• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I've no idea who did it it was in one of our spare tail gates. Only noticed it when the light hit it and I had to have it.

Thanks everyone, she passed no defects!

Sidelight was out, the side repeater wires are duct taped up and there's a hefty heat shield rattle but the mot man had a few revs and seemed to enjoy driving her so no problems.

Lucky since I've an exam next week and need my car to get down to it, and wasn't sure how long a retest would be to book!

Glad your starlet passed MOT no problems :thumbsup: I hate MOT places over here. got failed on a number plate once....

Was the duck tail spoiler easy enough to fit? I'm debating with myself if I should get one or not.

literally just stuck it on with bonding glue, super easy!

yeah i was scared cause it'll take ages to get a retest probably and I need my car everyday. Wish it was more like england just drive in and no matter what you pass pretty much.

literally just stuck it on with bonding glue, super easy!

yeah i was scared cause it'll take ages to get a retest probably and I need my car everyday. Wish it was more like england just drive in and no matter what you pass pretty much.

I wish over here was like england too. Nearest date I could get to mot my daily ibiza was 21st this month.. I'm in work that day and I'm not taking a day off work for them to fail me on something really stupid.

I thought you stuck it on with silicone as that's what the previous owner or owner's used to hold my side skirts on with hahaha

We used some kind of glue not 100% what it was called will ask but any kind of strong bonding glue sticks it it's not like my spoiler which needed drilled in cause it was heavy and awkward as feck haha.

Yeah luckily the local mot guys seem to always like my car or know my bf or his dad so they don't look at it properly haha. I had this booked from a month ago like cause I knew how hard it was to get dates for it.

My man barely looked at it. It was up on the shaker for about a minute and I'm almost positive he didnt actually look when he checked the headlight adjustment, just wheeled it across quickly cause I didn't see him do it at all but he must have just very quickly. He also didn't notice my side light was out, didnt mention my lack of side indicators which I was ready for an argument about, didnt seem to mind the massively loud rattle I have going on, or the fact my front passenger headlight is held up with wood...

I reckon it might be down to the fact I'm a girl who smiled at him and let him rev my car :L

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated, pretty much nothing has happened. Still waiting on a few things so I can build the engine, and my painter coming home from holiday to do my rear bumper.

Once that's done the car is pretty much done for now, until I change my mind.

I can't really afford to do the turbo properly for right now, since it needs rebuilt, I still need an FMIC, and a few other niggly little bits. SO rather than rush it and it'll end up shit and cheap, I'm gonna put it aside for now (End plan is still turbo just maybe sometime next year rather than this) but I'm still craving more speed

So for now the plan is to stick an emanage blue into the rebuilt engine with GT rods, mess around with intake and exhaust mani's etc and see just how much an n/a 4efe can take and still be reliable.

Then it'll just be a case of slowly continuing to collect the turbo parts, save up to rebuild it and then it'll all be ready to go straight on.

Basically stealing my boyfriends old idea, he got his n/a to 94bhp so it's a competition now to see if I can beat him but hopefully it won't kill my engine.

Edited by bdohohh

That's what we're hoping! The 4efe jap ep82's gi came as 100bhp from factory so Joel has an exhaust mani and shit from them so we know the engine can take it, especially with gt turbo rods. I'm curious to see how far I can push it and still be reliable!

On Joel's old n/a when it was running 94 it was quick, surprised a lot of people especially when they realised there was no turbo haha.

Just waiting on figuring out a few things needed to start building the engine and then have sorted out an emanage blue provisionally hopefully so it's looking good!

Not gonna lie so excited to get this done and get it on a rolling road and see how far these little engines can go

Edited by bdohohh

Cammy, I could be wrong but as far as I've been told the jap ep82 gi came with 100bhp, but like I said i might be wrong on the model I'm not good with 80's! There was definitely one that came with 100bhp and my boyfriend has the manis from it so I can try and recreate

And cheers drongo:)

Took a quick video to try and get my exhaust noise, if I cruise in second I get these amazing gurgles which you can just about hear in the video.

https://vimeo.com/138519856

I'm not sure which one I have, my boyfriend has one too so i dunno if they're from the same or different but both are from the 99hp engine.

Thanks everyone! The popping is my favourite part, I can only get it when I rev up to around 1500/2000 then let it cruise like that in first/second and sometimes third. I hate coming to a stop and having to put my clutch in and killing the gurgles :'(

On a side note, had a weird issue with the car last night. It was driven on Sunday fine, went out to start it and it sounded like it was only running on 2-3 so I went out and checked the spark plugs made sure they were tight.

It turned over again but cut out straight away, so I turned it over by pumping the throttle and it seemed ok... Then I came to the bottom of my road put my clutch in and it cut out?

I got it bump started and it ran fine the rest of the night. Only thing I can think is I live on a steep hill and my petrol was low so that's why it struggled, and when I pumped the throttle I flooded the engjne?

Orrrr distributer?

The battery is perfect so it's something else...

New engine can't come quick enough :(

• 1 month later...

1998 White SR, free to a good home.

New owner requirements: must be able to put up with and take a lot of shit.

As previously said, NEW ENGINE CANT COME QUICK ENOUGH!

thankfully only waiting on some bearings then it can be built and stuck in.

If I don't turn my car over once, sometimes it even needs twice, a day, it dies internally.

I've a shit lower back and I completely fecked it at the gym last week, been pretty much bed bound until saturday/sunday so today is the first i've been able to get out and try and start it to get back to normal life, since I need to my car to get pretty much anywhere from where I live.

ANNND of course it turned over then conked out immediately, then the engine flooded, despite the fact I only tried turning it over once with a little bit of throttle pumping (literally 4-5 pumps at most). Had to dry out the spark plugs and jump start it,sit and rev it for like 5 minutes and then take it on a ten minute drive just so it stays alive until tomorrow. Got the dirtiest look from my neighbour who works nights so was asleep but I had no choice.

so the piston rings are probably shite, hence the oil drinking, and something else is definitely going on that causes this issue, which i'm desperately hoping will be fixed with the new engine.

and it's 100% not the battery, cause it's pretty new and it always turns over no problem, just doesnt start.

On a bright side apparently my bumper is being taken away to be painted next weekend. So at least the little shitbox will look good.

It could be running rich for some reason and that means bore wash will eventually kill the piston rings.

If that is the case you need to find out why its running so rich, fuel pressure regulator standard? oxygen sensor working?

Distributor cap and rotor arm ok? Not enough spatk to burn the fuel

^^^wouldn't surprise me, Joel found that someone had swapped out half the damn plugs on the engine loom for random Corolla plugs for no apparent reason, so it wouldnt be much of a surprise to find out the same balloon had swapped other stuff at random!

Sorry to hear of the problems B!

Phil.