alternator again this weekend as well as timing and battery - anything else anyone can think this might be? I'm really stumped, alternator was coming back as being fine less than a month ago and it's a new battery. Oil issue related perhaps? We suspect the oil issue is related to a cracked piston but no proof of that til engine comes out.