• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a big surprise...

Turns out my boyfriend got my varis spoiler and duck spoiler and tailgate freshly painted without my knowledge.

So they'll be on in a few weeks!

Now just need my rear bumper and doors and the car is done body wise.

So excited!

He tried to be so sneaky. His dad gave it away though haha. He was never going to tell me he paid for them, was going to get the price for the doors and bumper and tell me that was the price for all the parts.

I dunno if I'm happy or angry at his sneakiness hahaha.

true! I'm feeling very in love now having walked into the garage and seeing them sitting there all new. He even tried to convince me it was just a test coat and they weren't finished. hahaha

If your painting your wheels and not sure about the colour try plastidipping them. I got mine done and didn't like the way they first turned out so the fella kept adding coats until I liked them. If you don't like the end result, just peel it off! :)

Varis and duck spoilers both going on this week as well as the new tailgate. Shiny new rear end for her.

New glanza bumper will be painted and on very soon too.

I'm also in the process of buying ANOTHER set of glanza doors cause they're cheap and perfect and white so cheaper than painting the yellow ones I've got.

Once this is all on, no more rust! And shiny new panels all around the car.

So excited to see what she looks like all shiny and more aggressive looking

For an auld girl with a busted engine, she's still got some pull!

Surprised myself (and him...) by besting an ep3 civic (type s dressed up as an r, i guess it had a standard engine), not sure how. Generally I think this little SR in particular is a torque MACHINE cause she pulls stupidly quick off the line, always has, so I got well ahead and he just couldn't catch me. 99% sure he just mucked up or wasn't really trying though.

All on a private road, obviously. ;)

New tailgate is all wired up :) just need to put my boot lock into it and the braces for opening it then it's ready to go on.

Then just a case of bonding glue to get the spoilers on.

So ready. Should hopefully be getting a price for the rear bumper paint soon too which will mean that will be painted within a few weeks.

So so ready for a more aggressive rear end. The more I see the n/a rear end the more I dislike it, which is really annoying cause I feel like it lets the whole car down, in my opinion!

Where did you get the splitter from? Is it genuine or one of idrees copies?

Its a genuine splitter, came off a car Joel had for a while.

Nice update Beth, really looking forward to seeing the new rear end!

Phil.

Yup, genuine tte splitter that Joel got when he bought an SR that had it and he kept all the rare parts haha.

Me too Phil, I really can't wait! Counting the days until Friday haha

So anyone who's seen my car will know the top of where the tailgate attaches was mossy green haha so while the tailgate was off to get the spoilers put on I gave it a good scrub

Posted Image

Posted Image